Sign in to follow this  
Miller4Prez64

Barnes says team has no heart

It's about time, but I didn't expect Matt to do that. Seems like he maybe emerging as a leader? Regardless, I'm definitely getting his jersey now. He knows his role, plays D, and hustles- can't complain about that

Matt Barnes is a winner. The disappointing thing about this is that Dwight, Nelson, Carter, and Lewis didn't come out and say this first. A role player wants it more than the other guys.

Barnes came from the Suns. This was a team with a winning attitude. An attitude that did whatever it took to win even with the players they had.

This is a very disappointing season. Just so utterly..disappointing.

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

From PinStripePost...

quote:

Golliver has these notes from the Orlando locker room:

Magic forward Matt Barnes could not have been more disgusted with his team's lack of effort and intensity, spewing profanities without care in the locker room post-game and repeating that it was on every individual Magic player to bring his best effort every night. "We're loaded," Barnes quipped, "We should be undefeated on paper." And then later, "Talk is cheap. We gotta knock people down like they're knocking Dwight down."

And this....

quote:

Andrew R Tonry of the Portland Roundball Society has more on Barnes in the locker room after the game was over.

After being mauled by the Blazers Friday night, Orlando guard-forward Matt Barnes was cursing up a blue streak in the Orlando locker room to a couple of Magic beat reporters. It was almost soul searching. Barnes' tone was hushed, but it didn't hide his absolute disgust. He was unguarded and shockingly honest--rare qualities in an NBA locker room.

Barnes made his way out. Referring to his comments, one reporter leaned to the other and pointed towards Dwight Howard, who was dressing at the pace of a two-toed sloth. "He should be saying that," the reporter whispered.

http://www.blazersedge.com/201...rt-blazers-102-magic

http://www.portlandroundballso...le-magic-102-87.html

More evidence to support my theory that Dwight isn't and will never be mentally strong or mature enough to lead this team to a championship.

Come on guys, Matt Barnes was on the ****ing 2007 Warriors. Pietrus was too, but Pietrus is too much of a smooth French to be angry like that. Barnes has a winner attitude and it showed on one of the greatest series I've ever witnessed. Unfortunately, he's still the new guy on the team and he won't just become leader.

quote:
Originally posted by Osprey23:

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

From PinStripePost...

quote:

Golliver has these notes from the Orlando locker room:

Magic forward Matt Barnes could not have been more disgusted with his team's lack of effort and intensity, spewing profanities without care in the locker room post-game and repeating that it was on every individual Magic player to bring his best effort every night. "We're loaded," Barnes quipped, "We should be undefeated on paper." And then later, "Talk is cheap. We gotta knock people down like they're knocking Dwight down."

And this....

quote:

Andrew R Tonry of the Portland Roundball Society has more on Barnes in the locker room after the game was over.

After being mauled by the Blazers Friday night, Orlando guard-forward Matt Barnes was cursing up a blue streak in the Orlando locker room to a couple of Magic beat reporters. It was almost soul searching. Barnes' tone was hushed, but it didn't hide his absolute disgust. He was unguarded and shockingly honest--rare qualities in an NBA locker room.

Barnes made his way out. Referring to his comments, one reporter leaned to the other and pointed towards Dwight Howard, who was dressing at the pace of a two-toed sloth. "He should be saying that," the reporter whispered.

http://www.blazersedge.com/201...rt-blazers-102-magic

http://www.portlandroundballso...le-magic-102-87.html

More evidence to support my theory that Dwight isn't and will never be mentally strong or mature enough to lead this team to a championship.

Thats why i hope nelson does something. Dwight is fine being the face of the franchise. He's a good role model, likable. We need Nelson to step up and lead the team.

Barnes has nothing to lose. He's on his 6th or 7th team now. From a guy who came from nothing on six or seven different teams, he can stand up to these prima donnas. He's been high scorer for most of the games since moving to the starting position. He's in a position now to honestly start to ask what's wrong with the rest of the starters.

I could have sworn 98% of this forums population hated me when I made a thread titled "Barnes should start over Pietrus" in the first week of the season.

It's okay though, because I forgive anybody that finally sees the truth. He was simply on a shooting slump, and is better suited to a starters role.

To a lot of your's defense, I wasn't alone in this. Many people other than myself will agree that Barnes starting is a GOOD idea, and always has been.

As for leadership, what happened to Jameer?