Sign in to follow this  
Chikwaters

Choose a coach

None of them. Can we bring someone from Argentina or Europe ? Sine is clear they run on a very fundamental game and don't care about to name x player a franchise player, all they want is winning games.Also,they don't have an official starting player because when the player sucks it is sent to warm the bench.

quote:
Originally posted by jonathan:

None of them. Can we bring someone from Argentina or Europe ? Sine is clear they run on a very fundamental game and don't care about to name x player a franchise player, all they want is winning games.Also,they don't have an official starting player because when the player sucks it is sent to warm the bench.

I wonder about that. D'Antoni was a great coach over seas, I wonder if it wouldn't work here. Euro teams seem to emphasize sharing the ball, the only thing I would worry about would be how Dwight would get used.

quote:
Originally posted by Scarred for Life:

Is this even a question? Larry Brown hands down. Since when is Larry a bad coach just cuz the knicks werea mess last year? This is just disrespectful to a great, hall-of-fame coach.

I think that you're forgetting that both Darko and Ariza hated playing for him. Something tells me that it wouldn't work.

Marc, I wouldn't worry about Howard cause he will develope his game in other areas other than just rebounding and dunking the ball,plus he will till making his millions.

Otherwise I think everybody love more winning games than anything else... Ummmm am I right? Will B.Hill and Otis read this board tomorrow ? I hope so ...

Just saw this on hoopshype and thought it was pretty interesting-

"When Smith analyzes basketball on TNT, he sounds like a coach designing a game plan or a general manager trying to construct a team. This is not an accident. Smith is very interested in becoming an NBA coach or general manager at some point.

Is it bad that I think B. hIll is the best coach on that list. If he keeps up with the way he played against Utah.

We arent against B. Hill, we are against his coaching ways. If he changes the game plan we all wanted and it works, do we still want to fire him.

quote:
Originally posted by Marc Acres 3:16:

quote:
Originally posted by jonathan:

I wonder about that. D'Antoni was a great coach over seas, I wonder if it wouldn't work here. Euro teams seem to emphasize sharing the ball, the only thing I would worry about would be how Dwight would get used.

Probably it will be a positive since I can't imagine an European coach wanting to make Dwight a Shaq clone who can do nothing else bud dunk.

An Euro coach would probably make Dwight hit a consistent 10 foot jumpshot at least and polish his offense more. Under our present coach's system Dwight is too one-dimensional on offense and hasn't been coached to add more moves.

Marc Acres 3:16 brings an interesting and possibly a very good choice here: Kenny Smith

Not only is he one of the funniest, smartest analysts I've ever seen but he's also a likable guy that has plenty of personality and will have credibility and respect with the players. We have none the above with B.Hill.

Kenny Smith, I wish the Magic would give him seriuos consideration and in my mind that would also ease the pain of remembering his 3-pt shot that sent that first 95' finals game into overtime.

Reality check, this organization is too dumb and narrowminded. Pigs will fly before the Magic bring in Kenny Smith for an interview.

There are a few euroleague coaches who could nba coaches a thing or two.In europe rarely do you see a team change few coaches in one year.Most bigtime programs/teams stay with a coach for 3,4 years deppending on their success.In europe its vary rare someone with no head coaching experience take over a major team.In the nba thats common,just look at the new bucks coach.In the nba i beleive there is only 5,6 really good coaches,the rest are either poor or terrible.Mike D.A'ntoni never won a euroleague title,he only 1 italian league c'ship.Another thing is the language barrier,most of te good,great euroleague coaches speak either broken or no english at all.George Karl coached in europe before with little success,i beleived he coached real madrid sometime in the 80's.I beleive there are better coaches in the ncaa system than the nba,but they won't leave their jobs so they can put up with a bunch of spoiled millioners.

Kenny Smith is racist,he hates euro's and their style of play.Greg Anthony is a better candidate imo.Although its hard to tell unless someone gives him a chance.