Sign in to follow this  
Nick Anderson 4 President

If it weren't for egos, would you move VC and Jameer to the bench?

quote:
Originally posted by jack l j:

i believe i saw that line up together last night and they did very well.

Did we play against the Lakers last night?...No

Did we play against the Spurs?.....No

What about the Celtics?....No

Please remind me who we played against last night...?

jwill

jj

matt

ra

dwight

actually, this line up makes sense. as of the moment, it is becoming evident that this lineup is getting it done. jwill starting doesn't mean he has to log more minutes. jwill brings more energy so why not let him start so we won't always have a slow start. jameer can bring his scoring boost off the bench. ryan is earning minutes he deserves. he hustles, he can mix it up with his post up moves and three point shooting and he can REBOUND! much better than shard.

quote:
Originally posted by rtillaree:

egos mean nothing to me and honestly I'd like to move both of them a whole lot further than the bench...

Yikes!!! How about including Van Gundy and Otis in the move, since they are resposible for what they have now.

quote:
Originally posted by barnettej:

The lineup is not strong enough to do that... We would get bounced by Atlanta

How badly do we have to beat them in the regular season before silly things like this aren't said? Atlanta is like Cleveland last season; overachieving. They are putting out more effort and intensity than the other good teams and their record is bloated. Won't do anything but hurt them when it counts and a first round exit should surprise nobody.

quote:
Originally posted by ibonedteribell:

quote:

egos mean nothing to me and honestly I'd like to move both of them a whole lot further than the bench...

Yikes!!! How about including Van Gundy and Otis in the move, since they are resposible for what they have now.

Yes! I agree! Fire the coach and the GM because this club made it to the finals last year and are only 3 games out of first in the East this season! Clearly these guys deserve to be fired!

I really missed you adding your worthless input to the forums. Welcome back!

quote:
Originally posted by roborat:

jwill

jj

matt

ra

dwight

actually, this line up makes sense. as of the moment, it is becoming evident that this lineup is getting it done. jwill starting doesn't mean he has to log more minutes. jwill brings more energy so why not let him start so we won't always have a slow start. jameer can bring his scoring boost off the bench. ryan is earning minutes he deserves. he hustles, he can mix it up with his post up moves and three point shooting and he can REBOUND! much better than shard.

We'd be swept in the second round if that starting line-up averaged 35 minutes a game.

Isn't it a crazy coincidence how Anthony Johnson seemed to outperform Jason Williams when he was starting and how Jason Williams is outperforming Jameer Nelson as the back up and how Nelson used to end the Arroyo-Nelson argument off the bench? Could it be that the league doesn't have enough quality point guards and definately not enough bigs to slow down back-up point guards? No, it can't possibly be the most logical answer. These players are coincidentally up and down with absolutely no rhyme or reason.

quote:
Originally posted by Kramer:

quote:

How badly do we have to beat them in the regular season before silly things like this aren't said? Atlanta is like Cleveland last season; overachieving. They are putting out more effort and intensity than the other good teams and their record is bloated. Won't do anything but hurt them when it counts and a first round exit should surprise nobody.

Atlanta is a good team. We should not sleep on Atlanta, but at the same time, much as our record versus Cleveland last year and the years leading up, we seem to have their number, and they know it.

Funny though, they get down in a hole against Orlando and give up, then get down in a hole against Boston and start fighting back. I'd love to see them matched up together in the playoffs again.

quote:
Originally posted by echo4papa:

quote:
Originally posted by ibonedteribell:

quote:

Yes! I agree! Fire the coach and the GM because this club made it to the finals last year and are only 3 games out of first in the East this season! Clearly these guys deserve to be fired!

I really missed you adding your worthless input to the forums. Welcome back!

Psh echo, there you go again. You've got to put the past behind you. Hakuna Matata. J-Will is clearly a better basketball player than Jameer, Mike Brown is obviously a better coach, and Ryan Anderson is our solution at both forward positions.

quote:
Originally posted by echo4papa:

quote:
Originally posted by Kramer:

quote:

Atlanta is a good team. We should not sleep on Atlanta, but at the same time, much as our record versus Cleveland last year and the years leading up, we seem to have their number, and they know it.

Funny though, they get down in a hole against Orlando and give up, then get down in a hole against Boston and start fighting back. I'd love to see them matched up together in the playoffs again.

Yeah, it'd be pretty awesome to face the exhausted winner of that series in the ECF. Here's to

1)Boston

2)Orlando

3)Cleveland

4)Atlanta

A girl can dream, can't she?

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by deadman54:

quote:

Nope....

Nelson knows the system better than J-Will and is more aggressive and more consistent...

VC moving to the bench... That could possibly work, lately he hasnt been moving very well, not very quick laterally and often cheats to much on defense...

I know Nelson has his issues on defense, but his history has been that he has another notch or two to take it up...

He torched Mo Williams last yr when we face them before he got injured...

And he did a great job of containing Ford and Calderon during the playoff series against the Raptors.. the same Series Dwight had a 20/20 I believe 2 or 3 games.

When I watch J-will, he does a good job running and passing.. but isnt as consistent from game to game... he goes in spurts.... And due to his age, he should not get starting minutes... He doesnt have the same legs...

If VC can find himself again, and take better shots instead of the usual 30ft behind the arch, then VC will do great as a starter...

For right now, maybe a bench role would be good... keep him fresh for a bit, until we need him in the 4th qtr...

Having a lineup like deadman suggested is laughable...

J-will

JJ

Matt

Ryan

Dwight

That would be a matchup dream for opposing teams that have bigger and better players.. We would never make it out of the first round with that lineup...

And it would also suggest that we are a complete bunch of idiots for spending that kind of money to have Lew,Nelson,VC sitting on the bench... which is like 180 million worth...

This reminds me of the old Carlos days, when everyone who loved Carlos said that Arroyo was better than Nelson.... which again was laughable...

So the same applies to people saying J-will is better than Nelson now... Laughable

Nelson was a major key to our success last year before he was injured, we actually grabbed the #1 spot in the East...

He will be a major key to us winning a championship...

Dont forget who else was out there watching LA celebrate on our floor besides Dwight...

Now im sure you can say im a Nelson fan... but really im a Magic fan... I could care less who is out there as long as we win a championship...

And right now our best PG to run the team is Nelson, unless we make some crazy trade and get someone better, and that has the legs to keep it going the rest of the season.

you raise some good points as to why you think my lineup is laughable but i put this line up together with our inform players when you have depth why not put some of the high paid stars in their place.

i just think we should look a little less at the dollar figure of our roster and look at whos in form.

at this stage jwill is performing better than jameer but once jameer gets back to his best then yes start him just take the added pressure of getting us off to a good start off his shoulders and let him get playing.

jj over vince was purly to have us playing 5 on 5 to kick the game off rather than 4+1 on 5, vince back to his best would leap over jj.

ryan over shard was due to stan wanting to spread the floor ryan can shoot the 3 and also rebound and you need your 4 man helping dwight,

i would go with bass starting in the 4 if this was my team as i like running a true pf in that spot and mixing up and spreading the 4 later in the game.

Okay, then what about that same lineup defending a team like the Celtics or Spurs or Lakers or Cav's...

true but like i said this is stans style of play line up id have bass starting in the 4 if i was head coach.

against the other 4 i dont think it matters as i have said jameer vince and lewis still get thier big minutes just not in the first few of the game. there is no rule that a benched player can play less minutes than the starters.

for me it was about eliminating our slow starts and getting us going forward early using both stans style and inform players to get us going.

quote:
We'd be swept in the second round if that starting line-up averaged 35 minutes a game.

Isn't it a crazy coincidence how Anthony Johnson seemed to outperform Jason Williams when he was starting and how Jason Williams is outperforming Jameer Nelson as the back up and how Nelson used to end the Arroyo-Nelson argument off the bench? Could it be that the league doesn't have enough quality point guards and definately not enough bigs to slow down back-up point guards? No, it can't possibly be the most logical answer. These players are coincidentally up and down with absolutely no rhyme or reason.

Of course players tend to be up and down.. but as of the moment that line up more often than not brings more consistency to the team's style of play.