Sign in to follow this  
Jareth Cutestory

The Official "trade for ____ ? Thread"

Iggy is a nasty defender and driver. One of the best wings in the league in both categories. Did you guys read that he converts 68% of his buckets around the rim for 3rd overall, which includes bigs? He also averages about 6 assists a game. Seems like he would be great on a team that loves to shoot 3s. He often could play point and drive and kick, etc.

EDIT: Forgive me, Sinister, I just read your post. Agree.

quote:
Originally posted by Soul Bro:

Iggy is a nasty defender and driver. One of the best wings in the league in both categories. Did you guys read that he converts 68% of his buckets around the rim for 3rd overall, which includes bigs? He also averages about 6 assists a game. Seems like he would be great on a team that loves to shoot 3s. He often could play point and drive and kick, etc.

Nice stat, that percentage would go up for sure playing with Dwight.

quote:
Originally posted by Soul Bro:

EDIT: Forgive me, Sinister, I just read your post. Agree.

No prob.

Iggy is definitely the perfect type of 2 to play with Jameer. The same reason why I would have liked Joe Johnson on the team. They both are great passers and great defenders. Joe is just a better outside shooter. I like Iggy's approach to the game a bit more though.

quote:
Originally posted by LinkZ2009:

Iggy actually attacks the hoop unlike someone we have.

Unlike everyone we have sans Dwight.

I would love Iggy but Philly would have to throw in the towel on 2010/11. But since Doug Collins is their 7th coach since Larry Brown in 2004, I doubt he is gonna be cool with a wasted season.

First let me say it's good to be around you guys who know their stuff.

As for the Magic, I'm not sure why they are content with the current roster.

Anyone who knows this game could see Vince was slipping before we signed him this year, and as for Rashard Lewis, he has simply become a lazy players since he came over from Seattle.

We all know that all he wants to do now is camp out behind that 3point line, and that's about it.

I personally feel we would have won the Boston series if Brandon Bass had been starting in Lewis place.

Now, what I want to know is why isn't Dwight Howard, or the Magic front office, making contact with LeBron and/or Chris Bosh?

Toronto has already said publicly that they know Bosh is leaving, and that they have pretty much got the ok from him to do a sign and trade deal, meaning they sign him, and then agree to trade him away to another team for other players, which means the Raptors will at least get some talent/players in return instead of just losing Bosh for absolutely nothing.

Why haven't WE even considered doing this with Bosh and putting a bug in LeBron's and/or Cleveland's ear about doing the same thing?

What can it hurt to inquire about it?

Why doesn't Dwight Howard himself contact LeBron and simply say "LeBron, why don't you come to Orlando and hook up with me and win a few rings together."

Package Rashard Lewis, Jameer Nelson, and Vince Carter together, throw the idea at LeBron and Cleveland, and if the Cavs know they are about to lose the King anyhow, they would jump on that in a heartbeat.

The same goes for Bosh.

It wouldn't take much more of a squad around LeBron and Howard to bring home a few championships and Bosh gives us the same but obviously we could probably offer less and Toronto would take it and run.

Wake up Orlando & make something happen!

quote:
Originally posted by Magicapper:

As for the Magic, I'm not sure why they are content with the current roster.

Anyone who knows this game could see Vince was slipping before we signed him this year, and as for Rashard Lewis, he has simply become a lazy players since he came over from Seattle.

We all know that all he wants to do now is camp out behind that 3point line, and that's about it.

I personally feel we would have won the Boston series if Brandon Bass had been starting in Lewis place.

Now, what I want to know is why isn't Dwight Howard, or the Magic front office, making contact with LeBron and/or Chris Bosh?

Toronto has already said publicly that they know Bosh is leaving, and that they have pretty much got the ok from him to do a sign and trade deal, meaning they sign him, and then agree to trade him away to another team for other players, which means the Raptors will at least get some talent/players in return instead of just losing Bosh for absolutely nothing.

Why haven't WE even considered doing this with Bosh and putting a bug in LeBron's and/or Cleveland's ear about doing the same thing?

What can it hurt to inquire about it?

Why doesn't Dwight Howard himself contact LeBron and simply say "LeBron, why don't you come to Orlando and hook up with me and win a few rings together."

Package Rashard Lewis, Jameer Nelson, and Vince Carter together, throw the idea at LeBron and Cleveland, and if the Cavs know they are about to lose the King anyhow, they would jump on that in a heartbeat.

The same goes for Bosh.

It wouldn't take much more of a squad around LeBron and Howard to bring home a few championships and Bosh gives us the same but obviously we could probably offer less and Toronto would take it and run.

Wake up Orlando & make something happen!

Wow, just wow

quote:
Originally posted by M4G1C:

quote:
Originally posted by Magicapper:

the irony of this sentence and the rest of your post is golden.

Thats all I could think of when I read his post too! But my guess is its just someone trying to stir

what about gortat, 29 to minny for 16, 23

we could get henry/george at 16(one of them will fall) and bledsoe/white/maybe even williams at 23. fill in 2 backup spots now, with the potential for them to be the starters down the road. not to mention we shed salary as well