Sign in to follow this  
Jareth Cutestory

The Official "trade for ____ ? Thread"

Gortat, #29 (if needed) to OKC for Nick Collison, Eric Maynor and #21?

We get our backup point and a very serviceable backup C for what we need.

They get a true C that they really need to pair with Ibaka.

Sign and trade:

Gortat, Carter, and JJ

for

D. Wade and M. Beasley

The Magic need to find a way to somehow move Carter. He is not in the equation in my book. The team needs a player who can "take over" a game.

I think Otis will trade for or try to get:

1) CJ Watson

2) Gilbert Arenas

quote:
Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:

The Heat want to trade Beasley to cut his salary. They'll not trade him WITH Wade.

There are a few additional contracts they want to trade with him as well...Cook & James I believe?

quote:
Originally posted by KillingInTheNameOf:

quote:
Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:

The Heat want to trade Beasley to cut his salary. They'll not trade him WITH Wade.

There are a few additional contracts they want to trade with him as well...Cook & James I believe?

yeah. Beasley, Cook, and Jones are really the only contracts they have. Anthony and Chalmers make under a mil each so they dont really count.

I like both Cook and Jones. Jones makes too much money and we really dont have any room on our bench for either of them. If reports out of LA are true (signing JJ to full MLE;i doubt it) I think we could do a lot worse than Cook replacing him.

quote:
Originally posted by steveo613:

what about this 4 team trade of orlando,detroit,new orleans,philidelphia

orlando would trade

carter,nelson,gortat,1st,anderson for

paul,hamilton,posey

detroit would trade

hamilton for okafor

new orleans would trade

paul posey okafor for

carter gortat anderson holiday kapono 1st rd

philidelphia would trade

kapono-holiday for nelson

orlando does this trade to get the best pg in the nba in chris paul plus a starting 2 guard in hamilton.

detroit does this trade since they already have ben gordan for the 2 and badly needs a center.

philidelphia does this trade to get a starting pg in nelson for the expiring contract of kapono and holiday and plus jameer is a big time fan favorite in phili area.

new orleans does this trade to basically rebuild and also to get rid of the big contracts of posey and okafor. with new orleans doing this trade they will be under the cap for the following 2011-2012 season and also would have some new young pieces as collison thorton holiday gortat anderson as well as big expiring contracts of west-peja-peterson-carter (4 mill guarnteed for 11-12)kapono to get them under the cap. the salaries do match under the players salaries for 2010-2011 season.

what do you guys think about this trade

quote:

quote:

what about this 4 team trade of orlando,detroit,new orleans,philidelphia

orlando would trade

carter,nelson,gortat,1st,anderson for

paul,hamilton,posey

detroit would trade

hamilton for okafor

new orleans would trade

paul posey okafor for

carter gortat anderson holiday kapono 1st rd

philidelphia would trade

kapono-holiday for nelson

orlando does this trade to get the best pg in the nba in chris paul plus a starting 2 guard in hamilton.

detroit does this trade since they already have ben gordan for the 2 and badly needs a center.

philidelphia does this trade to get a starting pg in nelson for the expiring contract of kapono and holiday and plus jameer is a big time fan favorite in phili area.

new orleans does this trade to basically rebuild and also to get rid of the big contracts of posey and okafor. with new orleans doing this trade they will be under the cap for the following 2011-2012 season and also would have some new young pieces as collison thorton holiday gortat anderson as well as big expiring contracts of west-peja-peterson-carter (4 mill guarnteed for 11-12)kapono to get them under the cap. the salaries do match under the players salaries for 2010-2011 season.

what do you guys think about this trade

the ol' 4 team 10 player swap. this happens way too often

quote:
Originally posted by MagicDOLPHIN:

Question for the informed people of this board.... is it possible that we could buy out vince or even rashard's contract and get the cap space to sign dwade? if so obviously buying out vince would be easier cause hes only got one more year. Devos wants a championship? Something tells me he could buy out vince and if we could talk Dwade into it Devos would make the money back pretty quickly i imagine tickets would be sold every night.

No

If jj ends up leaving, I think Delonte West would be a great replacement as a backup SG. At this point, he can probably be had for peanuts and I think playing with Jameer will keep his alter ego in check. He D's it up, shoots the 3, and can start if needed.