Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

Hollinger suggests Orl. to help Wiz w/ L.T. situation(Insider)

quote:
Originally posted by rtillaree:

btw

Howard/Haywood would be one of the most dominate C positions in the recent era...talk about post defense...

so yea, bring him here for Gortat straight up - lol...

Yeah so then Haywood can sit on the bench all game, great idea.I say we bring in Butler to be our 3rd string Sf too.

quote:
Originally posted by ThuglifeJ:

I mean ya you could suggest all these trades and think they'll work but honestly Vince Carter should work in our system (I feel eventually will). J Will was thought to be not a big deal (he's exceeding anyones thoughts, one of best TO/AST ratios), Anderson was just a throw in (he's much more now), Bass was talked about being the 5th starter the WHOLE TIME on here until season started (he has the most DNPs out of a good player), JJ was supposed to keep sucking (he's a great player now), Dwight was supposed to explode (opposite so far), Nelson was supposed to return to all star form (not even close), C Lee was supposed to be an all star in NJ (he's doing nothing, not even better than CDR or T Will or w.e), Gortat was supposed to be some second starting Center, we werent gonna use the stretch 4...

you get what I'm saying. You cant just think a trade is going to make things better.

Look at our roster. We have one of the best potentials in the whole league, if not thee best. Things should work out.

You're right you can't just think a trade will make you better, which is the whole reason I knew the VC trade would not make us better and I was right.

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

quote:

For instance, consider this deal: Orlando uses its massive trade exception from the Hedo Turkoglu trade, adding Mike Miller, Dominic McGuire and DeShawn Stevenson (with the exception) from Washington, while sending J.J. Redick to Washington and Mickael Pietrus to Memphis. The trade would shore up the Magic's shooting and also clean up next year's balance sheet a bit.

If Orlando doesn't like that one, several potential variants work. For instance, Wizards center Brendan Haywood could go to the Magic while Redick stays in Orlando ... or the Magic could add Haywood, send Redick and Anthony Johnson to Memphis and hang on to Pietrus ... or the Magic could acquire Butler instead of Miller ... or the Magic could obtain Jamison instead of Miller and send either Brandon Bass or Marcin Gortat (with his consent, which presumably he'd give) back to Washington.

In any case, a three-way deal with Orlando and Memphis is the obvious escape hatch for the Wizards' predicament. But Memphis (or Sacramento) must be involved, since all the avenues above require using nearly all of the Grizzlies' or Kings' $4.2 million in remaining cap space. The best arrangement I come up with has Washington sending Randy Foye and Javaris Crittenton to Memphis and the Grizzlies sending Hamed Haddadi and Steven Hunter to Washington to complete the deal.

At the end, the Wizards will have wiped away $9 million in tax obligations, even before we get into any of the particulars with Arenas.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba...&page=PERDiem-100108

That sounds like an absolutely horrible trade - Miller is on the downside, Stevenson - are you kidding? Pietrus is playing well and has a reasonable contract and JJ has been playing well.

quote:
Originally posted by Drain-O:

quote:
Originally posted by Rob:

Besides Arenas, Butler and Jamison, what other players would anybody want. Butler I hope the Magic trade for and the Cavs would want Jamison. Me personally I would want Jamison over Lewis. But nobody wants the other Wizard players. Maybe Haywood and McGee and Foye but that's it.

Can you elaborate on why you would want Jamison over Rashard Lewis?

Is this a serious question?

quote:
Originally posted by VaBchMagicFan:

Mike Miller and Stevenson for MP and JJ? Haha I thought this was a joke when I saw it. Both those players are better and younger than the 2 we would get. Not to mention MP and JJ are the 2 best perimeter defenders on our team and are both good shooters.

If anyone gets dealt it will be Bass,Gortat, or VC. Dealing JJ or MP doesn't make sense, moving VC is the best option.

Yeah JJ and MP are both very productive, cheap, and should only improve.

quote:
Originally posted by Guardian:

quote:
Originally posted by Drain-O:

quote:
Originally posted by Rob:

Besides Arenas, Butler and Jamison, what other players would anybody want. Butler I hope the Magic trade for and the Cavs would want Jamison. Me personally I would want Jamison over Lewis. But nobody wants the other Wizard players. Maybe Haywood and McGee and Foye but that's it.

Can you elaborate on why you would want Jamison over Rashard Lewis?

Is this a serious question?

There probably isn't a way that Howard and Antawn could share the paint successful. Rashard's superiority defensively, as far as I'm concerned, more than makes up for the rebounding advantage Jamison brings to the table.

Jamison>Rashard

Dwight/Rashard>Dwight/Jamison

We'd face the same problems as Philly did trying to get a Brand/Dalembert frontcourt working

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

Cavs insider scoop...they think eventually they'll get Jamison...color me not convinced based on what Hollinger said here...not sure if it's possible but would you guys trade Rashard for Jamison?

Here the Cavs link...

http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/...avaliers_chance.html

that doesn't make sense. Wiz would trade Jamison for cap relief. Shard's contract is 2x as long as Jamison. they'll never do that.

btw if the Cavs add Jamison and could get Z back.. YIKES