Sign in to follow this  
Niiice/Naaasssty(nick 4 d-howard)

gundy doesn't recognize mismatch problems!

I am just going to state my opinion.

We have no matchup advantages against the c's.

Rondo prevents Jameer from dribble penetration while also being able to defend against his jump shot.

Vince has not been nearly assertive enough against his matchup.

Our only advantage would be pushing the tempo if we continue to play small. flatout we cannot beat the celtics by constantly letting the shotclock get under 10.

if we are to continue playing this style, then Gortat and Bass need to play the 4, flatout KG is a horrible matchup for lewis. in lews defense he has defended Garnett well.

we're giving up to many offensive rebounds. if we are to play big then we need to put lewis on the block and have him post up pierce, and use one of dwight/gortat strictly as a screener and roamer to try and generate 2nd chance points.

if stan does not make any tactical changes, we are done. he cannot be stupid enough to play slow ball, while playing lewis at the 4 and barnes at the 3. it's a losing game.

Stan's gameplan is interesting at least. I don't understand why he didn't put the longer Barnes on Pierce from start. Bass and Anderson should be seeing ticks, yet they're ridding the bench. Stan's done a wonderful job here, but some of his decisions in important games are often head scratching. I would even try a line-up of JJ/Carter/Barnes/Rashard/Dwight. Also, the Twin Towers experiment was producing good results as we took the lead in game 2 with it; we could try this out again.

quote:
Originally posted by Maestro:

Stan's gameplan is interesting at least. I don't understand why he didn't put the longer Barnes on Pierce from start. Bass and Anderson should be seeing ticks, yet they're ridding the bench. Stan's done a wonderful job here, but some of his decisions in important games are often head scratching. I would even try a line-up of JJ/Carter/Barnes/Rashard/Dwight. Also, the Twin Towers experiment was producing good results as we took the lead in game 2 with it; we could try this out again.

barnes had back spasims in game 1 and it think it also effected him in game 2.

i think we were wrong to play him when he wasnt 100% its a good thing we had a break between games 2 and 3.

quote:
Originally posted by ninjapj:

I'm so glad we have the GM and Coach that we do..Thank GOD they don't take direction from anyone on this board..

+1 GM

-1 coach

This match up is showing Van Gundy's floors.

Though I do not agree with the guy that made this thread. His points are just stupid.

*Does not recognise and make changes quick enough. ie. It is not working by having Howard post up, should be doing high pick and roles non-stop.

*Ball movement! He should demand quick ball movement.

*fast break. We are the deepest team in the league, so we have fresh legs. Fast break non-stop.. And if it isnt on then set up.

*Run plays for Lewis. I thought during the season when Lewis only gets his points from Howard being doubled, that this could hurt us against Lakers again. Looks like we may not even get that far.

That is what I think Van Gundy is missing.

If you want to have a go at me, then have a go about one of those points. Not just because you love Van Gundy.

quote:
Originally posted by deadman54:

quote:
Originally posted by Maestro:

barnes had back spasims in game 1 and it think it also effected him in game 2.

i think we were wrong to play him when he wasnt 100% its a good thing we had a break between games 2 and 3.

+1

Especially when you have Pietrus (who has been playing well during the playoffs) and Redick who played well on Allen last year. Barnes should have been rested def. in the first game.

quote:
Originally posted by KandiKane:

quote:

I'm so glad we have the GM and Coach that we do..Thank GOD they don't take direction from anyone on this board..

+1 GM

-1 coach

Though I do not agree with the guy that made this thread. His points are just stupid.

*Does not recognise and make changes quick enough. ie. It is not working by having Howard post up, should be doing high pick and roles non-stop.

*fast break. We are the deepest team in the league, so we have fresh legs. Fast break non-stop.. And if it isnt on then set up.

*Run plays for Lewis. I thought during the season when Lewis only gets his points from Howard being doubled, that this could hurt us against Lakers again. Looks like we may not even get that far.

If you want to have a go at me, then have a go about one of those points. Not just because you love Van Gundy.

Just about everything you listed isn't his fault directly.

quote:
Originally posted by GhostAnime:

quote:
Originally posted by KandiKane:

quote:

+1 GM

-1 coach

Just about everything you listed isn't his fault directly.

Correct, But you can nearly say that about everything. Though it is his role as a coach to get the best out of his players. And is it not the coach who puts plays and stategies in place?

ie. setting up and instructing the team of which plays to run (which Van Gundy does, you can see him yell at Jameer to what play to run) And Howard would be told to stay in the post, or go out and set picks.

Then to Lewis and plays. There is no play (besides out of bound sets) for him in place. That is a major problem.

quote:
Originally posted by ButterMilkPancakes:

worst post of 2010

Sweet...looks like I'm out of the running...for now.

That's because Lewis is just a jumpshooter against KG; he certainly can't post up on him, and he isn't going to run around to shoot off the dribble. That just isn't his game.

quote:
Originally posted by GhostAnime:

That's because Lewis is just a jumpshooter against KG; he certainly can't post up on him, and he isn't going to run around to shoot off the dribble. That just isn't his game.

Van Gundy said in an interview (dont have the reference, but look at the recent ones) that one of Lewis's strengths is to put the ball on the floor and get around opposition players. I have seen him do this in this series against garnett already, but he chooses not to continue to the basket. What I have not seen, is screens set for lewis, on or off the ball. What I would not mind seeing is Howard setting an on ball screen for Lewis at the top of the arc, this would lead to Garnett and Perkins being away from the ring, and Lewis is good enough to attack. What is the worst that could happen?