Sign in to follow this  
Fultz4thewin

Boston just dropped its 3rd in a row. we're 2nd in the east

quote:
Originally posted by Skywise316:

Thug, Rob, that just doesn't make sense. You ALWAYS want to play at home one extra game, not to mention the team with homecourt advantage always plays the three most important games at home. Games 1, 5, and 7. Even if you play great on the road, you'd still always rather be home in front of the supportive fans, not have to deal with travel wear and tear, jet lag, etc.

There's no need to hurt yourself or extend yourself at the end of the regular season over it, but playoff seeding is absolutely important.

While you're obviously right, I've always enjoyed getting to be excited over winning either game 1 or 2. Being almost required to win them takes a lot of enjoyment out of it and replaces it with stress. So I understand fans who would prefer being a lower seed

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

I can only imagine the turmoil on this board if we lost 3 in a row.

Hope we dont, because that would probably eliminate us from playoff contention

quote:

Thug, Rob, that just doesn't make sense. You ALWAYS want to play at home one extra game, not to mention the team with homecourt advantage always plays the three most important games at home. Games 1, 5, and 7. Even if you play great on the road, you'd still always rather be home in front of the supportive fans, not have to deal with travel wear and tear, jet lag, etc.

There's no need to hurt yourself or extend yourself at the end of the regular season over it, but playoff seeding is absolutely important.

Sky, now you know that were a better road team then home team. So it really doesn't matter if we get home advantage or not. Besides getting wins in other teams arenas feel more better anyways. I like to see the fans go quiet when their team is losing. Especially the Cavs and Celtics. Our team is not afraid to go on the road and get wins. Stan just commented on this in the last post conference. Stating that we always get the most road game in a row of all the top teams. So were no stranger to this. Yeah getting #1 seed is ok but honestly who cares cause come playoff time don't think for 1 second that the 8th seeded team isn't going to bring their A game. And just cause we have home advantage means absolutely nothing. The Lakers didn't care where they played us last year, they was just more hungry for a championship and that's how we have to think. Forget thinking about what seed we should be aiming for just make the playoffs should be the number 1 concern. Not saying take the lazy approach and don't finish out games. Just saying if just so happen to get #1 seed then that's good. But if we don't then that's still good as long as were in the playoffs.

quote:
Originally posted by Rob:

quote:

Sky, now you know that were a better road team then home team. So it really doesn't matter if we get home advantage or not. Besides getting wins in other teams arenas feel more better anyways. I like to see the fans go quiet when their team is losing. Especially the Cavs and Celtics. Our team is not afraid to go on the road and get wins. Stan just commented on this in the last post conference. Stating that we always get the most road game in a row of all the top teams. So were no stranger to this. Yeah getting #1 seed is ok but honestly who cares cause come playoff time don't think for 1 second that the 8th seeded team isn't going to bring their A game. And just cause we have home advantage means absolutely nothing. The Lakers didn't care where they played us last year, they was just more hungry for a championship and that's how we have to think. Forget thinking about what seed we should be aiming for just make the playoffs should be the number 1 concern. Not saying take the lazy approach and don't finish out games. Just saying if just so happen to get #1 seed then that's good. But if we don't then that's still good as long as were in the playoffs.

When given a choice, Home Court advantage for the playoffs is always preferred. It does not guarantee a victory as demonstrated by last year's Magic run.

But, there is no doubt in my mind that we have a better chance against a team in the playoffs if we have home court advantage.

VaBch, the point is not how the Celtics lost, I couldn't give two ****s about who is missing from their roster.

The point is, they lost, and that makes things immensely easier on us. Boston losing is ALWAYS a good thing.

quote:
Originally posted by Osprey23:

VaBch, the point is not how the Celtics lost, I couldn't give two ****s about who is missing from their roster.

The point is, they lost, and that makes things immensely easier on us. Boston losing is ALWAYS a good thing.

Preciesly, Same with the Cavs and Hawks, Thats just Magic Fanhood 101

quote:
Originally posted by Osprey23:

No truer statement can be made. At the end of the year, Wins and Loses determine playoff seeding and absolutely no one goes back to check the reason for the losses.

quote:
Originally posted by Popsicle:

quote:
Originally posted by deadman54:

well got to finish work early and come home to boston losing us winning shame atlanta couldnt pull off the treble.

Agreed, but Atlanta got screwed by the Cleveland timekeeper in that game with his terrible shot clock management. Atlanta should have won that game.

Because Atlanta blowing a 17 point 3rd quarter lead had very little to do with them losing the game...

Its fun to see people making moot points such as "the celtics lost 3 in a row, so it's okay if it happens to us".

But if you really wake up and smell the coffee, they have been playing without Pierce and for the most the most part Garnet.

So, since then the Clippers have beaten them, the Warriors have beaten them, the Suns have beaten them. But guess who DID NOT beat them.

Yeah, you guess it right.

Granted, we can't win every game, I realize that. But I'll take the No.1 seed. It's just not to easy taking on Cleveland, Boston and then the Lakers in the playoffs like we did last year. I'd rather see the Cavs and the Celtics battle it out. Atlanta (and or Miami) will give us a good run for our money anyhow.

quote:
Originally posted by Gamakis:

Its fun to see people making moot points such as "the celtics lost 3 in a row, so it's okay if it happens to us".

Yep, definitely a moot point. If we didn't have Howard for those 3 games, I doubt people would be complaining much.