Sign in to follow this  
Ryan the Magic Fan

The Official "WHAT THE HECK ARE YOU PLAYING!!!?" Thread

I feel like I've missed so much in that series. I've only played (and beaten) 1 and 2 on the PS2. I'm wondering when the third installment is coming out for PS3.

Birth by Sleep is IMO the finest of the whole series. Chain of Memories was meh (the PS2 version they released a few years back was much better) and 358/2 Days was not half bad, but neither two really added a whole lot to the series.

BBS however may have been my favorite game ever on the PSP next to Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops. The story was fantastic, the battle system fun, and overall game play very challenging. The graphics looked incredible for a portable game too. And once you beat the game fully it gave a nice little setup for KH3.

Tell Square Enix to stop making games for hand held systems.

The market dictates it. They are a Japanese developer and right now in Japan, portables dominate the market to the tune of well over 50% sales every week when you look combine the DS and PSP's sales. Makes sense when you understand their culture and society, they are a people much more on the go and out of the house then we are. Here in America it is rare to see adults who own a portable system. In Japan it is the opposite. That and Portable games are much cheaper to make and quicker as well. You can produce a quality portable game in a third of the time and a quarter of the budget a big time title like KH3 would require.

That and I wont get too mad at Square for it, seeing as the last several portable games they have made (Birth by Sleep, 358/2 Days, Dissidia: Final Fantasy, Crisis Core FF7, and Final Fantasy 4 remake) have all been pretty damn good games.

I've liked two RPGs in my life: Super Mario RPG and Pokemon Blue. I just dislike them...kind of how TITY hates FPS and sea turtles.

I've liked two RPGs in my life: Super Mario RPG and Pokemon Blue. I just dislike them...kind of how TITY hates FPS and sea turtles.

I don't hate FPS in general, swine. I just dislike the fact that they're all so repetitive nowadays.

Sea turtles, however, are another story.

I don't hate FPS in general, swine. I just dislike the fact that they're all so repetitive nowadays.

Sea turtles, however, are another story.

Your jokes were funny last year. You need new material.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Super Mario RPG may be one of the best games of all time.

Pokemon Red> Pokemon Blue.

Fallout: New Vegas in T-minus 12.5 hours.

I'm so tempted to buy it, in spite of my urges to wait another year for the GOTY edition with all of the inevitable DLC included.

Pokemon Red> Pokemon Blue.

As the resident Pokemon expert, I'm to have to disagree with you on this one. For one, Blastoise is infinitely cooler than Charizard. Also, Blue had Meowth as an exclusive monster, which evolved into Persian, one of the top Pokemon of that generation. Also, pretzels.

• Upvote 1