Sign in to follow this  
Ryan the Magic Fan

The Official "WHAT THE HECK ARE YOU PLAYING!!!?" Thread

If anyone was planning on playing Tales of Vesperia, for the Xbox or the PS3, I'd suggest saving early and often. In fact, go ahead and make it a point that if you see a room with a save point in it, just save the game.

I can't recall ever playing a game that felt so clearly that every boss fight should be preceded by 30 minutes of dialogue based cut scenes featuring children telling fairy tales.

Also: I get that characters in typical RPGs are young to the point that it's silly and ridiculous, but did we really have to have the non-playable characters referring to Yuri(age: 20) as a veteran warrior and to Raven(age: never mentioned, but appears to be around 32) as an old man?

Alien Swarm is FREE on Steam right now. Get it and message me so we can play. It looks awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTtOVa1DZJ8&feature=player_embedded

New trailer/short film/song for Medal of Honor. This new one has people from the Call of Duty series working on it and has had a lot of time put into it with a lot of real military input. They are basing it off an elite military unit in the US called "Tier 1." The live action parts are made by LP's DJ Mr. Hahn, and the song is called The Cataclysm, the single for their new Album Thousand Suns which is due out in September.

The song is growing on me like most of LP's stuff.

The game looks pretty damn good.

But nothing beats that epic beard.

I played through Halo 3's campaign mode last weekend.

I stand by my "meh" assessment of the series. Suicide bomber grunts are nice, since killing them will wipe out everything around them, but the game leaves a lot to be desired.

Gettin down on Halo Reach right now motha suckas!!!!!

Tell me how it is brother B) I don't know if I'm going to buy it now, might wait till the price drops a bit like I do with most games.

Beat Fable 2 over the weekend.

It's a mess of ideas, good and bad, attached to a game that so blatantly pads it's still noticeably short story length that the effect is somewhat jarring.

It's like if Jude Law spraypainted 'God Save the Queen" all over the back of a Walmart on Main St. while wear suspenders and jogging to the tune of "Bell Bottom Blues" by Eric Patrick Clapton.

It's like if Jude Law spraypainted 'God Save the Queen" all over the back of a Walmart on Main St. while wear suspenders and jogging to the tune of "Bell Bottom Blues" by Eric Patrick Clapton.

Not quite that jarring. But close.