Soul Bro

Wishful Thinking Thread

quote:
Originally posted by nttnybuc:

quote:
Originally posted by Magicfan1961:

My trade

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/t...hine?tradeId=yftgmfk

If that's serious, you should be forced to watch every Knicks and Nets game for the rest of the season as punishment

Of course it would never happen, this is fantasy. You would rather have VC than Gasol? Wow. Rondo is 10x the pg that Nelsonis.

Fine. I give. Here's a trade.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/t...hine?tradeId=yl3ov7v

Orlando

Sends: Jameer Nelson, Mickael Peaches, Anthony Johnson, Future 1st

Receives: Steve Nash, James Posey

WHY: Obviously, you get Steve Nash, who would probably be the best PG in the world to be in our system. And getting a defensive vet, with a ring, James Posey.

Phoenix

Sends: Steve Nash, Future 1st

Receives: Chris Paul, Anthony Johnson

WHY: No brainer here. Gets the best PG in the world, who will be an elite PG long after Nash retires, plus, adds $2 million of cap space this summer (Johnson's expiring). They have MANY role players coming off the books and any extra funds will be helpful.

New Orleans

Sends: Chris Paul, James Posey

Receives: Jameer Nelson, Mickael Pietrus, ORL Future 1st, PHO Future 1st

WHY: This is the biggest question mark. We've all heard the reports of how desperate this franchise is getting to save money. Many rumors of lopsided, cap-clearing deals are swirling just to keep the franchise afloat. This saves them $6 million immediately, and who knows how much down the road. Plus, two first round picks.

Is this plausible? Yes. Is it likely, probably not. But it's better than most of the ideas on this thread.

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

quote:
Originally posted by TheRevTy:

quote:

Bravo, sir. Not only did you slay the BYC beast, you also managed to make the trade pretty fair. I would say all teams involved would do this trade, with Orlando cringing as it signs the agreement. Just would hope we could re-sign Boozer.

i dont like boozer, but props for a realistic trade.

Shard is my favorite player in the NBA but no doubt Magic come first. This deal is by far the best one I have seen yet. If only we could find a way to get Haywood from the Wizards without losing much I would be all for it.

Boozer is a true PF that you can run an offense through. His post game is top notch and he is very smart. Unlike Rashard Boozer does not get lost in games. If he is having an off night shooting he is still going to have 12 rebounds and 4 or 5 assists. The Magic need to realize the offense cannot be run through Dwight. Put backs and hand offs, nothing more until he figures it out. This means it would be on Stan to come up with a new scheme.

Trade for

Boris Diaw, N.Mohammed and DJ Augustin

Diaw becomes out play maker and can hit the 3. Mohammed would be the pefect back up to Dwight.

DJ To play behind Nelson

Not sure who we could send (contract wise)

But something like: Gortat, Bass, AJ?

These trades everyone keeps suggesting have too large of a magnitude. This isn't NBA 2k10. I think a small trade that would be perfect is this.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine

We trade Jameer Nelson to the bulls for Kirk Hinrich and Linsay Hunter.

Why? The Magic are clearly better with a distributor in the line-up, and Hunter would bring a leader into the locker room. The Bulls could use another scorer off the bench as their only weapon is Salmons(Pargo isn't getting it done). I say focus on a minor trade to improve the team, not a 20-player deal that gashes what little chemistry we have now.

quote:
Originally posted by Sinister_Grin:

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

quote:
Originally posted by TheRevTy:

quote:

Bravo, sir. Not only did you slay the BYC beast, you also managed to make the trade pretty fair. I would say all teams involved would do this trade, with Orlando cringing as it signs the agreement. Just would hope we could re-sign Boozer.

i dont like boozer, but props for a realistic trade.

Shard is my favorite player in the NBA but no doubt Magic come first. This deal is by far the best one I have seen yet. If only we could find a way to get Haywood from the Wizards without losing much I would be all for it.

Boozer is a true PF that you can run an offense through. His post game is top notch and he is very smart. Unlike Rashard Boozer does not get lost in games. If he is having an off night shooting he is still going to have 12 rebounds and 4 or 5 assists. The Magic need to realize the offense cannot be run through Dwight. Put backs and hand offs, nothing more until he figures it out. This means it would be on Stan to come up with a new scheme.

Not sure Houston would do that. Anyway, the biggest problem with our team is the two guys handling the ball, JM and VC, are playing terrible ball. Not sure if it's a slump or chemistry issue.

quote:

quote:

quote:

My trade

If that's serious, you should be forced to watch every Knicks and Nets game for the rest of the season as punishment

Of course it would never happen, this is fantasy. You would rather have VC than Gasol? Wow. Rondo is 10x the pg that Nelsonis.

Of course I'd rather have Gasol than VC. But thinking that it is even remotely possibe that LA or Boston would make a trade with us is quite dumb

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

My trade

Of course I'd rather have Gasol than VC. But thinking that it is even remotely possibe that LA or Boston would make a trade with us is quite dumb

Of course not, everyone knows that contenders do usually trade with each other. It is a game to have some fun. That is all.

Orlando Trades:

Rashard Lewis, Jameer Nelson, Marcin Gortat

Houston Trades:

Tracy Mcgrady, Shane Battier, Kyle Lowry

Our new lineup:

PG - Williams, Lowry (future starter)

SG - Carter, McGrady, Redick

SF - Battier, Barnes, Pietrus

PF - Anderson, Bass

C - Howard, (TPE)

We solve a ton of problems with one fell swoop. Williams runs PG very well this year, but we get our future PG too. We fortify our defense with Battier. Plus, with Carter; McGrady; Battier and Barnes, we always have a scorer/stopper combination to put on the floor that can guard either SG's (i.e. Kobe's), or SF's (i.e. Lebron's, Pierce's). Not to mention, we get rid of Lewis' contract.