Sign in to follow this  
MagicHistorian

Is it time to go to JJ?

Vince will be Vince he will back getting his game back soon enough he's been shoothing the ball crappy to start off so far. What he needs to understand is when his shot is not working he must I mean must take people to the hole and look for calls and to make easy baskets.

I don't think they are running smart plays for VC to get easy shots I don't see much movement and pick and rolls etc it seems like it's all ISO. He should also always be looking to post players more and go for the easy shot or take in, I just don't understand why he or Stan does not force him to do that so much more, he has one of the best post games for a SG and can shot over anyone. JJ is playing great overall ball this year and I would give him more time but not over VC.

I'm all for JJ getting lots of more playing time. Heck I'm actually for Vince being moved to SF and JJ starting. But Vince as a backup?

Ummm yeah. No. And way. First of all Vince is still the only guy (with maybe the exception of JJ every once in a while) on this team that is taking the ball to the rim. Despite what everyone thinks Vince is taking it to the hole. Now he is NOT getting the foul calls at all like some of the other star perimeter players in this league.

That and Vince is the ONLY person on this team that when the offense is struggling you can just give the ball to and make something happen. Don't believe me? See the first quarter of the Indiana game.

what is the point of having depth and not using it to your advantage as a coach.

Stan has talked about how we havnt played well all year and i have seen some vets looking very disintrested on the floor.

I think start the best possible line up that is preforming and if it means a big name star has to sit well he better pull his finger out and start playing.

just because a player dosent start dosent mean he wont get his minutes it just shows others have stepped up and over taken him.

There is nothing wrong with healthy competition within the team for spots changes shouldnt happen over night you shouldnt have to worry about being dropped for making an error but reviews should be done every game with changes after a couple of games and training sessions.

Slumps happen but benching wakes you up.

I don't think that JJ should be started. I think he should be given more minutes. Plays need to be set and made for him such as the one last night that gave the Magic the momentum heading into the fourth.

Holy crap the basketball knowledge on this board is fairly low. Hypothetically if Vince was to come off the bench and JJ was the starter do you know how much that would hurt JJ's game. First off VC has the rep around the league and defenses key in on him as well as Howard smile_superman.gif do you guys honestly think if the other team would put their best defender on JJ and key in on him like they do against VC he'd be producing half of what he is now. smile_shardhappy.png .....and that's why i'm glad Stan is the coach.I actually like JJ and what he brings to the team. However he could start at two and VC move to the three but that all depends on match ups.

P.S. Vince is going to continue to shoot the ball and i'm sure SVG wants it that way.

quote:
Originally posted by JamCity15:

Holy crap the basketball knowledge on this board is fairly low. Hypothetically if Vince was to come off the bench and JJ was the starter do you know how much that would hurt JJ's game. First off VC has the rep around the league and defenses key in on him as well as Howard smile_superman.gif do you guys honestly think if the other team would put their best defender on JJ and key in on him like they do against VC he'd be producing half of what he is now. smile_shardhappy.png .....and that's why i'm glad Stan is the coach.I actually like JJ and what he brings to the team. However he could start at two and VC move to the three but that all depends on match ups.

P.S. Vince is going to continue to shoot the ball and i'm sure SVG wants it that way.

quoting yourself man that is weak

quote:
Originally posted by deadman54:

quote:

LOL, i wanted to edit my post but accidently hit the quote

quote:

quote:

quote:

LOL, i wanted to edit my post but accidently hit the quote

dont you just hate that thanks for the stat pad oportinuity.

i am a huge jj fan as you all know but i think to change the starters would be a mistake. when nelson starts again with pietrus, jj, barnes, and others on the secound unit this team is very solid. let the game decide who plays more. if vince is having another bad night then let jj play more.

JJ is doing just fine coming off the bench. Vince has to figure out Vince. JJ has always done fine stepping up when somebody was down. If he has to start for some reason, then that's fine too but for now he's doing great with the hand he's been dealt.

quote:

Stan has talked about how we havnt played well all year and i have seen some vets looking very disintrested on the floor.

+1. thank you.

quote:
I think start the best possible line up that is preforming and if it means a big name star has to sit well he better pull his finger out and start playing.

+10 thank you again.

quote:
just because a player dosent start dosent mean he wont get his minutes it just shows others have stepped up and over taken him.

There is nothing wrong with healthy competition within the team for spots.

+100 everybody hearing this guy??? I dont feel like doing the homework...but I know there are MANY allstars that have been benched, for whatever reason, and it worked out very well.

SEE: San Antonio