Sign in to follow this  
SmackDaddy

Is Dwight just another modern day athlete?

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

quote:
Originally posted by Kramer:

This is just stupid. Everybody is having sex. If you think it's immoral to have sex out of wedlock then your opinion on values is skewed and way out of wack.

This is stupid. Everybody is smoking crack and murdering somebody. If you think it's immoral to smoke crack and murder somebody than your opinion on values is skewed and way out of wack.

You just compared crack smoking and murder with having sex with someone before marriage, which is a made-up Christian "value".

quote:
Originally posted by ButterMilkPancakes:

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

quote:
Originally posted by Kramer:

This is just stupid. Everybody is having sex. If you think it's immoral to have sex out of wedlock then your opinion on values is skewed and way out of wack.

This is stupid. Everybody is smoking crack and murdering somebody. If you think it's immoral to smoke crack and murder somebody than your opinion on values is skewed and way out of wack.

You just compared crack smoking and murder with having sex with someone before marriage, which is a made-up Christian "value".

No, he showed the faulty logic in the previous statement. Are your morals tied to what you feel are right and wrong, or are they tied to what "everyone else is doing"? You think smoking crack and murder is wrong, but would you still feel that way if everyone else was doing it? Would you then be considered "out of whack"?

Try reading into the meaning of a post, not just taking everything at face value. Analyze and understand.

Even so, whether or not that logic is flawed if applied to something else, it's still true.

And if you want me to "analyze and understand", what I got from that is that if the majority are doing one thing and you think about the other, your opinion IS skewed and out of wack from the majority, whether or not it's the "right" answer.

quote:
Originally posted by Peter Griffin:

quote:
Originally posted by God hates Magic fans:

honestly...

who gives a rats ***?

dwight is a young, rich single guy who happens to be considered good looking

most of you guys are just jealous of him, not all people who are christian, catholic, etc are perfect and are able strictly by the bible

so you losers judging him, jump off a cliff

^^^This.

Seriously, who are we to even be discussing this topic? No one is perfect, and its insane that we (as a society) would put the burden of "perfection" on people that are in the limelight...I'm not sure if its just jealousy on our part, or what it is...but its hypocritical.

There is a text in the Bible that says:

"He that is without sin, cast the first stone"...I don't think any of us are worthy to even be discussing this.

Exactly. dwight can be a religious person but that doesn't mean he is perfect and can always follow the bible, which btw has some downright barbaric things in it.

does it really matter if he has a 3 way with 2 white girls to you people? more power to him

quote:
Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:

quote:
Originally posted by ButterMilkPancakes:

Even so, whether or not that logic is flawed if applied to something else, it's still true.

I believe you have a fundamental misunderstanding as to how logic works.

Hahaha, I guess I didn't word it like I should have, but I didn't really say the logic was flawed if applied to something else, since that wouldn't exactly be... logical.

Dwight will surely do something wrong eventually. It's just likely. Everyone is human, and everyone makes mistakes sometimes. It won't mean that he's a bad person. The press takes **** too far these days. I'm already sick of hearing about Tiger. He cheated on his wife, big deal. Maybe she's a *****.

Gossip if for f****** and women. I watch sports because they're sports. Not because I care what goes on in one of these athletes personal lives. My kids will not look up to them as role models because parents and close family members are supposed to take that role. The media are a bunch of nerds that are jealous they do not make the money and have the fame the players have so they try to find any dirt they can to bring them down.

It's Dwight's little boy who is the innocent victim here. These lawsuits, the possibility that Dwight is not spending time with him, the fighting between the parents, etc, etc, all will affect him-sooner or later.