Sign in to follow this  
TreyTime

Official Game Thread: Indiana Pacers @ Orlando Magic Monday 12/14/09 7:00PM

Well I guess we'll all have to watch the Magic till the final quarter and see the end result. Isn't that the point of watching a game and knowing who will win? We surely can't tell beforehand anymore.

Sorry about missing the Suns-Magic X-Factors, I was pretty busy all Game Day.

X-Factors:

J.J. Redick, especially with the possibility of him starting if VC sits and rubs his tummy, and Mike Dunleavy for the Pacers. Troy Murphy can't do it all, and without Granger, Dunleavy's probably going to have to get it done in a big way for the Pacers to win.

Boy.. if the Pacers don't have Granger OR Dahntay Jones, that would hurt them pretty bad. Indy has an improving front line though. Troy Murphy was ballin' last week, Tyler Hansbourough's been good since he got over his initial injury, Roy Hibbert's been awesome whenever they actually decide to get him minutes, and Jeff Foster... um.. is good for 6 fouls and can crash the boards?

Anyway, I'm hoping SVG realizes this is more of a Bass night than an Anderson night.. although the Pacers like to run n' gun whenever they can, so I don't think the Magic/SVG will get punished too hard if Anderson plays and Bass doesn't.

How many days until Gortat can be traded so Bass can be Dwight's backup?

Anyway, as long as the Magic take them halfway seriously, then I can't see the Pacers winning this without Granger. Even if VC doesn't play. Yep... they aren't exactly Boston when it comes to playing defense.

Indiana 88

Orlando 97

(without Vince)

Indiana 91

Orlando 104

(with Vince)

P.S. Now if the Magic play a second half like they did against the Jazz again, I shouldn't be held responsible for my prediction.

P.S.S. Take some rolaids and get out there, Vinsanity. Let's go.

As a Duke fan this should be an awesome game. JJ starting b/c a Tar Heel is hurt and I get to see both Jones and Dunleavy for the Pacers. Now just need Dwight to dunk on Handsboro

quote:
Originally posted by lavell12:

As a Duke fan this should be an awesome game. JJ starting b/c a Tar Heel is hurt and I get to see both Jones and Dunleavy for the Pacers. Now just need Dwight to dunk on Handsboro

Can you explain this a little further? I'm not from the US so I know a little about whats going on in the college series, I have seen in some youtube videos that JJ played for Duke, but whats th erelation with Tar Heel, Jones, Dunleavy and Handsboro, did they all play for Duke?

quote:
Originally posted by Magics Fan from Syria:

quote:
Originally posted by lavell12:

Can you explain this a little further? I'm not from the US so I know a little about whats going on in the college series, I have seen in some youtube videos that JJ played for Duke, but whats th erelation with Tar Heel, Jones, Dunleavy and Handsboro, did they all play for Duke?

JJ, Dunleavy, and Jones all played for Duke. Hansboro played for North Carolina which is a big rival of Duke. JJ held the ACC all time scoring title and then Hansboro became the all time ACC scorer after JJ graduated.