Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

J. Will running out of gas; We need Jameer back(link)

When there are people saying jwill is better than nelson, other guys would say the sample is too small and all the statistics mean nothing.

But now, for a much shorter period and much less games, people are now saying jwill is running out of gas and want nelson back. Interesting!!

Anyway, i dont mean to compare these 2 players. I'm happy to have them playing in this team. As long as they are trying to help this team out and as long as they are wearing the magic uniform, i'm going to support them. Please stop all these meaningless statements.

By the way, i dont really like some of the polls, designed to get what's desired.

quote:
Originally posted by VCdaCarter:

quote:
Originally posted by deadman54:

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by ThisIsTheYear:

quote:

Player fans (You) are annoying. Your sig actually implies that VC calls for defense and that Dwight and Rashard couldn't care less?

Newsflash: Dwight and Rashard are both better defenders than Carter.

I wish I were looking too deep into this, but based on your posts thus far, you have nothing to offer to this forum beyond your Vince love.

Funny how a little picture can pi$$ someone off.

It looks as though you have too much to offer this forum (6299 posts), you ever heard of females, boy? GET ONE!

potmeetkettle.jpg

thats rich it was 1:30am sat night/sun morning when you said this talk about needing a life.

and before you tell me to get one it 5pm sunday afternoon where i am

I made a post early sunday morning, still that doesn't change the fact that you're here all FUKKING DAY!

Lol ur sig is Classic.

quote:
Originally posted by CubanMagic89:

I don't think Jameer would do that much better against D Will or Nash.

Jameer would've made them work on the defensive end, and that how you beat Nash. You got to make him work on the defensive end, and J-Will didn't do that.

quote:
Originally posted by LinkZ2009:

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by deadman54:

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by ThisIsTheYear:

quote:

Player fans (You) are annoying. Your sig actually implies that VC calls for defense and that Dwight and Rashard couldn't care less?

Newsflash: Dwight and Rashard are both better defenders than Carter.

I wish I were looking too deep into this, but based on your posts thus far, you have nothing to offer to this forum beyond your Vince love.

Funny how a little picture can pi$$ someone off.

It looks as though you have too much to offer this forum (6299 posts), you ever heard of females, boy? GET ONE!

potmeetkettle.jpg

thats rich it was 1:30am sat night/sun morning when you said this talk about needing a life.

and before you tell me to get one it 5pm sunday afternoon where i am

I made a post early sunday morning, still that doesn't change the fact that you're here all FUKKING DAY!

Lol ur sig is Classic.

yea i do agree it is a great sig he has to be given credit for that.

quote:
Originally posted by Kramer:

quote:
Originally posted by pistolwastheman:

JWill is younger than Steve Nash. The mistake VG made was that in order to neutralize Nash he should have run plays for JWill where Nash had to run into hard picks all night like Jason had to. VG gave both Deron and Nash free rides to just play offense because the ball was out of Williams hands as soon as he came across half court when and he "handed off" to VC. Jason has played some of his best games offensively in his career against Nash because Nash can't stop him any more than Williams can stop Nash 1 on 1. By not allowing JWill to force Nash to play tough D we kept him fresh all night.

Let me understand this clearly. There can't be a doubt in anyone's mind that J-Will has played poorly because of fatigue. So to counter his fatigue, you want him more involved offensively under the pretenses that he will wear down faster than D-Will and Nash? That is about the dumbest and most counterproductive plan I've ever heard of. Sacrifice offense to increase fatigue and sacrifice defense. Worst possible plan of action.

Well, then obviously you are not too bright, nor have you played or coached at any high level of basketball. You have completely distorted what I said, and put your grammar school aptitude spin on it for an agenda not clear to me.

If I were able to speak to you I could say it slower so you might understand. Try reading it slower and maybe that would work for you.

If you don't think that running into picks and trying to fight through them on defense all night long takes a lot out of your energy and capacity to play major minutes at a high rate of efficiency I can't help you. You've just never played. That is why Phoenix played zone defense initially, to save Nash. Duh. He's 35. When the ball was out of the hands of our point guard (who Nash was assigned to defensively), as per VG's offensive sets, it gave Nash a free ride and they resumed man to man defense, with Nash free to take it easy as our point guard was basically out of the sets. That is the coaches call, bud, for whatever reason. It is still a fact that Williams had zero plays called for him where he could run Nash around like he himself had to on defense. If you think Williams doesn't have handles as good as Nash, or play passing capabilities you're wrong. That is why he is in the NBA. Nash is an incredibly better shot than Williams and his team allows him dominate the ball. That's it. Working the oppositions best offensive player hard on defense is just as important of a strategy than trying to put a hand in his face all night. That is why Jameer was successful the last time. Nash had to play defense.

There is no 1 on 1 defense against a great offensive player. You have to play team defense and wear him down when he has to play defense. Have you ever run into a 6-11 240lb center or power forward pick? It ain't fun or an energy booster either.

quote:
November 29, 2009 12:16AM

First off in Jameer's absence Jason Williams is averaging just over 31 minutes. Along with Anthony Johnson averaging just under 15 minutes per game. They're both playing well and I had no question they would,..and there's NO need what so ever for neither Allen Iverson nor Antonio Daniels to be signed.

But at this point it comes down to durability and with it being so early in the season. No matter how well Williams is playing with Jameer already out . You can't continue to gamble with your 34 year old prime backup PG logging 39 minutes and risk facing have him join Nelson in street clothes,..I'd curb his minutes down to around 20 or 25.

So where Anthony Johnson should continue to get spot and situational minutes. Yet with him being 35 himself isn't really a problem. Where he's still a very functional PG, limiting his minutes, would be a combo manner of preservation and maintaining his familiarization with the new team mates,..I'd cut his minutes down to around 10.

Because Matt Barnes can and should get relief minutes at point forward out of the PG position. Which it's not just a very possible and logical option. But with Vince's ball skills there's no shortage of to break or attack traps and with their size and dual ability to post up and back smaller guards down opponents wouldn't dare give them the ISO,..Barnes is only averaging just above 12 minutes at various positions and I'd bump that up to around 20.

http://orlandomagiczone.com/ev...91029871/m/577107806

quote:
Originally posted by robotmaster:

quote:

Jameer is an outstanding scorer...and younger than J. Will...

And more black too, you forgot that.

Incredible,..ROTFFLMAO !!!

You're unquestionably a misfit loser no matter what gender, age, race, aspect of life or sport being used to assess or identify you as an individual mistake,..see how that works.

loser.jpg

quote:
Originally posted by pistolwastheman:

JWill is younger than Steve Nash. The mistake VG made was that in order to neutralize Nash he should have run plays for JWill where Nash had to run into hard picks all night like Jason had to. VG gave both Deron and Nash free rides to just play offense because the ball was out of Williams hands as soon as he came across half court when and he "handed off" to VC. Jason has played some of his best games offensively in his career against Nash because Nash can't stop him any more than Williams can stop Nash 1 on 1. By not allowing JWill to force Nash to play tough D we kept him fresh all night.

That's very, very true,..

In motion set's all Stan scripts are shooting out of seams and creases that movement and spacing from range shooters create.

But it'd help a lot if he showed he knew something about pop picks and peel screens to more curl off V cuts than roll lane just to be a body on the upper blocks to look for loose balls off the possible miss.

As a guard or playing of the SF post as a defender. The hardest opponent to defend isn't the biggest or most athletic player. But the ones you have to fight through those scripted path picks and screens team mates set for them just to try to keep up with the player,..and yes it'd buy time for and create more pass and shot opportunities for minutes specific PG's like Williams and Johnson.

But again we're talking about Stan here so the best you can hope for is him to at least focus on sensible minutes at the very least,..but he's doing neither.