Sign in to follow this  
Cisco

Who will be our new head coach???

quote:
Originally posted by Soul Bro:

This is a very funny thread. I've heard it is going to be Will Purdue.

If that is the case then Jeff Turner must have turned them down, he does have more experience then Purdue.....LOL

quote:
Originally posted by Soul Bro:

My guess is Donovan or Carlisle.

The likelyhood of landing Donovan is low, very low in my estimation. I would welcome all of the youth, to include the coach, but its not likely. Carlisle, sure even one of the Van Gundy's, but we need to talk to Ivroini, just to see what he brings to the table.....but we must move quick!

For all of you Phoenix haters (their style of play), they are a "Dwight Howard" away from winning the championship. If they had D12's strength and toughness down low, they would be unstoppable. Why do I say all of this ....

We have D12 (and others) and Marc Iavaroni is available. Now if only we had Nash [smile]. Oh wait, we have MEER [smile]!!! C12, Iavaroni is a very interesting option.

It's too bad we let Adelman sign as that was my first choice. I'd love to get Billy but would be so scared of what might happen if we keep losing. I do know that Larry Brown would definitely take this team to the next level. My only complaint with him is his handling of Darko and Ariza. Maybe they can kiss and make up? Other than him anyone else would just be a gamble.

Billy Donovan being at the top of the list merely states that he has the most name recognition. While not all gator fans are magic fans, and not all florida residents are basketball fans, most do at least take in some news, and a guy who wins two straight national championships will have his name come up in the news from time to time.

The fact that Carlisle was blamed for what happened in Indiana the last few years should lay to rest any argument about not blaming Brian Hill. Carlisle had nearly every weapon his team had traded away for next to nothing, and had his best player hurt for much of the last two seasons.

As for the argument that he's a micromanager, no offense coach like Hill, well that's only partially true. Carlisle does micromanage, which is why he's lost jobs in the past, but to say he's inept on offense is the opposite of the truth. His first job was as an offensive coordinator for the Pacers team that went to East Finals and the Finals the following year, based primarily around his teams offense.

As for Larry Brown, he'll make you an instant contender if you already have developed talent. He can't develop talent at all, and it's why young players hate playing for him. We get him, and he'd likely ruin the team.

For the task at hand, I think it's going to come down to Carlisle, the Van Gundys, and Larry Brown. I'd order them:

1. Carlisle

2. JVG

3. SVG

4. Larry Brown

larry brown is a cancer. if he comes you might as well trade darko, trevor, and jj. he will make brian hill look like santa . jacklj

Realistic prospects based on Otis demanding a change of offense to more of an uptempo one are;

Rick Adelman (already taken by Houston)

Mark Iavoroni (still available)

Billy the Kid (for some reason I have a feeling we are setting up his swiss bank account as I type)

People that are saying Larry Brown will be our next coach is smoking crack from Paramore and that goes for Rick C, Jeff and Stan Gundy. They just don't fit what Otis is looking for...