Sign in to follow this  
chosen12

Brian Hill Officially Removed As Head Coach

quotes from MC

quote:
I chose to stay quiet for a reason and I need to leave it at that. For those of you who email me, I choose to divulge information to to just a select few, Wes who started FireBrianHill.org and a few others. Prior to last week I informed those few that Hill would be on or before the 25th. I was told that the Magic wanted the City vote to take place first and then planned on a news conference on Friday. My guess is after Denton wrote an article saying Hill thought he was going to remain as coach, the firing was sped up so not to keep the wrong message out there longer than need be.

I was going to try and give Wes an exclusive for his site, but the exact date was kept close to the vest and other than saying a date I was told it would happen on or before, there was not much to report. I believe FirebrianHill.org played a strong part in getting management to hear the voice of the fan, the true 6th man of the team. Fans should thank Wes for his time it took to make the site and start the grass roots effort. It should be looked at as an example of how strong the collective voice of Magic fans can be.

Wes and I have been discussing his web site for a while now. Wes has now bought a few names for the soon to be remade and renamed FireBrianHill.org website. It will be called The Sixth Man. I have decided to help with the project and more than likely curb my efforts here. Anyone that wants to be involved list their email addresses here so someone can get intouch with you. It is time now to get behind the new coach and new arena. There is no time to waste, the county vote takes place in July. Lets make our collective efforts as fans a positive one and show your local media that a site directed at firing a coach brought about a more positive message in the end.

http://forums.delphiforums.com/MagicConfid/messages/?msg=730.1

WOOOOOOOOOOAAHAAAAAAAAAAHOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!

That was a very delayed reaction, because I couldn't access this site for a couple of days.

Thanks Fendi.....I was wondering when he was going to surface!!! Also, do you think management (Otis & BVW) are hearing (our) the choices for Hills replacement??

I promised myself I wasn't going to get emotional *choked up sobbing*. We were a good team, you and me. You wrote the plays, I provided a flat yet firm surface for you to write them on. Memories.... do you remember when you threw Phil the stuntboard across the lockeroom? That was great, do you remember when we drew up Hedo passing to Dwight for the dunk over Tim Duncan? I loved it when you used to beat Tom Sterner in tic-tac-toe, you were the best!

If we get that office job, do you promise that you will still use me and not the desk? He doesn't care about you like I do.

quote:
Originally posted by chosen12:

Thanks Fendi.....I was wondering when he was going to surface!!! Also, do you think management (Otis & BVW) are hearing (our) the choices for Hills replacement??

I will have to say yes, not sure who you asking this question though. I'm pretty sure whose name has been circulating in the media will also be something Otis is looking at. I'm pretty sure there are other unknown candidates but probably majority is whom we've been hearing already.

quote:
Originally posted by FENDI:

quote:
Originally posted by chosen12:

I will have to say yes, not sure who you asking this question though. I'm pretty sure whose name has been circulating in the media will also be something Otis is looking at. I'm pretty sure there are other unknown candidates but probably majority is whom we've been hearing already.

The question was directed to you....good answer!! Secondly, do you by MC's response of e-mailing selected individuals with the inside info?? I struggle with that somewhat, we have Mods that have an established and respected relationship with these board members, one e-mail to them would have gven him a better position, IMO!!!!!