quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

quote:
Originally posted by VaBchMagicFan:

quote:
Originally posted by ButterMilkPancakes:

quote:
Originally posted by murphy13:

What some people including the OP dont realize is that this is a different team than vince has ever been on. He should not be expected to contribute in the same ways he did in the past. In order for him to be truly successful, he will have to understand how to adjust to his role. And his role is NOT putting up a ton of shots every game. Sure, there will be random days where we need him to step up...but it shouldnt be a regular occurence. We do not want this team to become centered around Vince, period.

Our team is at its best when the ball is being passed around, namely in the inside-out fashion. Like it or not, Vince has been a ball stopper for us. 9-24 nights are not our style...think about how many of those 15 bricks he put up would have been makes if he had just made the extra pass...Its the difference between a close win and a comfortable win(Boston game is perfect example).

BUT THAT IS HIS EXACT ROLE. Have you not been listening to what he has said and what SVG has said he wants him to be? He got yelled at for passing the ball. SVG has made it clear that Carter's role is to be putting up tons of shots every game.

No that is not his role, to take tons of bad jumpshots is not his role. His role is to create for himself and other, get to the basket, and defend larger 2 guards. He has done none of those things well.

highlight tapes of every game says otherwise.

he may take some bad jumpers but so does everyone on our team (dwight takes bad hooks) and every player in the nba. He's gotten to the basket some. He creates for himself well (see 4th quarter vs boston).

There have been numerous quotes by SVG telling vince to shoot more, to take over late in games, and to just be himself.

so you're wrong in all counts.

Highlight tapes of what?Oh you mean him sitting at home in May or in the stands watching games. Half the shots he takes are bad shots and he rarely goes to the rim. Dwight is struggling, Nelson looked bad and Shard is not getting enough shots. SVG is part of the problem, he has Bass on the bench, his Superstar mad and getting 8 shots a game. VC takes more bad shots than Hedo could dream of, Hedo got other people involved and would never think of shooting 29 shots. I love how people would bash Hedo for jacking up shots, but meanwhile support VC taking more shots and going to the basket less. Its unbelievable to say the least.He realized the most important thing was getting Dwight involved. Do you think that Dwight not playing as well or working as hard defensively has nothing to do with him not being happy on the offensive end? The guy is constantly upset on the floor when he doesn't even get a look from VC to pass the ball.

Hedo shot jumpshots 73% of the time last year, compared to 80% from VC. Now don't say that VC is getting accustomed to the team because VC still shot a higher % of jumpshots last year. Hedo made everyone better, including the most important person, you know this guy named Dwight Howard on this team. Hedo also averaged more assists a game and shot the same FG% in a bad year for him. This year he has a higher FG% than VC. Its a double standard and if you hated Turk you should hate VC for the same reasons and its even worse.

quote:
Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:

No, I was talking about the '01 Raptors. Way to know your history.

And you've still yet to respond to my earlier point, so I'll ask it again, and nicely:

If Carter took more teams to the playoffs in their first 10 seasons than Pierce did(that would be, pre-KG and Ray Allen for Pierce), wouldn't that mean, logically now, that Carter accomplished more than Pierce did because he led a team to the playoffs more often? Wouldn't that mean that Pierce sucks just like Carter does?

He won't respond to you. When presented with an argument, he'll simply skip on to another thread to reiterate his point (or lack thereof).

T REX is a troll, and terrible one at that. He'll keep transitioning from thread to thread until there are no more to latch onto.

quote:
Originally posted by T REX:

Maybe we should bring up when he quit his team because he was a crybaby.

Any spin doctoring for that incident?????

Here excuses....here excuses....

check your pm's

The moral of this thread.

Great Bigs >>>> Great Wings

The only wing to get a ring without a big in the last 30 years is MJ. So thank god we have D12. Who cares what star wing we have. Any of them can help us get a ring as long as we have D12. Honestly, thats all this thread has proven. That and the Magic fans Vs VC fans is going to be worse than the Arroyo fans and JJ fans combined.

I guess 50 points and 9 3s in a row is no big in a playoff game.

btw VaBach, it's not a big deal that Hedo embarassed himself yesterday and everyone understand how much of an upgrade VC is, knowing how big of a Hedo fanboy you are. It's not a big deal Hedo will have a good game eventually.

And I think it's pretty dumb to say "Kobe wont continue to shoot so poorly, (18% from 3)." but then continue to come on here and say VC WILL continue to shoot bad %s (even tho he's averaging above 40% from 3 and fg.

If we swapped Carter for Bryant, all of you that think Carter shoots too much would lose your minds. Bryant get shots. He takes way more shots than Carter and nobody is complaining on the Lakers forum. I think Bryant is actually averaging 23 shots per game. Carter is our go to guy and he's going to take a lot shots. Just get used to it.

quote:
Highlight tapes of what?Oh you mean him sitting at home in May or in the stands watching games. Half the shots he takes are bad shots and he rarely goes to the rim.

facepalm-1.jpg

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I thought Pierce went to the playoffs, or have you forgotten the Antoine Walker years? Look at the roster Pierce had on some of those bad teams, Kobe would have had no more success. VC has had talent around, all though not championship caliber, plenty to make the playoffs almost every year he has been in the league.

Vince Carter took a team to the conference semifinals that featured Antonio Davis and Mark Jackson's decaying corpse as its second and third best player respectively, with Davis being the only other player on the team besides Carter to average double digits in ANY stats(he averaged 12/10, I think).

12/10, and that's your team's second best player.

Imagine if you gave Lebron a team where his second and third options were Nenad Krstic and Jamaal Tinsley. Carter dragged a team about that good to 1 game from the conference finals.

All this translates into....couldn't get them out of the second round.

Are you talking about the year the Nets won the Atlantic then bombed out in the playoffs????

And you've still yet to respond to my earlier point, so I'll ask it again, and nicely:

If Carter took more teams to the playoffs in their first 10 seasons than Pierce did(that would be, pre-KG and Ray Allen for Pierce), wouldn't that mean, logically now, that Carter accomplished more than Pierce did because he led a team to the playoffs more often? Wouldn't that mean that Pierce sucks just like Carter does?

First off, who cares about Pierce??? You are doing one those if X did this then how come Y didn't so that means X is better than Y. A very poor argument and irrelevant. What does PP have to do with Carter???? The Celtics brought together a trio of HOF'ers and they played well that season. How does this fit with Carter and the Magic???? You're really stretching it dude.

Actually, Carter had ONLY ONE more playoff appearance in the same amount of time. That's your argument??? Wow, you got me. Listen, this is old and boring. We agree to disagree.

Oh and....they have rings, we don't. Ask Lebron and the Cavs what the number one seed means??? Zilch. The playoffs is what matters. I don't care if we are 1 or 4....as long as we have team chemistry. We had that last year. Do you honestly feel like there's chemistry on our team right now????

umm and your arguments are relevant? Really?

And stop making yourself look worse...and worse...and worse, and flat out dumb.

Paul Pierce was brought up, if you knew how to read, because you keep constantly posting "VC never got out of the second round, therefore he sucks, not a winner, I miss him in Toronto...I mean hate Vince, he's selfish...oops"

When Paul Pierce has had an even lower success than Vince without a good team surrounding him, and Pierce does not suck, Pierce does win. You said VC has no rings, he sucks. John stockton, Kidd, Malone, Bron, Nash, ....the list goes on say hi.

get a life dude. Bashing VC shouldn't be the constant focus of your day.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I thought Pierce went to the playoffs, or have you forgotten the Antoine Walker years? Look at the roster Pierce had on some of those bad teams, Kobe would have had no more success. VC has had talent around, all though not championship caliber, plenty to make the playoffs almost every year he has been in the league.

Vince Carter took a team to the conference semifinals that featured Antonio Davis and Mark Jackson's decaying corpse as its second and third best player respectively, with Davis being the only other player on the team besides Carter to average double digits in ANY stats(he averaged 12/10, I think).

12/10, and that's your team's second best player.

Imagine if you gave Lebron a team where his second and third options were Nenad Krstic and Jamaal Tinsley. Carter dragged a team about that good to 1 game from the conference finals.

All this translates into....couldn't get them out of the second round.

Are you talking about the year the Nets won the Atlantic then bombed out in the playoffs????

First off, who cares about Pierce??? You are doing one those if X did this then how come Y didn't so that means X is better than Y. A very poor argument and irrelevant. What does PP have to do with Carter???? The Celtics brought together a trio of HOF'ers and they played well that season. How does this fit with Carter and the Magic???? You're really stretching it dude.

Actually, Carter had ONLY ONE more playoff appearance in the same amount of time. That's your argument??? Wow, you got me. Listen, this is old and boring. We agree to disagree.

Oh and....they have rings, we don't. Ask Lebron and the Cavs what the number one seed means??? Zilch. The playoffs is what matters. I don't care if we are 1 or 4....as long as we have team chemistry. We had that last year. Do you honestly feel like there's chemistry on our team right now????

down.jpg

quote:
Originally posted by T REX: Oh my God we are the suck!!! We're 0-13!!! Can we PLEASE trade Jameer and Carter for a bag of Cool Ranch Doritos and a Diet Coke??? Otiz is so stupid in keeping Jameer and trading away our All-World SF Turk!!!! Magic <<<<<< Everyone in the NBA!!!

Dude, you're confusing us with the Nets. We're 11-3. On top of the NBA. We've had like 8 different starting lineups in that span. We've had players injured. Suspended. Not in-sync. Barely enough to even practice 5-on-5. I mean, we probably didn't even have that.

So VC took a lot of shots. Big whoop. We win. At sundown, that's all that matters. The Big Double-You. Maybe you should go be a fan of another team. We're playing winning basketball, and that's the most important thing. Most importantly, we're playing good DEFENSE. That is what wins games. I don't care if VC shoots 100FGA/GM, with his percentages, that translates to points.

His shooting WILL get better. Please don't forget he was injured. Twice. He'll be posterizing fools before long, you'll see.

quote:
Originally posted by ThuglifeJ:

I guess 50 points and 9 3s in a row is no big in a playoff game.

btw VaBach, it's not a big deal that Hedo embarassed himself yesterday and everyone understand how much of an upgrade VC is, knowing how big of a Hedo fanboy you are. It's not a big deal Hedo will have a good game eventually.

And I think it's pretty dumb to say "Kobe wont continue to shoot so poorly, (18% from 3)." but then continue to come on here and say VC WILL continue to shoot bad %s (even tho he's averaging above 40% from 3 and fg.

Dude VC played like ****, and I'm not a Hedo fan. I just think this team was better when he was on it(it was). Hedo played pretty well the first time he played us and VC is not shooting over 40% from 3. He is shooting like 38% which is what he shot last year also. His FG% is at 41% which is average and what Hedo shot last year when he was bashed constantly. No one still has come up with a legitimate argument to the facts I brought up, big surprise.