Sign in to follow this  
ManuGinobili

The Official World Cup 2010 thread

quote:
Originally posted by Nawz:

Columbiano. In your sig is that the play where Kaka got a red card? or did he get two yellow cards? Is he playing tomorrow?

He earned the 2nd yellow card on that game and therefore got a red card. Unfortunately, Kaka will not be able to play tomorrow.

aww man. I think we can still handle them without Kaka. It should be a good game.

Did you see that movie about the Columbian team on ESPN.. Escobar and Escobar something like that.

You should have made it to that tournament in Viera too, it turned out really well.

quote:

aww man. I think we can still handle them without Kaka. It should be a good game.

Did you see that movie about the Columbian team on ESPN.. Escobar and Escobar something like that.

You should have made it to that tournament in Viera too, it turned out really well.

It seems like everyone watched it and it was pretty awesome. I have it set to record on Saturday night at 10pm on ESPN Classics.

Every time I see an own goal I think about Andres Escobar. Although the video says that the own goal has nothing to do with his death....they are a couple of versions of his death. Too sad because that 2004 Colombian team was awesome, but the mafia got their hands involved.

About the Viera game, thanks for the invite, but it's pretty far from my house. If you guys ever come to Orlando or Lake Mary area let me know.

quote:
Originally posted by crisby pancakes:

Back on topic, shocked that the defending champs have gone out 1st round and have to say this world cup is turning into world war 2 - the French have disappeared early. The Americans showed up last minute and the English are fighting the Germans icon_wink.gif

quote:
Originally posted by Ramsde68:

You forgot to mention the Italians showing they weren't really serious contenders and getting taken out early as well, and the Japanese being stuborn and lasting longer then anyone thought they would.

as my first return visit here in a few months I shall start by commending the above analogies. great take on the WC so far!

quote:
Originally posted by COLOMBIANO:

quote:

It seems like everyone watched it and it was pretty awesome. I have it set to record on Saturday night at 10pm on ESPN Classics.

Every time I see an own goal I think about Andres Escobar. Although the video says that the own goal has nothing to do with his death....they are a couple of versions of his death. Too sad because that 2004 Colombian team was awesome, but the mafia got their hands involved.

About the Viera game, thanks for the invite, but it's pretty far from my house. If you guys ever come to Orlando or Lake Mary area let me know.

If you guys are rollin a game in Lake Mary let me know I would love to jump in.

quote:
Originally posted by COLOMBIANO:

Italy has shown that not only they are old, but they don't have a good young group that will represent their national team in the next world cup. Some how (and I can't explain why) they are lacking young quality players.

We got some young good players(for example Balotelli,he is going to be a phenomenal player)the problem is that Lippi didn't consider them preferring players like Gattuso,Cannavaro,Zambrotta and ex-players like them.

quote:
Originally posted by ManuGinobili:

quote:
It's one thing if USA gets screwed, some countries might even consider it divine justice because we dominate every other sport.

HAHHAHAHAHHA

Usa doesnt even dominate basketball.

Because we missed out on the gold medal ONCE we don't dominate basketball?

quote:
Originally posted by crisby pancakes:

quote:
Originally posted by ButterMilkPancakes:

quote:
Originally posted by Stinger24:

quote:

quote:
It's one thing if USA gets screwed, some countries might even consider it divine justice because we dominate every other sport.

HAHHAHAHAHHA

????

The US have about as many gold/silver medals in FIBA as Yugoslavia and Soviet Union, the only thing they "dominate" in are bronze medals where they have 4 and the rest of the countries have 2 or less.

The US is also #2 in the current world rankings. Granted it's very debatable, debatable isn't dominant.

Really puzzled as to how Trey has come to the conclusion that USA dominate any sport? Obviously he doesn't watch much worldwide sport then.

You mean like the Olympics where we walk out with the most medals and the most golds on top of that almost every time?

2008: Most medals, second most gold.

2004: Most medals, most gold.

2000: Most medals, most gold.

1996: Most medals, most gold.

1992: Second most medals*, second most gold.*

* They had to combine multiple countries to beat our medal count.

Is 18 years of dominance enough for you?

quote:
Originally posted by ButterMilkPancakes:

quote:
Originally posted by Stinger24:

quote:

quote:

HAHHAHAHAHHA

????

The US have about as many gold/silver medals in FIBA as Yugoslavia and Soviet Union, the only thing they "dominate" in are bronze medals where they have 4 and the rest of the countries have 2 or less.

The US is also #2 in the current world rankings. Granted it's very debatable, debatable isn't dominant.

We don't care about FIBA, simple as that. We care about OLYMPIC gold, you know, that one we get almost every single time?

Here's the thing about other countries, Argentina is great because they have Manu, and...Manu, and...Manu. Spain is great because the have the Gasol brothers, but then their next best players are Rudy Fernandez and Jose Calderon. All the other countries only have a few NBA players, EVERYONE on USA is not only an NBA player, but a star NBA player.

Can we keep Basketball off the only one World Cup thread and back to the other 1,478 basketball related threads?

Any way, I'm nervous about Spain but I say Villa scores again and we go through 1 - 0.

quote:

You mean like the Olympics where we walk out with the most medals and the most golds on top of that almost every time?

2008: Most medals, second most gold.

2004: Most medals, most gold.

2000: Most medals, most gold.

1996: Most medals, most gold.

1992: Second most medals*, second most gold.*

* They had to combine multiple countries to beat our medal count.

Is 18 years of dominance enough for you?

You quite clearly stated that the USA dominate every other sport besides football. Shall I go back and quote it?

Even your example is ludicrous you talk about finishing 2nd at the Olympics, how is that dominating!! Hell, half the events at the Olympics aren't even sports hence why it's called the Olympic games!! Dominating is when you finish first AND absolutely thrash everyone while doing it.

You stated that USA dominate every other sport. They don't and that's a fact. Shall I start naming sports off the top of my head because I bet if I do USA have not dominated a single one.

Also, the fact that 'you don't care' about FIBA is a joke in itself, maybe 'I shouldn't care about the Olympics' and just wipe that out as an example then.

If you think Argentina only has Manu and Spain only has the Gasols then you quite clearly no nothing about basketball outside of the NBA and my next point is what does the players playing in the NBA have to do with anything? There are a huge pool of brilliant players that play in countries all over the world that don't join the NBA because 1) they don't want to move to a foreign country and 2)some players don't move because they can earn a lot more in other countries.

If you want to carry on arguing then pm me but don't keep spamming this thread. This thread is football related and I've enjoyed the fact that it has stayed on topic up to this page.