Sign in to follow this  
Knappy

Jameer needs to step it up and knock off rust - or Knappy ranting.

Knappy hasn't been pleased with Jameer's play at all. It is not unusual for him to disappear when a new superstar joins the team. Jameer is a scorer, he needs to think about scoring first and assists second. How many times does Knappy have to say this - when Jameer becomes passive and tries to dish off rather than take over he is not effective and the Magic suffer.

I thought Ryan Anderson was going to be a nice replacement for Hedo until he made about 10% of his threes in Detroit - that was bad.

I agree with everyone that the defense has been horrible. I like Barnes, but he has to start making an outside shot. And, when we have really needed the scoring our guys have been throwing up bricks.

The return of Rashard will help, but we also need the return of Jameer. Jameer missed the second half of the season last year and he is not up to speed yet strength wise - at least it doesn't appear that way on the court and he needs to increase his speed - he is definitely rusty on both ends of the court. I think he will come around as he is very talented, but I would like to see him get more aggressive and have teams worry about double teaming him - he has to be willing to get by his man and hit that open shot and not just pass the ball all the time around the outside.

I think the Magic will come around, but so far it looks like we have been hurt by the Hedo trade, but I don't think it will be that way once the season gets kicking in.

I haven't been too impressed with Carter so far either. I like the play of Bass, but every player needs to pick it up and JJ needs to make a shot - he is playing well if he would start making shots that would be nice.

And, the officiating - horrible as usual - just so idiotic. They need a challenge system in the NBA to review a call like in the NFL - give the team 2 or 3 each per half so that they could correct a call. And, they need instant replay on more plays at the end of a half, etc. I am sure there is something they could do without slowing the game down. And, the all star treatment just has to end - it is really turning me off to the NBA - it is a joke.

And, the NBA throwing out fines and constantly telling all to hush up - a joke - we live in a free country and all this censorship BS and fines for minimal comments is hurting the game -again I don't want to be a part of such a farce and it really is turning me off - a long time fan and I am sure it is turning off others. Fining SVG and DH for the comments they have made this year on officiating is horrible and the NBA may lose fans.

Knappy hasn't been pleased with Jameer's play at all. It is not unusual for him to disappear when a new superstar joins the team. Jameer is a scorer, he needs to think about scoring first and assists second. How many times does Knappy have to say this - when Jameer becomes passive and tries to dish off rather than take over he is not effective and the Magic suffer.

I thought Ryan Anderson was going to be a nice replacement for Hedo until he made about 10% of his threes in Detroit - that was bad.

I agree with everyone that the defense has been horrible. I like Barnes, but he has to start making an outside shot. And, when we have really needed the scoring our guys have been throwing up bricks.

The return of Rashard will help, but we also need the return of Jameer. Jameer missed the second half of the season last year and he is not up to speed yet strength wise - at least it doesn't appear that way on the court and he needs to increase his speed - he is definitely rusty on both ends of the court. I think he will come around as he is very talented, but I would like to see him get more aggressive and have teams worry about double teaming him - he has to be willing to get by his man and hit that open shot and not just pass the ball all the time around the outside.

I think the Magic will come around, but so far it looks like we have been hurt by the Hedo trade, but I don't think it will be that way once the season gets kicking in.

I haven't been too impressed with Carter so far either. I like the play of Bass, but every player needs to pick it up and JJ needs to make a shot - he is playing well if he would start making shots that would be nice.

And, the officiating - horrible as usual - just so idiotic. They need a challenge system in the NBA to review a call like in the NFL - give the team 2 or 3 each per half so that they could correct a call. And, they need instant replay on more plays at the end of a half, etc. I am sure there is something they could do without slowing the game down. And, the all star treatment just has to end - it is really turning me off to the NBA - it is a joke.

And, the NBA throwing out fines and constantly telling all to hush up - a joke - we live in a free country and all this censorship BS and fines for minimal comments is hurting the game -again I don't want to be a part of such a farce and it really is turning me off - a long time fan and I am sure it is turning off others. Fining SVG and DH for the comments they have made this year on officiating is horrible and the NBA may lose fans.

I agree Jameer needs to step up. Yeah he put in 19pts last night but if he would have took more shots he probably would have matched Mo Williams 28pts. Sometimes it looks like he is trying so hard to be a pass first pg when that is not his game. Nelson needs to play how he played in college. Yeah keep setting up your teammates but since he's a good score and were without Lewis and Howard was held to 11pts, then Nelson should have took over. I thought he should have at least taken 20 shots. VC played good last night and did what he was suppose to do. Nelson played good as well except for letting Williams go off on him. But I just thought that Nelson should have took more shots. But only 2 guys beat us last night. And Howard didn't show up at all. Freethrow shooting is terrible. I hate when he gets to the line now. You just never know with Howard.

Is Knappy trying to become The Truth??? The Truth noticed the 3rd person and is flattered but Knappy...The Truth you are not. The Truth does respect you. Alot of what you said is true. The Truth likes this team better than last years, The Truth is not a fan of Hedo. They just need time to gel and come together, not to mention that they have been playing without Rashard. The Truth believes that the truth is that the East is Boston and Orlando with Orlando being the superior team. Over a 7 game series Cleveland cannot beat Orlando, unless Cleveland is playing with DStern on their side, which is entirely possible. Boston while good, is old. Even when healthy D12 will abuse KG now as his frame is breaking down. So The Truth says, Orlando returns to the Finals...this time to win.

quote:
Originally posted by Rob:

I agree Jameer needs to step up. Yeah he put in 19pts last night but if he would have took more shots he probably would have matched Mo Williams 28pts. Sometimes it looks like he is trying so hard to be a pass first pg when that is not his game. Nelson needs to play how he played in college. Yeah keep setting up your teammates but since he's a good score and were without Lewis and Howard was held to 11pts, then Nelson should have took over. I thought he should have at least taken 20 shots. VC played good last night and did what he was suppose to do. Nelson played good as well except for letting Williams go off on him. But I just thought that Nelson should have took more shots. But only 2 guys beat us last night. And Howard didn't show up at all. Freethrow shooting is terrible. I hate when he gets to the line now. You just never know with Howard.

i think meer did say something about trying to be more of a pg than acting like a shooting guard?

Jameer is a liability on defense again. Reminds me of the Raptors/Detroit series from 2 years ago. Oh, don't forget frgn Derek Fisher 3 pointers in the finals last year.

Carter was brought in to be the isolation/game closer guy that people thought Hedo was not. I have not seen any of this yet from Vince. His assists are not very striking either. He seems to be out there for himself mostly. I am not even mentioning the lack of energy on defense and offense.

Dwight is still high from last years finals it looks like. Stan needs to give him a good whack to wake him up.

Redick is a better defender this year, however his offensive game is messed up. On ESPN last night, one of the guys mentioned that he is doing thousand curls around defenders to get open, but the problem is that PG has not even arrived close to the 3 point line yet. Waste of energy.

Pietrus looks like he belongs in D-league right now.

Barnes' defense is average, and his offense is nonexistent. What does he bring to the table again?

Jason Williams needs to be more assertive. He doesn't even score as many points as AJ used to at the 3pt line.

Gortat seems similar to last year, I don't see any improvement over the summer.

MA

quote:

Barnes' defense is average, and his offense is nonexistent. What does he bring to the table again?

MA

Be prepared to get torched for this statement, in which none is truer.

quote:
Originally posted by KillingInTheNameOf:

Mo Williams absolutely abused Meer last night. That was shocking...

but... whos really the all star?