Sign in to follow this  
TreyTime

The Official NCAA Basketball Thread

I love the word official LOL. This is the thread where I say preseason that my hometown Mountaineers win the Big East this year and my alma mater Noles will make the tournament this year, and then I defend those statements when they turn out not to be true. We'll probably hear VaBch tell us how the SEC not only dominates football, but basketball as well. Just talk some college hoops here dammit!

I love the word official LOL. This is the thread where I say preseason that my hometown Mountaineers win the Big East this year and my alma mater Noles will make the tournament this year, and then I defend those statements when they turn out not to be true. We'll probably hear VaBch tell us how the SEC not only dominates football, but basketball as well. Just talk some college hoops here dammit!

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

no way does wvu win the big east. but thats a long way coming so...

A man can dream, plus we have EVERYONE coming back except Ruoff. Ebanks + Butler = SHIP CITY

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

no way does wvu win the big east. but thats a long way coming so...

I agree. Nova or UCONN will end up winning the big east this year.

That was a good game between Kansas and Memphis. I only caught that second half but man, the Tigers are scrappy. I like their shooter. Cole Aldrich on the other hand, wasn't impressed from a pro standpoint. I don't think he's athletic enough to play in the league, not as a starter at least, but I need to watch him a little more. He looks really slow though, like Shaq slow.

Also, how about Tennessee's offense?

quote:
Originally posted by TreyTime:

That was a good game between Kansas and Memphis. I only caught that second half but man, the Tigers are scrappy. I like their shooter. Cole Aldrich on the other hand, wasn't impressed from a pro standpoint. I don't think he's athletic enough to play in the league, not as a starter at least, but I need to watch him a little more. He looks really slow though, like Shaq slow.

Yeah Shaq slow, and he had such a horrible career.

quote:
Originally posted by VaBchMagicFan:

quote:

If somebody at 21 is moving the way Shaq does at 37, you're not athletic enough for the league. Is it that hard for you to grasp?

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by VaBchMagicFan:

quote:

If somebody at 21 is moving the way Shaq does at 37, you're not athletic enough for the league. Is it that hard for you to grasp?

Well considering that Shaq at 37 is still a top 10 center in the league I think Aldrich would be happy with that. I didn't know 7 footers were judged on speed, silly me.