Sign in to follow this  
Rafael17222

Are these guys guaranteed to be with us next year?

Hey Guys, I've been extremely busy these past couple of days, so I haven't been able to come on here as often as I would like too. But I have something for you guys to ponder, especially for you guys that like to read between the lines, sort of speak.

I received my Season Ticket renewal in the mail. They have an incentive for those who want to pay their tickets in full by April 2. You have the choice of selecting an annual parking pass, or an autographed authentic jersey from either:

Dwight Howard

Jameer Nelson

JJ Riddick

Trevor Arriza

Carlos Arroyo

Last year they had the same incentive, but they also included Grant Hill. Does Grants omission mean he won't be with the team next year? How about the omission of Darko? And does this mean that these guys that are listed above, are they the only ones who are guaranteed to be with us after the summer?

Just food for thought

Hey Guys, I've been extremely busy these past couple of days, so I haven't been able to come on here as often as I would like too. But I have something for you guys to ponder, especially for you guys that like to read between the lines, sort of speak.

I received my Season Ticket renewal in the mail. They have an incentive for those who want to pay their tickets in full by April 2. You have the choice of selecting an annual parking pass, or an autographed authentic jersey from either:

Dwight Howard

Jameer Nelson

JJ Riddick

Trevor Arriza

Carlos Arroyo

Last year they had the same incentive, but they also included Grant Hill. Does Grants omission mean he won't be with the team next year? How about the omission of Darko? And does this mean that these guys that are listed above, are they the only ones who are guaranteed to be with us after the summer?

Just food for thought

I wouldnt read to far in to that!

Dwight, Jameer and Trevor will be here next year no doubt, I imagine JJ will also!

The obvious reason that Carlos is included is to attract the PR fans to sign up for season tickets now! I hope Carlos is here next year but I feel that is far less certain than the others!

My guess is they can not legaly advertise something like that for anyone who does not have a contract for next year.

The safe answer is that the team doesn't make Jersey's for players until they are under contract. When under contract, the Jerseys are made for that coming year. Just a guess.

quote:
Originally posted by Live or Die Magic:

I'd say it is half a popularity contest and half exactly what Bhnole said.

The one person I feel who is missing and should be on this list, because of popularity in itself is Travis. I

quote:
Originally posted by WPMagic:

Isn't this the last year of Diener's contract?

Yes, it is. I'd say he is missing for that reason but also for the other implied reason that he may not be with the team next season.

quote:
Originally posted by Live or Die Magic:

quote:
Originally posted by WPMagic:

Isn't this the last year of Diener's contract?

Yes, it is. I'd say he is missing for that reason but also for the other implied reason that he may not be with the team next season.

I know you guys are more intuned with this stuff than I am, but who else is not going to be under contract with the Magic next season (with the exception of Grant and Darko, which I already know)?

Players under contract for 07/08

Hedo

Battie

Dwight

Carlos

Dooling (player option)

Ariza

Bogans

JJ

Jameer

Augie

That leaves