Sign in to follow this  
Ryan the Magic Fan

Neo is slowly playing himself into a permanent starter

quote:
Originally posted by Kramer:

quote:
Originally posted by ThuglifeJ:

^becuz you kno so much about Anderson.

I mean you've seen all one bad games of his.. thats a lot of evidence right there.

ppl shuldnt be allowed to have bad games. It's bad for the forum.

It's not having a bad game. It's lacking a skill set to contribute in areas we aren't already freaking loaded in. There are two things we really don't need in the starting 5. Outside shooting and an absence of defensive intensity. He brings both and the latter he takes to another level.

if RA didn't rely on the 3 point shot so much it wouldn't be a problem.

We could have won this game even without shard and pietrus, so lets stop making excuses about lack of talent. We had the talent to win. Kitno was right on when it came to Nelson last night. Along with being completely selfish with the ball, he presented absolutely no point guard skills yesterday. This is why people like me call jameer a sg in a pg's body. And, he let bynum and stuckey play little mind games with him-and they won. Jameer should have not even been looking for his shot yesterday, he left people rediculously open constantly last night and threw up ugly shot after ugly shot. It was relatively important for him to get some penetration, so I understand what he was trying to do...But if you penetrate the perimeter defense, it doesnt mean you have to immediately hoist up a bad shot.

VC showed poor shot selection, no doubt. But, thats his game, we should get used to it.

And for the umpteenth time it seems, Barnes hustles, but thats about it. I like what he brings, but he is not a go to guy by any stretch.

Bass is a chucker.

quote:
Originally posted by KillingInTheNameOf:

quote:
Originally posted by HoopsCzar:

There should have been more Matt Barnes at SG and not SF. For more ball pressure, off guard ball movement and help rebounding.

Along with less Vince shooting and sliding up to undersized SF and passing off the draw,..VC can handle the ball but he's never been a fluent passer and Barnes is a far better creator.

LOL, Who would you have playing SF if Barnes was playing SG?

quote:
But fact remains if you know X's and O's it's without question that this loss was very avoidable and it was a loss by flawed design,..and another instance where Stan showed he's still got a lot to learn.

The only problem with the Magic's offense tonight was that it got bogged down in selfishness. The same poor shots that went down vs. Toronto didn't go down vs. Detroit.

Results oriented confidence (ie poor shot selection) breeds poor play and inevitably poor results.

The Magic played unadulterated unselfish basketball for 8 preseason games & 2 1/4 regular season games. Then it became very obvious Jameer was sick of settling for sub double digit scoring games while RA & Redick were pouring in baskets created by the unselfish play.

VC already exhibits questionable shot selection. Now your point guard is ignoring the open man & forcing up shots. Now everybody else is forcing up shots when they finally get their hands on the ball and the poor play fuels itself with everybody trying to single handedly attempt to right the ship.

This is human, not schematic error. When everybody decides to put their ego back on the shelf, there are only a 8 or so teams who can touch Orlando, and voodoo hexes aside, Detroit isn't one of them.

Very well thought out and concise and I agree with everything you just posted.

quote:
Originally posted by M4G1C:

quote:

quote:

I mean you've seen all one bad games of his.. thats a lot of evidence right there.

It's not having a bad game. It's lacking a skill set to contribute in areas we aren't already freaking loaded in. There are two things we really don't need in the starting 5. Outside shooting and an absence of defensive intensity. He brings both and the latter he takes to another level.

It's not an offensive issue. Ryan Anderson is a superior offensive player to both Pietrus and Bass, especially in our system. The problem is Bass and Pietrus are very good defender and Anderson is a very poor one.

quote:
Originally posted by murphy13:

We could have won this game even without shard and pietrus, so lets stop making excuses about lack of talent. We had the talent to win. Kitno was right on when it came to Nelson last night. Along with being completely selfish with the ball, he presented absolutely no point guard skills yesterday. This is why people like me call jameer a sg in a pg's body. And, he let bynum and stuckey play little mind games with him-and they won. Jameer should have not even been looking for his shot yesterday, he left people rediculously open constantly last night and threw up ugly shot after ugly shot. It was relatively important for him to get some penetration, so I understand what he was trying to do...But if you penetrate the perimeter defense, it doesnt mean you have to immediately hoist up a bad shot.

VC showed poor shot selection, no doubt. But, thats his game, we should get used to it.

And for the umpteenth time it seems, Barnes hustles, but thats about it. I like what he brings, but he is not a go to guy by any stretch.

Bass is a chucker.

Brilliant. So this post is a historically awful one. You begin by claiming the Magic can't use absences as an excuse, which they completely can, and in doing so you argue that there is sufficient talent to win. You claim that Nelson is at fault because he took poor shots and left other players open. You then claim that Carter had poor shot selection but its not a problem because he always has poor shot selection. Then you claim that Barnes isn't a player you can look to for offense and then call Bass a chucker. So on a night where Rashard and Pietrus are out and Dwight is in foul trouble, Jameer Nelson doesn't distribute well enough to a pair of chuckers and a player that doesn't deserve offensive touches?

So of the soon to be 10 man rotation, we had two guys out, one guy who isn't talented enough to be a cog in our offense, two players taking poor shots, Dwight in foul trouble, and Anderson struggling. So basically Jameer needed to find Jason Williams and Marcin Gortat open on the perimeter right? That post was a joke.

quote:
Originally posted by HoopsCzar:

3 is greater than 1 and when the full cast available support is employed the team and Ryan will be even better than that.

This couldn't be further from the truth. Anderson is flourishing in a role where he has offensive freedomn and is being depended on for points. When Rashard comes back and Carter gets healthy again, we will not need a spot up shooter who, essentially, only brings scoring to the table. We will already have Jameer, Cartr, and Lewis. We will need some interior help for Dwight on the glass, defense, and a good offensive role player. We will need Bass

quote:

quote:

Bass is a chucker.

Brilliant. So this post is a historically awful one. You begin by claiming the Magic can't use absences as an excuse, which they completely can, and in doing so you argue that there is sufficient talent to win. You claim that Nelson is at fault because he took poor shots and left other players open. You then claim that Carter had poor shot selection but its not a problem because he always has poor shot selection. Then you claim that Barnes isn't a player you can look to for offense and then call Bass a chucker. So on a night where Rashard and Pietrus are out and Dwight is in foul trouble, Jameer Nelson doesn't distribute well enough to a pair of chuckers and a player that doesn't deserve offensive touches?

So of the soon to be 10 man rotation, we had two guys out, one guy who isn't talented enough to be a cog in our offense, two players taking poor shots, Dwight in foul trouble, and Anderson struggling. So basically Jameer needed to find Jason Williams and Marcin Gortat open on the perimeter right? That post was a joke.

You're a joke, nothing I said was wrong. And, you can use absent players as an excuse all you want. But, we had the tools to win last night. Jameer played poorly on all fronts last night, that doesnt mean he always plays that way. Either improve your reading comprehension or get your head out of your ***. VC played exactly how he is known to last night, get used to it! He is a great player and all but it doesnt change his nature as a player. Bass has been a chucker the whole time he's been here, it was just veiled because he was hitting at a high %. Same with Anderson. I feel bad for him because his shot was off completely, he needs to know when to rotate the ball when his shot isnt falling though. So, yes-there was plenty of talent to win the game last night. It could have come from lots of places. Refs and DNP's aside, there were several opportunities to get 6 more points in the game.

quote:

quote:

quote:

Bass is a chucker.

You're a joke, nothing I said was wrong. And, you can use absent players as an excuse all you want. But, we had the tools to win last night. Jameer played poorly on all fronts last night, that doesnt mean he always plays that way. Either improve your reading comprehension or get your head out of your ***. VC played exactly how he is known to last night, get used to it! He is a great player and all but it doesnt change his nature as a player. Bass has been a chucker the whole time he's been here, it was just veiled because he was hitting at a high %. Same with Anderson. I feel bad for him because his shot was off completely, he needs to know when to rotate the ball when his shot isnt falling though. So, yes-there was plenty of talent to win the game last night. It could have come from lots of places. Refs and DNP's aside, there were several opportunities to get 6 more points in the game.

You, essentially, faulted the loss on Jameer's inability to distribute to scorers. You then admit that our scorers either played poorly or just weren't scorers. You can't blame somebody for doing failing to do something that you yourself basically describe as impossible.

Again, I'll disect your post using an interpertation of the Magic's player from your two previous posts

Howard (foul trouble)/Gortat (foul trouble)

Lewis(DNP)/Anderson("chucker")/Bass("chucker")

Pietrus(DNP)/Barnes(Poor offensive option)

Carter(Chucker/injured)/Redick

Nelson(Player in question)/Williams

So of our top 10 players not counting Jameer, 8 of them, according to you, aren't very good options. But Jameer should have done a better job getting these, apperently, subpar options more looks, right?

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Bass is a chucker.

You, essentially, faulted the loss on Jameer's inability to distribute to scorers. You then admit that our scorers either played poorly or just weren't scorers. You can't blame somebody for doing failing to do something that you yourself basically describe as impossible.

Again, I'll disect your post using an interpertation of the Magic's player from your two previous posts

So of our top 10 players not counting Jameer, 8 of them, according to you, aren't very good options. But Jameer should have done a better job getting these, apperently, subpar options more looks, right?

Are you serious? The only thing I actually said out of that flop you posted aside from Bass and Anderson being chuckers was that it(as a pg) its jameer's onus to pass the ball to the open man. Everything else you made up in kramer world. Are you trying to have a legitimate conversation or are you just venting after a bad loss?

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Bass is a chucker.

Are you serious? The only thing I actually said out of that flop you posted aside from Bass and Anderson being chuckers was that it(as a pg) its jameer's onus to pass the ball to the open man. Everything else you made up in kramer world. Are you trying to have a legitimate conversation or are you just venting after a bad loss?

I would just say that calling Bass and Anderson chuckers seems to be a strong statement at this point. I will say they chucked some shots last night that looked awful. I do not forsee such a poor shot selection tonight. I expect dribble penetration and up-tempo basketball.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by M4G1C:

quote:

quote:

It's not an offensive issue. Ryan Anderson is a superior offensive player to both Pietrus and Bass, especially in our system. The problem is Bass and Pietrus are very good defender and Anderson is a very poor one.

anderson is superior to pietrus and bass if his 3 point shot is falling. IF. when it is not falling he has no offensive game really. bottom line, anderson does not provide anything that we already don't have. i'd rather sacrifice some offense if it meant bass getting solid minutes and being that defensive presense and rebounding presence. i dont understand. during the off season everyone pleaded badly for bass and what he brings. now it seems like everyone is so willing to ditch him to the side of the road. sorry but, i'd take bass and his defense, mid range, and rebounding game over RA and his 1 dimensional offensive game at this point. especially since our defense has been lacking severely thus far this season.