Sign in to follow this  
Miller4Prez64

Game Thread: Orlando Magic @ Toronto Turkoglus 11/1 2009

The Magic really, really should lose this game. Ryan Anderson has looked really, really poor defensively in the high post and has been blown by seemingly at will and Redick is JJ.

That said, the Raptors don't play any defense and thats a formula for not winning the games that you should.

I don't think Anderson v. Bargnani, and then Howard v. Bosh would be bad for Orlando if Dwight can just stay out of foul trouble.

X-Factors:

I just get the feeling that whether VC plays or not (especially not), Jameer Nelson is going to have to be aggressive on offense, at least at times, simply because it's a major mismatch. Not much has changed since we bounced them from the playoffs two seasons ago, other than, oh, Jameer becoming an All-Star. Jose Calderon is basically Mini-Nash. Fantastic passer, good three point shooter, terrible on defense. Jameer would be doing his team a disservice if he doesn't call his own number more than once in a while as the Quarterback, and break Jose's ankles so often they look like shattered glass on the x-rays after the game.

And another thing... SPEAKING of foul trouble, I'm looking at Jameer. It's gettin' old, quickly, and as well as J-Will's playing I don't think 19 minutes played from Mighty Mouse is gonna get it done this time.

I know this is obvious as all hell, but Bosh and yes, Bargnani are beyond being X-Factors at this point. Bosh and Bargs are flat out factors. Yes, two questions are important regarding Bargnani. Can he possibly scratch out any rebounds with the likes of Dwight and Bass around? Also, he's not a bust or an inconsistent scorer anymore, those days disappeared sometime last season. What are the Magic going to do to contain his scoring?? Important, yes. X-Factor-ish, yes.

However, the Raptors' X-Factor is indeed Hedo Turkoglu, because Jose really might need some help out there. Not just on defense, but passing the ball and making plays. Can he do that, be a third scorer, and do it without going 3 for 21? If Hedo shows some sort of flash of his 2008 self, it could position Toronto to win the game on Bosh's back, instead of just getting close.

Magic Killa Alert!: Jarrett Jack. Just a weird feeling.

Of course the ultimate X-Factor may just be whether Vince plays or not, simply. He's just THAT much of a one man wrecking crew against the Raptors.

So it's hard to predict the path of how they're gettin' there... but I think the Magic win. A squeaker, that is, one that scares the daylights out of us. I wouldn't be surprised if the Magic drop this one, but I think our depth, hampered as it is in this moment, will be just enough to pull this thing out.

But win or lose, I'm just feelin' close.. close.. close.

Orlando 92

Toronto 89

Bold Prediction/Fantasy Play: I'm going "all in" with Ryan Anderson in this game. Like has been said, Toronto plays no defense and don't exactly have the biggest front line in the league. Starting for Rashard now and not necessarily guaranteed minutes when Shard gets back, also with Vince shaky, I'm playing "Mr. Anderson" in Pick One Challenge and expect 17+ points and 7+ rebounds from "The Chosen One" on Sunday Afternoon.

quote:
Originally posted by gporter:

Yea, how are we going to defend Bargnani?

We don't have Howard, Gortat, Bass, or Anderson to throw at him.

They do pose an interesting match up.

Howard on Bosh and he may need to switch off at some point. You probably play Anderson on Bargnani or Barnes. You play Pietrus on Hedo or Barnes. You can also play Bass and Gortat on Bosh. Bargnani and Hedo are an interesting match up to cover. I think we are ok though - the best options would include Pietrus and maybe Barnes - Bass may have to play pretty far from the basket to play Bargnani so you may go with Anderson or Barnes and kind of far out for Gortat.

I woke up with a sore ankle. I took VC's pain away in my dream.

He'll play. Just watch!

No reason to hate on Turk or the Magic for the decisions the organization had to make. I see it like this, The Magic didn't want to commit to 5 years to a player who will be past his prime in in years 3-5, also why have over 10 million per year going to Turk when Howards contract expires in 2013. The Magic need to be in position to pay Dwight the max and also bring in players in their prime in 2013 to continue a successful run with the best big man in the NBA. Bringing in VC and his contract which will expire before 2013 was purely a business move that puts the Magic in position to contend for a title for the next 8-10 years.

bayoyin..it'll be a game-time decision. VC said he plans on playing, but Magic staff will check out his ankle during warm-ups and have the final say

I just hope that if VC can't play then he shouldn't force playing. I know he wants to help the team but we will need him during the season. I want him back at 100%. It doesn't help the team if he's playing injured. We'll just have to try and win without him. PLEASE VC DON'T FORCE YOUR WAY BACK.

quote:
Originally posted by sabid:

bayoyin..it'll be a game-time decision. VC said he plans on playing, but Magic staff will check out his ankle during warm-ups and have the final say

ok thank you

quote:
Originally posted by AddiFB:

I woke up with a sore ankle. I took VC's pain away in my dream.

He'll play. Just watch!

You're a saint and my hero icon_smile.gif

Anyhoooo pretty happy its an early game as I can be wide awake for this one instead of being half asleep at 11pm. Must say im a little nervous about this game and think it will be a close one, definitely a potential banana skin. I say we steal a close one at the death thanks to Turk missing a last second fadaway 3 pointer icon_wink.gif