Sign in to follow this  
Magic Fan 4 Life

Forward Ryan Anderson to start in Lewis absence

Fantasy Alert:

If you happen to be playing NBA.com Pick One Challenge, use Ryan Anderson before Shard gets back!

I think this is best for the team.. when Rashard comes back for Game 11, less adjustment for the starters. Bass should still get plenty of time as well though.

Don't you love not really stressing about most of our players and how much they play??

quote:
Originally posted by Skywise316:

Fantasy Alert:

If you happen to be playing NBA.com Pick One Challenge, use Ryan Anderson before Shard gets back!

I think this is best for the team.. when Rashard comes back for Game 11, less adjustment for the starters. Bass should still get plenty of time as well though.

Don't you love not really stressing about most of our players and how much they play??

1 year ago today, if you told me Rashard Lewis was going to sit out the first 10 games, I'd be terribly worried.

Today, I'm fine with it. That is how much depth we have. It's an incredible feeling as a fan.

Although Lewis being out will obviously hurt us in the short term (he's too good not for his absence to be noticed), using this time to shake out our forward PT issue could be invaluable later in the year.

One could argue that with obvious starters at 2 of 3 forward positions (Lewis/Howard), having all this depth (Barnes, Gortat, Bass, Anderson) is debatable a problem because it's tough to figure out how to get all those talented guys touches. Having 10 games to sort that out makes it a good problem to have.

Our D will be fine....Stan has turned Turk, Lewis, and JJ into Average players on D..which is light years from what they where before Stan coached them...I think Stan can turn Ryan into an Average player on D also.

quote:
Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:

quote:
Originally posted by M4G1C:

granted. but can lewis even guard 3's anymore? like at all?

He guarded Paul Pierce in the playoffs last year better than anyone else on our team, besides maybe PietrusTurk.

Lewis and Anderson together at the forward spots hurts our defense. It isn't just a question of being a better defender than Hedo, but you are also taking Lee out of the defensive equation and putting Carter in his place. Can/will Carter play D as well as Lee?

I think Stan wants to have that guy in the lineup that is focused on D predominantly. Last season it was the SG position, this season, it's going to be the SF position for the most part.

Our rotation is deadly

Jameer/Williams

Carter/Redick

Pietrus/Barnes

Anderson/Bass

Howard/Gortat

When Shard comes back you'll have Shard/Anderson or Bass.

Carter can play some SF with Redick at the 2 when playing against teams with small lineups

Pietrus can play some SG and Barnes at the 3 against the LeBrons and Kobes

Jameer is deadly driving and pulling up;

Williams can get out and run as well or better than Jameer

Gortat would be starting for alot of teams

Man, we are stacked at every position. I can't wait until Wed nite.