Sign in to follow this  
T-Cat

Once Lewis Return, Should he be our 6th man!

With Howard and Carter being the main focal point of the offense and Nelson breaking down defenses, I think its best for the team to add an instant scoring threat off the bench in Lewis. IMO, this move will possibly let Lewis' PPG avg. rise! I know Stan has so many options to go with, but I stay if it ain't broke don't fix it...when we go 10-0!

With Howard and Carter being the main focal point of the offense and Nelson breaking down defenses, I think its best for the team to add an instant scoring threat off the bench in Lewis. IMO, this move will possibly let Lewis' PPG avg. rise! I know Stan has so many options to go with, but I stay if it ain't broke don't fix it...when we go 10-0!

No. Shard is a starter.

Meer, Dwight, VC and Shard are locks for starting positions I think.

uhm y? We're better with Shard starting.

A rise in PPG is not something this team worries about, like VC said, its delivering the first blow right from the start.

Ryan, Mickael or Matt Barnes can deliver the off the bench contributions for us.

quote:
Originally posted by FENDI:

uhm y? We're better with Shard starting.

A rise in PPG is not something this team worries about, like VC said, its delivering the first blow right from the start.

Ryan, Mickael or Matt Barnes can deliver the off the bench contributions for us.

I agree, but Lewis can create his own shots in the post and allow a double team to happen in the 2nd unit, thus allowing shooters to cirlce around Lewis. If LA got Odom,we got Lewis.

The more I watch, the more I think we should run this line-up:

Nelson/Williams

Carter/Pietrus

Lewis/Barnes

Anderson/Bass

Howard/Gortat

The Anderson/Bass conundrum reminds me a lot of the Courtney/Pietrus debate last year. Anderson is the young guy that knows his role and continues to impress, while Bass has been in the league a little longer, but has never put it together, and brings AMAZING energy off the bench.

That second line is terrifying for other teams. So much energy, hustle, toughness, and athleticism.

As for Shard at the 3, it will take some adjustment time, but he clearly can play there. In fact, his suspension might help, as he'll be able to practice, and then rest his body and watch the game. It allows us to get both of our real PF's pt.

I can't remember who said it, but you have to wonder if Otis isn't looking at Ryan Anderson and seeing a Rashard replacement. He really is everything we hoped Cook could become.

Rashard Lewis is a starter on our team.

I would love him to start at the 3 but that's up to SVG. I know along with Rev, Sky and myself have been railing for Shard at the 3 for a while now.

You could use either Ryan or Brandon depending on the matchup and have a frontline that would dominate.

But no matter what happens, Rashard is our starter and has earned that right. He is as clutch as anyone we have on this team.

quote:
Originally posted by TheRevTy:

Nelson/Williams

Carter/Pietrus

Lewis/Barnes

Anderson/Bass

Howard/Gortat

The Anderson/Bass conundrum reminds me a lot of the Courtney/Pietrus debate last year. Anderson is the young guy that knows his role and continues to impress, while Bass has been in the league a little longer, but has never put it together, and brings AMAZING energy off the bench.

That second line is terrifying for other teams. So much energy, hustle, toughness, and athleticism.

As for Shard at the 3, it will take some adjustment time, but he clearly can play there. In fact, his suspension might help, as he'll be able to practice, and then rest his body and watch the game. It allows us to get both of our real PF's pt.

I can't remember who said it, but you have to wonder if Otis isn't looking at Ryan Anderson and seeing a Rashard replacement. He really is everything we hoped Cook could become.

I like this lineup too but I think Lewis at the 4 and Anderson at the 3, it can still cause some matchup problems because Anderson can stretch the floor and his post game is decent and he can own some of the smaller guards.

quote:
Originally posted by NickAnderson:

quote:

Nelson/Williams

Carter/Pietrus

Lewis/Barnes

Anderson/Bass

Howard/Gortat

I like this lineup too but I think Lewis at the 4 and Anderson at the 3, it can still cause some matchup problems because Anderson can stretch the floor and his post game is decent and he can own some of the smaller guards.

I don't understand what you contributed. So you want our combo forward to play the 4 and our power forward to run the 3? There is absolutely no way Anderson guards the smaller forward and it wouldn't make sense for the smaller forward to guard Anderson considering Rashard's superior perimeter game. Changing their positions around changes absolutely nothing at all.

And on topic, start anybody who isn't Anderson and I'm fine. We have enough scorers in that starting 5 which will include Lewis.

quote:
Originally posted by Kramer:

quote:
Originally posted by NickAnderson:

quote:

Nelson/Williams

Carter/Pietrus

Lewis/Barnes

Anderson/Bass

Howard/Gortat

I don't understand what you contributed. So you want our combo forward to play the 4 and our power forward to run the 3? There is absolutely no way Anderson guards the smaller forward and it wouldn't make sense for the smaller forward to guard Anderson considering Rashard's superior perimeter game. Changing their positions around changes absolutely nothing at all.

And on topic, start anybody who isn't Anderson and I'm fine. We have enough scorers in that starting 5 which will include Lewis.

And Rashard is any better at guarding the 3's in the league?