Sign in to follow this  
Drain-O

ESPN The Magazine Preview

Figured those without insider could view at least the Magic portion of the article. I am pretty sure it was written by Frostilocks but I am not 100% sure.

Anyway...

quote:
This story appears in the Nov. 2 issue of ESPN The Magazine.

This NBA season hinges on the kind of bonds the contenders concoct in the lab -- or at least on the court. But if chemistry were the only subject that mattered, the Spurs would be working on one for the thumb -- the second thumb. So we're taking a look at how each of the 30 NBA clubs fares in a variety of subjects: Chemistry, yes, but also Biology, because trainers countrywide will be working overtime to ready hobbled or aging stars; Economics, because salary caps and team finances are as formidable an opponent as Dwight Howard in the paint; History, because what has happened before has happened for a reason; and Math, because, the numbers -- well, ESPN Insider John Hollinger's anyway -- never lie. Our report cards are tough but fair. And before you tell us that the overall mark doesn't add up -- c'mon, haven't you heard of grading on a curve?

quote:
2. Orlando Magic

Getty Images

Vince Carter

BIOLOGY

Figured those without insider could view at least the Magic portion of the article. I am pretty sure it was written by Frostilocks but I am not 100% sure.

Anyway...

quote:
This story appears in the Nov. 2 issue of ESPN The Magazine.

This NBA season hinges on the kind of bonds the contenders concoct in the lab -- or at least on the court. But if chemistry were the only subject that mattered, the Spurs would be working on one for the thumb -- the second thumb. So we're taking a look at how each of the 30 NBA clubs fares in a variety of subjects: Chemistry, yes, but also Biology, because trainers countrywide will be working overtime to ready hobbled or aging stars; Economics, because salary caps and team finances are as formidable an opponent as Dwight Howard in the paint; History, because what has happened before has happened for a reason; and Math, because, the numbers -- well, ESPN Insider John Hollinger's anyway -- never lie. Our report cards are tough but fair. And before you tell us that the overall mark doesn't add up -- c'mon, haven't you heard of grading on a curve?

quote:
2. Orlando Magic

Getty Images

Vince Carter

BIOLOGY

quote:
Originally posted by NotByChoice:

A-minus????

Does the disrespect ever end with these people?!?! COME ON!!! FOR **** SAKES!

I LOL'd

Consider the source.....it's ESPN for God's sake, so that equates into a triple A (AAA)rating everywhere else on the planet, being they can't pry themselves away from the Brons, Lakers and the retirement village known as Boston!!!

Good job!! He may be getting counciled by the espn exec's as we speak!!

Great points in there. I'm glad someone finally realized that while Turk was good here, he's not what most of the media is making him out to be. I think an A- is a fair grade, because while I believe in my heart we have the best team in the NBA right now, we're not the defending champs. BUT I think L.A. is the only team that should be looked at as superior to us.

An A- is very fair, especially considering the additions and subtractions made this offseason. Also, you should take into account that we're over the salary. And this is one of the few articles that doesn't club us over the head with the mantra of "Hedo's gone, therefore we have no chance, abandon all hope.