Sign in to follow this  
Luke_FfS

Warriors ban Jackson for 2 games

quote:
Golden State Warriors swingman Stephen Jackson has been suspended for two exhibition games for conduct detrimental to the team.

The team said the suspension is for Jackson's behavior Friday night against the Lakers. He picked up five fouls plus a technical foul in less than 10 minutes of action. He went to the locker room from the bench and never returned .

What a childish behavior... icon_frown.gif

I know the Ilgauskas/Jackson trade would be great for the Cavs on paper, but having a guy like that one on the team... meh!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4549598

quote:
Golden State Warriors swingman Stephen Jackson has been suspended for two exhibition games for conduct detrimental to the team.

The team said the suspension is for Jackson's behavior Friday night against the Lakers. He picked up five fouls plus a technical foul in less than 10 minutes of action. He went to the locker room from the bench and never returned .

What a childish behavior... icon_frown.gif

I know the Ilgauskas/Jackson trade would be great for the Cavs on paper, but having a guy like that one on the team... meh!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4549598

I'm quite sure the Cavs will not trade away Z for Steph.

1. They will lose all depth in the C position. Shaq goes down or needs rest for 1-2 games? Anderson Varejao isn't going to man the C alone for a long stretch. If Shaq goes down and no Z = Lakers, Magic, Celtics and Spurs will annihilate the Cavs from the inside.

2. Z is a Cavs legend. He should and WILL retire a Cav and his number should and WILL be retired.

3. Stephen Jackson is a knucklehead and his behavior has ruined his trade value. None of the big teams he wants to go to ("I wanna go to a championship caliber team!" *cry*) will risk having this kind of negatively explosive mentality on their roster that can potentially ruin team chemistry and therefor the chances of winning.

Even losing teams will not want the guy because they see how he handles himself on a losing team and he has publically stated he does not want to be on a losing/rebuilding team because "he's a winner".

4. Cavs have enough of shooters and defenders to win now. They don't need a ticking mind-bomb on their roster because he is a 50-50 bomb-guaranteed. He can give them the scoring and defense and help them win, or he could erupt into some stupid behavior that will tear up the Cavs from inside.

5. The risk of upsetting LeBron in his final year of contract. Boom goes the dynamite!

quote:
Originally posted by AddiFB:

I'm quite sure the Cavs will not trade away Z for Steph.

1. They will lose all depth in the C position. Shaq goes down or needs rest for 1-2 games? Anderson Varejao isn't going to man the C alone for a long stretch. If Shaq goes down and no Z = Lakers, Magic, Celtics and Spurs will annihilate the Cavs from the inside.

2. Z is a Cavs legend. He should and WILL retire a Cav and his number should and WILL be retired.

3. Stephen Jackson is a knucklehead and his behavior has ruined his trade value. None of the big teams he wants to go to ("I wanna go to a championship caliber team!" *cry*) will risk having this kind of negatively explosive mentality on their roster that can potentially ruin team chemistry and therefor the chances of winning.

Even losing teams will not want the guy because they see how he handles himself on a losing team and he has publically stated he does not want to be on a losing/rebuilding team because "he's a winner".

4. Cavs have enough of shooters and defenders to win now. They don't need a ticking mind-bomb on their roster because he is a 50-50 bomb-guaranteed. He can give them the scoring and defense and help them win, or he could erupt into some stupid behavior that will tear up the Cavs from inside.

5. The risk of upsetting LeBron in his final year of contract. Boom goes the dynamite!

Well said. I don't think I could have typed it better myself.

About reason 1.

Yeah that's the only problem I see in getting Jackson. Z have bigger contract than Jackson so third team involved ? Or plus expiring Speedy Claxton, with also expiring Hickson and Powe Cavs could do something.

About reason 3

And there was a lot of controversy with Ron Artest before, Rockets took him, it went well.

With healthy Yao and T-Mac they were aiming as a very serious contenders too.

About reasons 2, 4 and 5

"The risk of upsetting LeBron in his final year of contract. Boom goes the dynamite!"

Yeah exactly ! 100 % true.

Most upseting thing for LeBron ?

Not getting ring this year, after Shaq and Z gone next year they would have to land something huge like Bosh or Wade and still find players for center position to make sure that LeBrone will stay.

That may be 10 times more important for Cavs than honoring Z and letting him stay to the end. That's business.'

Jackson + LeBron = most athletic, phisical and the best pair of wingmen in NBA. And Jackson as a good defender allowing LeBron to rest better on defensive end.

Look at Warrios situation, Jackson will be shipped out anyway.

A lot of rumors about their owner, his finantial situaton getting worse, wanting to sell teams which will be veeeery difficukt right now.

They won't land very good player for Jackson so why not take Z with big expiring contract to save serious bucks or find something usefull next summer.