Sign in to follow this  
MilitaryMagic

Quick, name the Top 6 PPG on the Magic for the coming 09-10 season - BONUS: Team PPG?

I'll start:

1. VC

t2. D12

t2. Shard

4. Nelson

5. Barnes

6. Pietrus

I think losing Hedo is going to open up a lot more perimeter scoring opportunities in general, and I think Shard is going to play about 50% of the season at SF, allowing him more opportunities to score in the post.

VC is going to lead in scoring at about 22ppg and Shard / D12 are both going to average 20ppg.

And for the bonus round - 108ppg. We're going to go absolutely nuts on offense and people will actually complain about our defense due to our ability to score early on offense and generate more possessions in a game.

I'll start:

1. VC

t2. D12

t2. Shard

4. Nelson

5. Barnes

6. Pietrus

I think losing Hedo is going to open up a lot more perimeter scoring opportunities in general, and I think Shard is going to play about 50% of the season at SF, allowing him more opportunities to score in the post.

VC is going to lead in scoring at about 22ppg and Shard / D12 are both going to average 20ppg.

And for the bonus round - 108ppg. We're going to go absolutely nuts on offense and people will actually complain about our defense due to our ability to score early on offense and generate more possessions in a game.

1. dwight

2. shard

3. vince

4. nelson

5. peitrus

6. bass (sleeper for ppg)

i say we'd take a small drop at first with chemistry so our overall ppg for the year will be lower than last year's, i'd say 97.00 our last year regular season was near 100.00 ppg.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/teams/orl/stats

101.1 ppg for the team

regular season:

1. d12 20.6

2. lewis 17.7

3. hedo 16.8

4. jameer 16.7

5. rafer 12.0

6. peitrus 9.4

97.0 for the playoffs:

1. d12 20.3

2. lewis 19.0

3. hedo 15.8

4. rafer 12.2

5. peitrus 10.5

6. clee 8.1

Dwight

VC

Shard

Jameer

Barnes

Pietrus

I would have put Pietrus above Barnes, but after reading SVG speculate about Barnes being in the game in critical situations, it sounds like he has a lot of respect for his game, and plans to use him a lot. I'm beginning to think that Barnes starts at 3, and Pietrus comes off the bench (after Shard's return, and maybe even from the get-go).

1. Lew (22ppg)

2. Dwight (21ppg)

3. VC (19ppg)

4. Jameer (18ppg)

5. Barnes (8ppg)

6. Peaches (7ppg off the bench)

That's right. I said it. Lew will lead the Magic in scoring this year. The addition of VC will do wonders for him. This is his year to silence the critics of his contract AND his suspension.

The addition of VC will be just as huge for Dwight. The amount of attention defenders will give to VC when he penetrates will give Dwight so many more opportunities, either from a pass from VC, or offensive rebounds.

VC will be a playmaker first, scorer second this season. He will have MANY a game in which he will drop 10-15. The most in his whole career. But there will also be a few games in which he goes all VEEEEEEEE-SEEEEEEEEEEEEE on us. Games when the 3-ball isn't fallin for anyone else - It's VC time.

Rashard, Dwight, and VC will each have a 40 point game. Jameer will have a couple 30 point games.

The beauty of this team is that our entire starting lineup doesn't have to be lights out every night for us to win. Even if one of our big 4 has a TERRIBLE night, the potential for each of our stars to go absolutely NUTS at any night is unheard of.

But when all 4 are havin a great game, we are unbeatable. Period. End of discussion. It will be so crazy that VC will be getting open spot up threes in the corner.

And as you can see, I still believe we will be a starter-heavy team, once again. Perhaps even more so than last year.

I gotta go with about 100ppg this season. 2nd to the Lakers.

quote:
Originally posted by Give Me Redick All Day:

1) Redick

2) Gortat

3) Foyle

4) Richardson

5) Redick

don't think richardson plays for orlando anymore? but you could make the argument that he's so good he doesn't have to be on the team to be top 5 in scoring.