Sign in to follow this  
Ryan the Magic Fan

So I get's to thinking...

I just got home from playing ball at the local street courts (so tired from not playing for weeks) and I got to thinking. Ya know a lot of us talk a big game about being able to play a little ball. So maybe we should try to do a little get together and play some 5 on 5.

You know an Orlando Magic Forum basketball day where we all get together, hang out and play some ball. Try to make it a regular thing if it works out, but if not a cool day for us all to try (and most likely fail) and back up the obscene amount of junk that we all talk in here. I live in Lake Mary and go to UCF so I'd recommend the court's near where I live or at the Rec Center. But I'm also up to suggestion.

If it's already been suggested then hey whatever but if not I think it would be a great way to try and play some ball. Anyone else thoughts?

I just got home from playing ball at the local street courts (so tired from not playing for weeks) and I got to thinking. Ya know a lot of us talk a big game about being able to play a little ball. So maybe we should try to do a little get together and play some 5 on 5.

You know an Orlando Magic Forum basketball day where we all get together, hang out and play some ball. Try to make it a regular thing if it works out, but if not a cool day for us all to try (and most likely fail) and back up the obscene amount of junk that we all talk in here. I live in Lake Mary and go to UCF so I'd recommend the court's near where I live or at the Rec Center. But I'm also up to suggestion.

If it's already been suggested then hey whatever but if not I think it would be a great way to try and play some ball. Anyone else thoughts?

we've done game nights with the boards and some people go to the arena, the team has hooked us up good, last time we got autographed memorabilia and balls, and even a visit from Bo Outlaw..it was great

as far as playing ball. I think it would be cool to do something like this, but at the same time it might be trouble. Some people might even prefer to stay behind the computer screen and not meet in person. It sure would be fun to watch and participate.

Didn't even know the board had some game nights, I must not be paying good attention. Need to make sure I get in on some of those if I can.

And hey if anyone doesnt wanna come out then by all means don't. I think it would be a cool idea especially if we could get a good amount of people out to it. Talk about the magic then play some hoops together. If we get a good amount of people maybe even have a little mini tournament? Of course we'd need to keep things clean and I guess mod's like you could help out with that if you were so inclined.

Just an idea I'd like to float out there.

well id be all for but living the other side of the wrold makes it hard for me.

i do think this is a good idea as at times just reading what some one types can cause some up roar it could help settle down a few of the little wars that are going on here.

Good to see some positives. I wanted to post this in the main magic thread so it got more views and more people could comment on it but i didnt know if it would be considered not on topic...

I think it would be awesome lead up to the begining of the season

quote:
Originally posted by Freex:

I'd love to, but 2 problems:

1. I'm not in ORL

2. I imagine all of you like physically superior than me lol, I might get injured in my 5'11", 175lbs frame.

But I'd love to!!

Well the first one might be a problem for you but as for the second one will make sure no ones looking to get too physical.