Sign in to follow this  
chosen12

Schmitz say's VC on his way!!!!

After tonight, Vince Carter's next game could be in Magic uniform

Posted on May 16, 2007 11:34:05 AM

Discuss This: Comments (6) | TrackBack (0) | Linking Blogs | Add to del.icio.us | Digg it

If the New Jersey Nets are knocked out of the playoffs tonight, the next time you see Vince Carter on a basketball floor he could be wearing a Magic uniform.

I have to believe that the Magic will start courting Carter --- who can become a free agent this summer -- once the flag drops July 1. Make that at 12:01 a.m.

And they should.

Has VC had a largely forgettable series against the Cavs?

No doubt.

Did he hurt his value?

Probably.

But can he help a young team like the Magic get a seed higher than No. 8 by carrying them through some lulls during a regular season?

Absolutely.

The Nets say they will try to keep Carter, but not likely at maximum salary. (I think VC is going to be surprised that no one will offer him another max deal.)

GM Rod Thorn also says he wants to execute a sign-and-trade if he can't work out something with Carter.

He likely wants a big and another player.

We've had this scenario working early in the season: Magic re-sign Darko Milicic and ship him to the Nets for a deal involving VC.

Even if they gave Darko $8 mill to start his new contract, they would have to add another player to a deal with the Nets to match VC's salary. Maybe Keyon Dooling, who makes $3 million.

That would add up to about $11 mill --- and that's a top-end figure for Carter, who is on the wrong side of 30 as they say.

Carter would, in essence, replace Grant Hill in the lineup.

Yes, the Magic would lose Milicic, breaking up the proposed Darko-Dwight duo. It's a risk, sure, because Darko could end up becoming a really good player.

Maybe the Magic could send Hedo Turkoglu and his $7 million salary and Dooling, but that's not what the Nets want most likely.

There's this from the New York Post's Marc Berman on Carter, who likely will seek a max deal. "The Nets don't appear interested in going that high, and Thorn was only lukewarm last week when he talked about re-upping with Carter, who's had a miserable second-round series and was the goat of Game 4. The prevailing wisdom is that Thorn will look to execute a sign-and-trade with another team and get back a big-man banger and a young player.

"We're going to try to sign him," Thorn told WFAN. "We'd like to bring back our base if that's possible. It may not be possible. If we can't sign Carter, the ways Carter can leave is go someplace else under the cap or sign-and-trade. The more likely is to go in a sign-and-trade someplace. Who knows what's going to happen there?"

I would like to think we could have both, Darko and VC. But I also think you don't trade big for small, or young for old, what do you guy's think????

After tonight, Vince Carter's next game could be in Magic uniform

Posted on May 16, 2007 11:34:05 AM

Discuss This: Comments (6) | TrackBack (0) | Linking Blogs | Add to del.icio.us | Digg it

If the New Jersey Nets are knocked out of the playoffs tonight, the next time you see Vince Carter on a basketball floor he could be wearing a Magic uniform.

I have to believe that the Magic will start courting Carter --- who can become a free agent this summer -- once the flag drops July 1. Make that at 12:01 a.m.

And they should.

Has VC had a largely forgettable series against the Cavs?

No doubt.

Did he hurt his value?

Probably.

But can he help a young team like the Magic get a seed higher than No. 8 by carrying them through some lulls during a regular season?

Absolutely.

The Nets say they will try to keep Carter, but not likely at maximum salary. (I think VC is going to be surprised that no one will offer him another max deal.)

GM Rod Thorn also says he wants to execute a sign-and-trade if he can't work out something with Carter.

He likely wants a big and another player.

We've had this scenario working early in the season: Magic re-sign Darko Milicic and ship him to the Nets for a deal involving VC.

Even if they gave Darko $8 mill to start his new contract, they would have to add another player to a deal with the Nets to match VC's salary. Maybe Keyon Dooling, who makes $3 million.

That would add up to about $11 mill --- and that's a top-end figure for Carter, who is on the wrong side of 30 as they say.

Carter would, in essence, replace Grant Hill in the lineup.

Yes, the Magic would lose Milicic, breaking up the proposed Darko-Dwight duo. It's a risk, sure, because Darko could end up becoming a really good player.

Maybe the Magic could send Hedo Turkoglu and his $7 million salary and Dooling, but that's not what the Nets want most likely.

There's this from the New York Post's Marc Berman on Carter, who likely will seek a max deal. "The Nets don't appear interested in going that high, and Thorn was only lukewarm last week when he talked about re-upping with Carter, who's had a miserable second-round series and was the goat of Game 4. The prevailing wisdom is that Thorn will look to execute a sign-and-trade with another team and get back a big-man banger and a young player.

"We're going to try to sign him," Thorn told WFAN. "We'd like to bring back our base if that's possible. It may not be possible. If we can't sign Carter, the ways Carter can leave is go someplace else under the cap or sign-and-trade. The more likely is to go in a sign-and-trade someplace. Who knows what's going to happen there?"

I would like to think we could have both, Darko and VC. But I also think you don't trade big for small, or young for old, what do you guy's think????

As much as I would LOVE Vince Carter on the Magic... No way in hell I would give up Darko for him, and from what Otis has said, I don't see him giving up Darko for him either.

Absolutely not!

LOL.

Rod Thorn is scrambling to keep from looking like an idiot for not moving him (and Kidd) before the trading deadline.

When Vince is ready to sign with us, I hope we are in a position to sign Vince without an S&T. That way, we can say to Rod that if he wants to get anything at all for Vince, he'll take what we want to give him: Garrity, rights to Fran, etc.

Not even a SNIFF of Darko, Ariza, JJ or probably even Hedo (we can use him in another move, if we want).

Make him suffer for being so stubborn at the trading deadline.

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

I'm really, really, really starting to wonder about Brian Schmitz!(lol)

BJ, my thoughts exactly, it is almost as if he is desperate for a story line!

I know your big on Carter Junkie and so was I, about 5 years ago.

If we can get him through free agency, I'm all for it. I don't want us to lose a Darko or Ariza for someone who is "on the wrong side of 30".