Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

A Magical Moment

I have no issues with women on these forums. I've never made comments against anyone except for you. My beef with you has nothing to do with you being a female. I admit that my post in that other thread was wrong. I didnt read the OPs full post where he asked for others to post art work.

No matter if you are a guy, girl or unisex I feel like you crave attention and most of your posts are, "look at me and give me congrats or feel sorry for me". Like I said above, I admit that I did not read the OP on the artwork thread and jumped the gun. But IMO this thread is another perfect example of what im talking about. Your saying your not going to post game threads because I directed a comment toward you in another thread. To me it seems like your digging for people to say "please dont stop making game threads".

I just dont see a need for this thread and it has nothing to do with me being sexist. If you look at my post history I have never made a post directed at or about any female other than you.

quote:
Originally posted by TrueMagicFan07:

quote:
Originally posted by MrWise:

Try not to feel offended,PEC gets harassed 1000 times more than you TMF. I hope you don't let the boys make you feel isolated, we all love your game threads and hope you don't stop making them. I'm even sporting your own design!

Thanks, girls and guys. The reason I made the comments in the opening of this thread is due to the fact that many of the guys are too harsh with the females on this board.

I know that it is a basketball forum, and some of the guys like to talk a little lot of smack. But come on, the girls who are members of this board are here because we love basketball, we love the Orlando Magic, and want to share our thoughts and ideas about the game of basketball. We do not appreciate the name calling and being talked down to as though we have nothing to offer.

Some of you guys think that the board would be boring if you couldn't smash mouth other people. But you need to draw the line.

Some of the male posters on this board have made some really rude comments to just about every female who has posted on this board, and I think you know who we are (including those who have left). A number of us have stopped posting because of the hurtful comments.

No matter what anybody says, I feel badly for PEC. She probably has thick skin, but the attacks you made on her were really uncalled for. You have to respect everybody's opinion, even though you might not agree with them.

Btw, read the Magic Fan Art thread under the "Magic Forum". One guy told me that I had no business posting my art work there. He also suggested that I must have had a motive, and that I was stealing the OP's thunder.

PEC was treated that way for being an idiot, not being a woman. I know, I was probably one of the more harsh people as far as the treatment she got.

The guy that said you had no business posting your artwork in that thread was off base, but I didn't see the part where he said it was because you are a woman.

quote:

You have to respect everybody's opinion

This is one of the greatest lies perpetrated by the human race, and its overwhelming repetition on this board is nauseating.

If an opinion doesn't merit respect, neither I nor anyone else should respect it. If you make a post saying that Detlef Schrempf was the greatest basketball player of all time, I'm going to tell you that your opinion is dumb as hell. I like Detlef Schrempf; I think he was and still is highly underrated. But he's no where close to being the best player of all time, and you'd have to be a complete moron to think he was.

There's a difference between respecting someone's opinion(which is based on the merit of said opinion) and respecting someone's right to HAVE an opinion(which is based on basic human courtesy).

quote:
Originally posted by Magicfan1961:

quote:
Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:

quote:

This is one of the greatest lies perpetrated by the human race, and its overwhelming repetition on this board is nauseating.

If an opinion doesn't merit respect, neither I nor anyone else should respect it. If you make a post saying that Detlef Schrempf was the greatest basketball player of all time, I'm going to tell you that your opinion is dumb as hell. I like Detlef Schrempf; I think he was and still is highly underrated. But he's no where close to being the best player of all time, and you'd have to be a complete moron to think he was.

There's a difference between respecting someone's opinion(which is based on the merit of said opinion) and respecting someone's right to HAVE an opinion(which is based on basic human courtesy).

usted no es un sexista, usted es una igualdad de oportunidades hater.

quote:

quote:

She's sooo going to remember this. 3 years from now you will come home to your canary cooking on your stove.

quote:
Originally posted by emory889:

quote:

quote:

She's sooo going to remember this. 3 years from now you will come home to your canary cooking on your stove.

thats a bit over the top!!!!!