Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

HoopsWorld ranks NBA PG's-Jameer not top 12- Disrespect?

quote:
Originally posted by VaBchMagicFan:

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

quote:

I think Meer should be on the list but the guy has had 1/2 a good season. So I can see why he is not, he is undersized and is still learning how to run an offense. Add in what a huge defensive liability he is and it makes sense. Now if he can come in this year and play a whole year like he did last year and lead his team through the playoffs he will get the respect. As far as Rondo, I think he might be the best PG in the east, maybe Harris. The guy is an elite defender at his position ,runs an offense well, elite rebounder at his position and has gotten better every year with his shooting. So saying oh Rondo sucks is nothing but being a homer and not being objective. I would take Rondo on my team in a heartbeat, and sorry to say but if Boston offered me Rondo for Meer straight up I would do it.

I personally think that Tony Parker is the best PG in the league. Paul has crazy stats but has won nothing and has not shown up in big games. Parker last year carried the Spurs by himself and is the best PG at getting to the rim in the league.

you make it seem like SA has a bunch of scrubs. Carried the Spurs by himself! I laugh at that statement. Who is Tim Duncan??? Manu still played 44 games, and they have roger mason who is a great complimentary player. Not to mention a bench that includes Michael Finley, Kurt Thomas, and George Hill (who kept them alive while parker was injured early).

Duncan missed a lot of time and was playing hurt all season, he was not himself. Manu as you stated missed half the season and was playing hurt the majority of the season. Mason? I knew who he was last year, maybe you did too but I doubt many did other than Spurs fans. Look at the other guys you mentioned. Their were tons more teams that were healthy who had more talent who did not play as well as the Spurs. I saw Parker win tons of games without Duncan and Ginobli. How would we have looked without Dwight and Turk in the West? Not good at all, it also has to do with Pops as the coach though.

you lost all credibility with Rondo, if hes so good why are the celtics trying to run him outta town?

quote:
Originally posted by God hates Magic fans:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I think Meer should be on the list but the guy has had 1/2 a good season. So I can see why he is not, he is undersized and is still learning how to run an offense. Add in what a huge defensive liability he is and it makes sense. Now if he can come in this year and play a whole year like he did last year and lead his team through the playoffs he will get the respect. As far as Rondo, I think he might be the best PG in the east, maybe Harris. The guy is an elite defender at his position ,runs an offense well, elite rebounder at his position and has gotten better every year with his shooting. So saying oh Rondo sucks is nothing but being a homer and not being objective. I would take Rondo on my team in a heartbeat, and sorry to say but if Boston offered me Rondo for Meer straight up I would do it.

I personally think that Tony Parker is the best PG in the league. Paul has crazy stats but has won nothing and has not shown up in big games. Parker last year carried the Spurs by himself and is the best PG at getting to the rim in the league.

you make it seem like SA has a bunch of scrubs. Carried the Spurs by himself! I laugh at that statement. Who is Tim Duncan??? Manu still played 44 games, and they have roger mason who is a great complimentary player. Not to mention a bench that includes Michael Finley, Kurt Thomas, and George Hill (who kept them alive while parker was injured early).

Duncan missed a lot of time and was playing hurt all season, he was not himself. Manu as you stated missed half the season and was playing hurt the majority of the season. Mason? I knew who he was last year, maybe you did too but I doubt many did other than Spurs fans. Look at the other guys you mentioned. Their were tons more teams that were healthy who had more talent who did not play as well as the Spurs. I saw Parker win tons of games without Duncan and Ginobli. How would we have looked without Dwight and Turk in the West? Not good at all, it also has to do with Pops as the coach though.

you lost all credibility with Rondo, if hes so good why are the celtics trying to run him outta town?

Your right Rondo sucks,only the Magic players and guys on teams who have no chance against us are any good. Move him because Real Gm told you so? Well he wasn't moved, so it means one of two things. Either it was a ll rumors which Ainge actually came out and said, or they were looking for an incredible deal. The only reason why some people were rumoring that he was being shopped is because Rivers apparently has problems coaching him. It has nothing to do with talent though, he is a walking triple double and one of the best defensive PG's in the league.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Your right Rondo sucks,only the Magic players and guys on teams who have no chance against us are any good. Move him because Real Gm told you so? Well he wasn't moved, so it means one of two things. Either it was a ll rumors which Ainge actually came out and said, or they were looking for an incredible deal. The only reason why some people were rumoring that he was being shopped is because Rivers apparently has problems coaching him. It has nothing to do with talent though, he is a walking triple double and one of the best defensive PG's in the league.

Do you even look before you post stuff? Duncan missed 7 regular season games last year. 3 less than parker. Since when has missing 7 games been missing a lot of time. Duncan wasn't Duncan last season but since when was playing with a 20/10 guy having to carry a team by yourself.

quote:

Jameer is a better on ball defender than Rondo. Rajon Rondo is a defensive liability because he just doesn't want to try to keep his man in front, he wants to try to make a spectactular defensive play and seven times out of eight, he is leaving a lane wide open. Anybody who is best known for "playing behind his man" SUCKS AT DEFENSE. And Harris isn't a better player than Jameer. Jameer can do more things offensively but he isn't asked to. Switch roles and the Magic would have an underachieving point guard while the Nets would get a 20+ point per game player in Jameer.

That said, you are right with Parker. Although I don't think he is the best in the league, I think Chauncey Billups and him are neck and neck. All Paul has done is get popular because of gaudy statlines with Billups and Parker, you know, win games and championships.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

What do triple doubles get you? A lot of message board basketball nerd nut-huggers. Nothing else. Last triple-double machine to lead a team to a championship...Yeah, thats what I thought. Rondo has an attitude problem and that is why he was being shopped. I recall reading that he showed up late to like half of the Celtics playoff game shoot arounds which isn't at all acceptable

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Magicfan1961:
Originally posted by VaBchMagicFan: As far as Rondo, I think he might be the best PG in the east,I would take Rondo on my team in a heartbeat, and sorry to say but if Boston offered me Rondo for Meer straight up I would do it.

Big Suprise. I am confused, The Celtics is your team. Yes, VAbchmagicfan, Rondo is Sexy.

See if your going to quote me you actually have to put in the whole sentence, complicated i know. I said he might be the best or Devin Harris. I think Meer is #3 in the East. Rondo has played better than Meer has and does more than just score. Add in that he did it for longer than a half season and you have to put Rondo ahead, oh yeah and he is younger and has a higher ceiling.

Wait so Jameer, who is an athletic freak with, bar none, the most successful jumpshot in the NBA right now, has a smaller window than Rajon Rondo who has already developed at attitude and ego problem?

quote:
Originally posted by Jaybird:

Baron Davis isn't relevant anymore. Jason Kidd is because he's milking his last shot at something great. I don't care that Jameer isn't being fussed over. Leave the chip on his shoulder.

Ummm. Which shoulder?

quote:
Originally posted by bigsteve03:

quote:
Originally posted by mongoose:

I think if anybody thinks Rajon Rondo is a better basketball player than Jameer Nelson, then you shouldn't be writing about basketball

I would take Rondo over Nelson, to me without Dwight Nelson is not that good. With Rondo he does not need anybody else, he carried the Celts durring some games.

I agree

quote:

Wow you're a moderater now wat is this world coming to

quote:
Originally posted by Kramer:

quote:

Jameer is a better on ball defender than Rondo. Rajon Rondo is a defensive liability because he just doesn't want to try to keep his man in front, he wants to try to make a spectactular defensive play and seven times out of eight, he is leaving a lane wide open. Anybody who is best known for "playing behind his man" SUCKS AT DEFENSE. And Harris isn't a better player than Jameer. Jameer can do more things offensively but he isn't asked to. Switch roles and the Magic would have an underachieving point guard while the Nets would get a 20+ point per game player in Jameer.

That said, you are right with Parker. Although I don't think he is the best in the league, I think Chauncey Billups and him are neck and neck. All Paul has done is get popular because of gaudy statlines with Billups and Parker, you know, win games and championships.

C'mon man this is ridiculous. Meer is a better on the ball defender? He is the worst defensive player on the team, yes worse than JJ. Rondo is the best defensive PG in the NBA, and the fact that you think he is bad defensively means i can't take anything you say seriously. This is not a bash Jameer post I think he is top 3 in the East, Harris and Rondo are just better. Saying Rondo is a defensive liability is like saying JJ is a n elite defender.

quote:
Originally posted by Kramer:

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Magicfan1961:
Originally posted by VaBchMagicFan: As far as Rondo, I think he might be the best PG in the east,I would take Rondo on my team in a heartbeat, and sorry to say but if Boston offered me Rondo for Meer straight up I would do it.

Big Suprise. I am confused, The Celtics is your team. Yes, VAbchmagicfan, Rondo is Sexy.

See if your going to quote me you actually have to put in the whole sentence, complicated i know. I said he might be the best or Devin Harris. I think Meer is #3 in the East. Rondo has played better than Meer has and does more than just score. Add in that he did it for longer than a half season and you have to put Rondo ahead, oh yeah and he is younger and has a higher ceiling.

Wait so Jameer, who is an athletic freak with, bar none, the most successful jumpshot in the NBA right now, has a smaller window than Rajon Rondo who has already developed at attitude and ego problem?

Meer is an athletic freak bar none? Dude you have lost your mind. He did have the highest FG% for guards but that was half a season. To say a guy is the best shooter in the league cause he was hot early is crazy. 2 weeks before he got hurt his numbers started to decline and i would bet money his FG% goes down because it is not realistic. Meer is still a liability defensively and always will be,he also is not a great passer. Rondo is 10x better defensively, a better passer,rebounder and has improved his jumpshot a lot and is younger. He has more upside plain and simple. As far as the attitude I pointed that out in an earlier post and who really knows how bad it is, but I think Boston has enough veteran players it shouldn't be that big of a problem.