Sign in to follow this  
czarny81

Gortat`s injury

This is what actually happened...

Gortat told coach "Coach, I fake injury in third quater, so ESPN experts can talk more crap about Magic. Also I will be more popular"

i would not worry about an injury in international basketball any minor thing involing an nba player hits the news as the mount of money they earn attracts attention.

when its serious the team managment know pretty much straight away. orlando may pull him out of the tournament to protect him if its bad enough

quote:
Originally posted by deadman54:

i would not worry about an injury in international basketball any minor thing involing an nba player hits the news as the mount of money they earn attracts attention.

when its serious the team managment know pretty much straight away. orlando may pull him out of the tournament to protect him if its bad enough

I don't think Orlando can just pull him out of the tournament, unless he's a ***** like Dirk

quote:
Originally posted by COLOMBIANO:

quote:
Originally posted by deadman54:

I don't think Orlando can just pull him out of the tournament, unless he's a ***** like Dirk

yep they can they own the rights to him in 02 at the world champs new zealand were playing argentina and genobli got sean marks in the eye with his finger he was a back up / lower end of the bench for the heat and they pulled from the team as they owned the rights to him and it hurt us in the finals along with dirk in the bronze medal game

RealGM had an update on Marcin this morning...

quote:

Briefing: by the end of the 3rd quarter of the international game against United Kingdom, Marcin tried to do an alley-oop, but he failed to catch the ball properly and fell straight on his back. He was lying on the floor for some minutes and after this time went to the locker room with the help of his teammate and one of the staff members. Hopefully, as Marcin himself mentioned that "It's nothing serious", there is a belief he just strained his back muscle.

At present, nobody knows whether he will play today against Israel and on Sunday against Turkey. Only thing they know for sure is that Marcin will stay with the Polish national team until EuroBasket 2009 and he is expected to be fully recovered.

Just to let you know - at the end Poland won second straight game after beating Croatia.

The game with Croatia was Gortat's best performance with 22 pts and 13 rbs -

Wow, Gortat with 22 pts. and 13 rebounds and only played 3 quarters...we got ourselves a heck of a back-up center!!!

Here's a link to watch a replay of the game...I couldn't get it to work...

http://sport.tvp.pl/koszykowka...mecz-polskachorwacja

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

RealGM had an update on Marcin this morning...

quote:

Briefing: by the end of the 3rd quarter of the international game against United Kingdom, Marcin tried to do an alley-oop, but he failed to catch the ball properly and fell straight on his back. He was lying on the floor for some minutes and after this time went to the locker room with the help of his teammate and one of the staff members. Hopefully, as Marcin himself mentioned that "It's nothing serious", there is a belief he just strained his back muscle.

At present, nobody knows whether he will play today against Israel and on Sunday against Turkey. Only thing they know for sure is that Marcin will stay with the Polish national team until EuroBasket 2009 and he is expected to be fully recovered.

Just to let you know - at the end Poland won second straight game after beating Croatia.

The game with Croatia was Gortat's best performance with 22 pts and 13 rbs -

Wow, Gortat with 22 pts. and 13 rebounds and only played 3 quarters...we got ourselves a heck of a back-up center!!!

Here's a link to watch a replay of the game...I couldn't get it to work...

http://sport.tvp.pl/koszykowka...mecz-polskachorwacja

it says he injured his back playing against britain...his best game against croatia. come on junkie...

"It has gone down for cloak-room with assistance of masseur and Szymona Szewczyka.

So, Gortat goes down to the cloak room and gets a massage and he feels better? Sounds like Marcin has a little Rick Pitino in him.