Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

With Bass signed do we still want L. Powe?(fresh links)

I was surfing the net and saw this talk about Powe and that the Cavs were most likely looking toward Joe Smith now...started thinking, man, I'd love to get this guy!...Then I thought who knows...maybe since his operation he'll never be the same...on to the links...

quote:

Last week reports surfaced that the Cleveland Cavaliers extended a contract offer to free agent forward Leon Powe.

Reportedly, the offer is still on the table, but with Powe ahead of schedule in his recovery from a torn ACL, it is not a surprise that no word from his camp has come yet about the Cavs

I was surfing the net and saw this talk about Powe and that the Cavs were most likely looking toward Joe Smith now...started thinking, man, I'd love to get this guy!...Then I thought who knows...maybe since his operation he'll never be the same...on to the links...

quote:

Last week reports surfaced that the Cleveland Cavaliers extended a contract offer to free agent forward Leon Powe.

Reportedly, the offer is still on the table, but with Powe ahead of schedule in his recovery from a torn ACL, it is not a surprise that no word from his camp has come yet about the Cavs

I think it would be tough.. Cleveland has a bit more money to offer, and we have less room for him than they do.

He would be AWESOME to have in case of an injury, but between Dwight, Gortat, Bass, Mr. Anderson, not to mention Rashard likely to take time at the 4..

It'd probably take an injury for him to get into the rotation. Which seems nuts to even type out. We would of taken Powe in a HEARTBEAT just last season.

But that goes to show how deep this roster has gotten at every position, except for point guard.

If for some ungodly reason, everyone with the slightest bit of money passes on this guy, it couldn't hurt to offer him the minimum to be our 11th man. I doubt that happens though, unless everyone gets scared off by his injury.

We really dont need him but I rather us take him then Boston or Clevland. But Powe's camp have to be crazy to not take the Cav's offer. Hes already injured and he's still getting offers. He better take the first one he can get. His market value has to be down right now. I don't know what kind of big deal the Powe camp trying to get. I hope not a mid level contract.

quote:
Originally posted by Skywise316:

I think it would be tough.. Cleveland has a bit more money to offer, and we have less room for him than they do.

He would be AWESOME to have in case of an injury, but between Dwight, Gortat, Bass, Mr. Anderson, not to mention Rashard likely to take time at the 4..

It'd probably take an injury for him to get into the rotation. Which seems nuts to even type out. We would of taken Powe in a HEARTBEAT just last season.

But that goes to show how deep this roster has gotten at every position, except for point guard.

If for some ungodly reason, everyone with the slightest bit of money passes on this guy, it couldn't hurt to offer him the minimum to be our 11th man. I doubt that happens though, unless everyone gets scared off by his injury.

Yeah were really deep now. Otis was just looking for 2 more players anyways. Why is the Magic linked to Leon Powe. Otis just wanted a backup pg (hopefully Watson) and a backup center.

heck yea go after him he can sit and fully heal up then trade gortat for draft picks and/or expireing contracts and cash then u will have a fully healthy powe as another big for less money, vet min for one year while he recovers then offer him an extention after the gortat trade

quote:
Originally posted by VCplusD12:

Shaq nearly dies!!

Funniest video EVER!

OMG!!!! LMAO!!!!!!!!

That was the laugh I needed today. WHOOOOOO!!!!

Is that the best you got. Amad Rashad jab step penetration had me ROTF. Shaq couldve killed that shot.

quote:
Originally posted by petey:

heck yea go after him he can sit and fully heal up then trade gortat for draft picks and/or expireing contracts and cash then u will have a fully healthy powe as another big for less money, vet min for one year while he recovers then offer him an extention after the gortat trade

I like this idea! Pick him up to learn the system then when Gortat gets traded we have some what of a suitable "big man" all we need is a somewhat capable center after Gortat is gone.