quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

quote:
Originally posted by echo4papa:

quote:
Originally posted by God hates Magic fans:

Man are cavs fans idiots?

DHEA IS NOT A STEROID!!!

I am incredibly disappointed that people here don't bother to read anything for themselves. Lewis really did not do anything wrong, and is the victim of a horrible drug policy. It really is a shame how his name is being dragged thru the mud over nothing.

It really doesn't matter how horrible you think the drug policy is. If the ****ed thing says no Mountain Dew and Shard is caught drinking Mountain Dew, he is wrong. Period.

more like he's not allowed to drink mountain dew so he drank mountain lightning instead only to be informed later that they're the same thing.

Where does this leave Mellow Yellow drinkers?

quote:
Originally posted by jecMagicMan:

quote:

quote:

quote:

DHEA IS NOT A STEROID!!!

I am incredibly disappointed that people here don't bother to read anything for themselves. Lewis really did not do anything wrong, and is the victim of a horrible drug policy. It really is a shame how his name is being dragged thru the mud over nothing.

It really doesn't matter how horrible you think the drug policy is. If the ****ed thing says no Mountain Dew and Shard is caught drinking Mountain Dew, he is wrong. Period.

more like he's not allowed to drink mountain dew so he drank mountain lightning instead only to be informed later that they're the same thing.

Where does this leave Mellow Yellow drinkers?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQz_s8Yw1Us

quote:

DHEA IS NOT A STEROID!!!

I'd be careful throwing around the term idiot, especially when you yourself are incorrect...

The fact is it does not matter whether DHEA is bad or not. It is against the rules and Shard broke it. Nobody else is getting suspended because they are not as careless as Shard was. The drug is proven to help you recover faster especially when you are older. Is it a huge advantage? Probably not,but it is one and that is why it is banned.

People on this board are are being crazy. If this was any other all-star on another team you would be bashing them. No doubt in my mind at all. The guy makes 118 mil and in this steroid age takes something without checking it? If it doesn't make him a cheater then it makes him an idiot. This is bad for the team, and is not what we need to start the season. I like Shard and do not think he was purposely trying to beat the system. But, he is just as at fault and guilty as someone who was. He brought this on himself and has only himself to blame.

quote:
Originally posted by VaBchMagicFan:

The fact is it does not matter whether DHEA is bad or not. It is against the rules and Shard broke it. Nobody else is getting suspended because they are not as careless as Shard was. The drug is proven to help you recover faster especially when you are older. Is it a huge advantage? Probably not,but it is one and that is why it is banned.

People on this board are are being crazy. If this was any other all-star on another team you would be bashing them. No doubt in my mind at all. The guy makes 118 mil and in this steroid age takes something without checking it? If it doesn't make him a cheater then it makes him an idiot. This is bad for the team, and is not what we need to start the season. I like Shard and do not think he was purposely trying to beat the system. But, he is just as at fault and guilty as someone who was. He brought this on himself and has only himself to blame.

the guy went at it against guys who was double his body mass all season long. Give him some credit, and dont kick the nicest all around player of the team when he is down.

Probably he received the worst punishment against real PF's under the rim. This 10 game suspension will be like a Disneyland vacation to him.

quote:
Originally posted by rtillaree:

quote:

DHEA IS NOT A STEROID!!!

I'd be careful throwing around the term idiot, especially when you yourself are incorrect...

Nothing in the least i've read suggests it's a legitimate steroid.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by rtillaree:

quote:

DHEA IS NOT A STEROID!!!

Nothing in the least i've read suggests it's a legitimate steroid.

According to WebMD it is not a steroid but functions as one and "there is no clear difference between DHEA and Andro" which is a steroid.

Having said that the only things they list as DHEA having a proven or even promising effect on are mild depression, sexual function, the prevention of heart disease, and lupus. I haven't read anything about it being proven to do much of anything else and this article is pretty recent (Nov 2008).

Regardless of whether this is a stupid rule or not, it is a rule, he messed up, he's already taken responsibilty for it. I'm just waiting for the hoards of idiots this season that are going to be talking about how he's a cheater and this team doesn't deserve to win.

quote:
DHEA is a Steroid, But Not All Steroids Are Alike

A "steroid" is merely a generic term for any naturally-occurring chemical molecule containing certain fat-soluble organic compounds in a particular carbon atom configuration. Most meats and some plants contain steroids, and in fact, cholesterol is, by definition, a steroid or steroid precursor, as is vitamin D. Our bodies produce steroids constantly and we ingest them every day from the foods we eat. Although the word "steroid" has recently gotten a bad reputation (particularly from a few professional athletes who apparently misuse illegal or prescription steroids), not all steroids are bad.

Let the punishment fit the crime. It seems a little much to suspend a guy for taking a supplement that can be purchased at GNC. Call me delusional if you want to, but Stern and NBA are not consistent at all. If any one thinks that James would have even received 1 day suspension for the same thing is delusional. Look at Maybury on tape- he was either stoned or completely insane. What has NBA done on that matter?

quote:
Originally posted by Magicfan1961:

Let the punishment fit the crime. It seems a little much to suspend a guy for taking a supplement that can be purchased at GNC. Call me delusional if you want to, but Stern and NBA are not consistent at all. If any one thinks that James would have even received 1 day suspension for the same thing is delusional. Look at Maybury on tape- he was either stoned or completely insane. What has NBA done on that matter?

Not "stoned", more like tweaking, coked out, on angel dust...

But I don't think he is employed with any NBA team, plus he could merely have lost his mind. So the NBA can't exactly punish him for anything.

quote:

quote:

quote:

DHEA IS NOT A STEROID!!!

Not quite. More like it Mountain Dew was on the list of ingredients of Mounting Lightning.

The fact remains, he took a substance banned by the NBA. Not a substance similar to one that was banned, but one that was banned. He should have done his homework and realized that DHEA was in his supplement, but he did not, he popped on a test, and he has to pay the price.

debate the merits of DHEA being on the banned list all you want, it doesn't change the fact that it IS on the list, and he took it.