Sign in to follow this  
KillingInTheNameOf

Rank Da Playa's

quote:
Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:

Anyone who thinks Carter is better than Howard at this point in their careers needs to be removed from the gene pool.

Ah, but the question wasn't who is better. The question was who has the most talent.

Vince still has as much talent as almost anyone in the league.

Dwight is unquestionably the better player, and the one that this team will ride.

But talent? Still gotta go with Vince.

These 2 guys are so far above anyone else on the roster...

quote:
Originally posted by Rob:

quote:
Originally posted by Mr Charisma:

Carter

Howard

Lewis

Nelson

Pietrus

Barnes

Bass

Gortat

Anderson

Redick

Johnson

Wow, I just noticed you picked your players the same way I did. Most of everybody have Redick ranked at 2nd to last.

Toughest part for me was trying to rank Bass/Barnes/Gortat. I wouldn't argue with any order that someone would put those 3 in.

quote:
Originally posted by jecMagicMan:

Having Carter over Howard at this point is utterly retarded.

Not really when you figure Carter is going to give more to the offense than Howard is. Carter will take on the role of Hedo Turkoglu. Now thats a huge role compared to Howard's. He will be another point guard on the floor running plays helping Howard get good looks. Carter is an better all around scorer than Howard is at this point.

Howard in the finals didn't show up at all offensively. 15ppg. The Lakers shut him down. Turkoglu and Lewis was the main players that kept us in the game. Carter is a way better scorer than Turkoglu could ever be. Without Turkoglu in the finals we get swept. Hell we wouldn't even made it to the finals without Turkoglu. Lewis couldn't create his own shots and Howard was getting shutdown at times due to his limited ways to score.

Turkoglu had the toughest part in our offense. Everything goes through him. If he plays bad we had no chance. Good thing we had Alston at times to help us through but a lot of people don't realize how tough Turkoglu part was. He did a good job at times but Carter is the type of player that can get us over the hump. That's why I ranked Carter over Howard. He will mean a lot to us on offense the same way Turkoglu did to us.

Howard's defensive presence is the single most important contribution to this team that any one player makes.

I'm not arguing about Vince's offensive skills. He is by far the superior scorer.

quote:

quote:

quote:

Carter

Howard

Lewis

Nelson

Pietrus

Barnes

Bass

Gortat

Anderson

Redick

Johnson

Wow, I just noticed you picked your players the same way I did. Most of everybody have Redick ranked at 2nd to last.

Toughest part for me was trying to rank Bass/Barnes/Gortat. I wouldn't argue with any order that someone would put those 3 in.

Your right. Same here. Anyone of those guys could be at any of those spots and I'm ok with that as well. The way I set my rankings up was to determine who would be the starting 5. So that's why I chose Pietrus at the 5th spot. Than the rest of the players I just went with who I thought SVG would go to first off the bench and so on.

quote:

Howard in the finals didn't show up at all. 15ppg. The Lakers shut him down.

Yeah, and all they needed was Pau Gasol and Andrew Bynum covering him. With Kobe helping. And Odom playing the baseline.

quote:
Originally posted by jecMagicMan:

Howard's defensive presence is the single most important contribution to this team that any one player makes.

I'm not arguing about Vince's offensive skills. He is by far the superior scorer.

I wasn't clear when I said Howard didn't show up at all. I corrected my post. But I meant to say Howard didn't show up at all OFFENSIVELY.

quote:

quote:

Yeah, and all they needed was Pau Gasol and Andrew Bynum covering him. With Kobe helping. And Odom playing the baseline.

Hey that's Howard fault for his lack of offensive game. If he had a mix of Tim Duncan game with what he have now he would've destroyed Gasol and Bynum. Maybe Olajuwon can help him out on a face up game. He needs to add other ways to score if he can't get his dunks or hook shots going. That's on Dwight.

quote:

quote:

quote:

Hey that's Howard fault for his lack of offensive game. If he had a mix of Tim Duncan game with what he have now he would've destroyed Gasol and Bynum. Maybe Olajuwon can help him out on a face up game. He needs to add other ways to score if he can't get his dunks or hook shots going. That's on Dwight.

Oh man, this is the kind of ignorance I have to battle!

Howard averaged just over 8 FGAs a game in the Finals. That's shot ATTEMPTs. His percentage wasn't great(48%), but that still makes him more efficent scoring wise than anyone else on the team. Also, your point about Duncan is insane. Duncan has topped 24ppg for a season once in his career, and his career FG% is only a hair over 50%. The fact is that Dwight COULD very easily put up 4 extra bad shots a game, have his FG% drop to 50% and be averaging 25ppg. It wouldn't be especially beneficial for the team for him to do that though.

Dwight isn't, at least at the moment, a volume scorer. There is nothing wrong with that. Duncan wasn't ever a volume scorer either; he never needed to be.

For all your talk about how much Hedo scored(3ppg more than Dwight), Trevor Ariza outplayed Hedo in 3 of those games, so the whole emphasis of how great Hedo was was actually pretty muted. Meanwhile, despite "not showing up AT ALL", Dwight ate Bynum's lunch in every game, and abused Pau pretty badly when he wasn't being hounded by the entire Lakers lineup.

The fact is that Dwight IS very much this team's best player and their MVP. The whole lineup doesn't work without him. Without Dwight being the best rebounder since Ben Wallace in his absolute peak, this team gets abused inside on every possession. Badly. Without Dwight's defense, we're giving up an additional 10ppg at least.

Would I like to see Dwight improve on offense? Sure. But discarding everything he does well and focusing solely on what he does not do as well, and then using that as the means by which you trumpet another player in a way that is unjustifiable is crazy.

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

quote:
Originally posted by 135BPM+:

Howard

Carter

Lewis

Nelson

Pietrus

Redick LO mother effin L!

Bass

Gortat