Sign in to follow this  
fecone

with Odom back to the Lakers: how well do we match up?

quote:
Originally posted by fecone:

Odom, Artest, Gasol, Bynum and Bryant? is that even fair

Are you stating that Odom has signed with the Lakers?? Link?

No clue, I wish I had more insight but even on paper it's difficult to judge especially since we were dead even when Jameer was healthy.

I think it's going to come down to how much Dwight has improved.

quote:
Originally posted by Marc Acres 3:16:

No clue, I wish I had more insight but even on paper it's difficult to judge especially since we were dead even when Jameer was healthy.

Well if were are left to speculate......I think Artest and the Lakers as a whole should feel fortunate that we played like Deers spotted in the headlights, and gave them the title!

The Lakers with Artest is overrated, and I can't wait for Artest to start launching the retarded 3's and i'll advised iso's that have recked basically every offensive scheme he has been involved with to date! IMHO!

i think artest will realize he is just a piece to that team and will thrive in it.....he is smarter,a better passer,a better shooter, a better defender than ariza is.....not to mention artest can play s/g s/f or even p/f if needed for spurts.....this is my opinion and i hope i'm wrong

quote:
Originally posted by orlandomagicin09:

quote:
Are you stating that Odom has signed with the Lakers?? Link?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4367213

Excellent, I will feel much better now when we beat them again! As I just stated, they were not unbeatable, we just lacked a the board help and some of the toughness that I know we have signed this year! We are a deeper and better overall team, we just need to execute this season, and don't take any plays off, and we will celebrate In June 2010!

quote:
Originally posted by Marc Acres 3:16:

Your exactly right. I have been saying this that more important than VC,Bass, or Barnes is Dwight becoming a dominant offensive player and more of a leader. Until this happens both LA and Boston are still better in a 7 game series. If Dwight can score 25ppg in the playoffs and make free throws this team could beat a healthy Boston or LA team. Its going to be tough though, don't sleep on the Spurs either. I would not be suprised to see them come out of the West.

quote:
Originally posted by orlandomagicin09:

i think artest will realize he is just a piece to that team and will thrive in it.....he is smarter,a better passer,a better shooter, a better defender than ariza is.....not to mention artest can play s/g s/f or even p/f if needed for spurts.....this is my opinion and i hope i'm wrong

What are you smoking? Artest a better defender than Ariza? Artest is a shell of himself as a defender for the past 2 years now. He will do ok against larger sf's like melo, but will get torched by the quicker more athletic wings in the league. That's where I hope to see our damage done, with carter, pietrus and barnes. Artest for Ariza is a downgrade in my opinion. Ariza is an athletic, quicker and overall much better defender than artest is now. Now houston has the 2 best defender's in the league. Ariza's spot up 3pt shooting is better. He is a much more stable character and is better for team chemistry. He was their 4th best and arguably 3rd best player in the laker's championship and he's ONLY 24! So the laker's give up one of their integral pieces, who has still not hit his full potential, for an unstable, unpredictable headcase who's past his prime and signed him to a 5 year deal, wow.

Houstan couldn't wait to get rid of him, and they were ecstatic that they were able to essentially swap ariza for him, what a steal. You know artest's crazy @ss missed the first couple buses to game seven in the houston LA series and hopped on the executive bus with the owner and team execs with only his underwear on, not to mention his questionable decision making, shot selection and play breaking on the floor.

Ariza helped the laker's win another ring and they threw him away. I guess otis doesn't look as dumb now.