Sign in to follow this  
Nyce_1

Should Amare and Diaw Get Suspended?

I don't think so. I know a rule is a rule, but you can't punish the Suns more than the Spurs for something Horry started. Also, if you suspend the Suns players, you're pretty much taking the series away from them.

Discuss

I don't think so. I know a rule is a rule, but you can't punish the Suns more than the Spurs for something Horry started. Also, if you suspend the Suns players, you're pretty much taking the series away from them.

Discuss

Letter of the law is "yes," but I think the league would be unwise to punish two Suns starters when the only punch thrown was a Horry shoulder-check.

Yes, because rules are rules. If you leave the bench, you get suspended. Amare did a great job of lying. Anybody know that when players are fighting, you can't check into the game. Also I heard on ESPN's First Take from Jalen Rose that during a altercation between Francisco Elson and James Jones(I forgot which game), Tim Duncan left the bench.

I don't think they should. Horry started it, they did not get involved, they did leave the bench, but either walked back or where pushed back, they did not get in the middle of things or touched the other players. It is not fair, that they would get punished for jumping and taking a few steps, it is a natural reaction.

Now if they would have gotten in the middle of it, then maybe. I think Horry should be suspended, everyone else just fined.

It would not be fair for the suns.

But I think the league is going to suspend them all.

All 3 will get suspended. I remember in that Knicks/Heat series several years ago where half of both teams rosters were suspended. Ewing got suspended a game and he was barely on the court. I think he took one step on the court and was just looking around and he got suspended. The NBA has set a precedent and everytime a player has left the bench he was suspended. It wouldn't be fair to the players that have been suspended in the past if the league lets the Suns off the hook.

Diaw caught himself but Stoudemire was clearly looking to get a piece of the action before Ivaroni stepped in and pushed him back to the bench. Amare was one step away from being in Horry's face.

I think Horry should get two games.

A rule is a rule?

quote:
... if the league decides to suspend Diaw and Stoudemire, it may have to suspend Tim Duncan and Bruce Bowen as well.

In a play that went entirely unnoticed until well after the game was over, both Duncan and Bowen actually left San Antonio's bench early in the second quarter after Francisco Elson and James Jones were entangled. Replays clearly show Duncan walking several steps onto the court as Elson and Jones appeared to be ready to get into it. Bowen then followed Duncan onto the floor, grabbed him and led him back to the bench. If the league does indeed follow the letter of the law, both Spurs players would also be suspended for Game 5.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AvKipceKjFvPdYCqc...&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

This outcome should be interesting.

Wow, this could affect who ends up winning this series.

complete and total crap. where is Duncan's suspension? the NBA has turned into a complete joke. I feel so bad for the Suns, especially Nash. He has been abused this series and now his chances of winning are greatly diminishing. what a shame.

Just in from espn:

Horry suspended 2 games

Amare & Diaw suspended 1 game

Duncan & Bowen NOTHING!!!

quote:
Originally posted by Nyce_1:

Just in from espn:

Horry suspended 2 games

Amare & Diaw suspended 1 game

Duncan & Bowen NOTHING!!!

Haha, I called that one! I haven't seen the clip where Duncan and Bowen left the bench so I don't have an opinion on that one yet. Amare clearly was wanting to get a piece of the action before he got shoved away. He definitely deserved a game suspension.