Sign in to follow this  
Blackhennie

Why rush a PG, when we have this... Smoking Update 07/30

hey isnt steve francis is a free agent lol maybe the franchise will sign for the league min ....talk about chemistry killer

I just watched that youtube video of barnes and there wasnt a single clip that showed him 'ball handling' unless there was an unhindered lane to the basket, he might have taken 10 dribbles that whole clip. I didnt see any defensive plays by him either...it showed every single three pointer he has ever made though! he was the recipient of a nice alley oop pass towards the mid-end though...

Youtube is tricky, you can make the most mediocre players look great. I am hopeful he turns out well for us...he still reminds me of a poor man's pietrus. with worse defense. and shooting. atleast he is cheap without a long term commitment

quote:
Originally posted by Blackhennie:

quote:
Originally posted by PEC:

quote:
Originally posted by Blackhennie:

Here is a line up that has not been talked about. Matt barnes at point-forward, if needed (If nelson went down)...We used a similar line up last year with turk/lee but I feel carter/barnes is better... I feel that a lot of people don't realize how skilled barnes is as a player...

A foreseeable line up we could use is

D12

Lewis

Barnes (point-forward)

Carter (backup handler)

MP

What are your thoughts?

Check his handle in this video... He has played some point-forward with the warrior... and started guard with the suns... He has handle with both right and left hand and he is mainly a lefty... Barnes is also a very good passer...

Barnes Video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_OosSMj50Y

Barnes as a pg you are joking and if not what have you been smoking. BTW is that before his first T or after. Just wondering.

Any 3rd pg would be better even Marcus Williams oops he has been signed well there are several D-League pg's out there better then Barnes.

me and your mom smoked some pcp to dream of a comment to reply back to you, but we got side tracked... sorry...

btw... d league players would not be consisted for a starting job on our team but barnes is because he has the talent level to do so...

barnes played some point-foward with the warriors and played guard with the suns... As much a people talk about jj playing point, barnes has much more of a chance and has done so... Barnes would play playmaker before jj...

Just my opinion...

But we are still smoking so I got to go... Ill tell your mom you said hey...

My mom's dead so lay off that garbage.

Remember we are talking about 3rd option and Barnes fails that test every day almost any D-League player would be better then Barnes if needed.

Plus as already noted there are several players such as VC who can handle the ball better then Barnes and should.

quote:
Originally posted by emory889:

Taking the ball out of the hands of 4 allstars in order to give a roleplayer a much larger role in the offense doesn't make any sense to me. We have enough playmakers without relying on Matt Barnes to set up the offense.

I agree with this.

And Vince doesn't have to be off ball to make plays. He played PG for the Nets a little bit. Most SGs can play point. (Pietrus is a SF, who is capable of SF not PG).

But I'd also rather develop JJ into a PG than have Barnes play Point Forward/PG. Especially seeing as Barnes is a new guy here. Plus I never really saw him as a ballhandler at all...

barnes has been traded 7 times. thats right 7. now tell me how a guy like that can have much of an impact, much less start for a team that can go to the finals. he and jj will become best friends because they will have a great time watching the magic play. maybe even go up in the stands and sit with bj on occasion. jacklj

quote:
Originally posted by jack l j:

barnes has been traded 7 times. thats right 7. now tell me how a guy like that can have much of an impact, much less start for a team that can go to the finals. he and jj will become best friends because they will have a great time watching the magic play. maybe even go up in the stands and sit with bj on occasion. jacklj

You're a fool.

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

quote:

You're a fool.

And what did that make you responding to his post ROFLMAO.

quote:

quote:

quote:

You're a fool.

what?

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

quote:

quote:

quote:

You're a fool.

what?

Don't even bother man...