Sign in to follow this  
Big

would detroiit do this trade?

I've been mulling this idea for a few days, tell me what you think.

The Magic offer Garitty, our 2008 first round pick and 2007 second for Nazr Mohammed and our 2007 first back.

Detroit wants to unload Nazr's contract for cap space to resign Billups, the player they can least afford to lose. Pat's expiring contract might be appealing to them.

We could then package Nazr in a sign and trade for Vince/Gerald/Rashard. He would be more desireable than Pat in a trade.

With our first pick we then select Javaris Crittenton, this gives us the big point guard for the future.

The end result would give us an answer to to our biggest needs this off season.

The Magic offer Garitty, our 2008 first round pick and 2007 second for Nazr Mohammed and our 2007 first back.

Detroit wants to unload Nazr's contract for cap space to resign Billups, the player they can least afford to lose. Pat's expiring contract might be appealing to them.

We could then package Nazr in a sign and trade for Vince/Gerald/Rashard. He would be more desireable than Pat in a trade.

With our first pick we then select Javaris Crittenton, this gives us the big point guard for the future.

Pat Garitty doesn't have any value at all, I doubt that Detroit take this bait. I'd rather trade Carlos and one second draft pick for Nazr and keep the 2008 first draft pick. Nazr is a very good big man and only cost us around $6m per year.

quote:
Originally posted by n_cruz69:

Detroit would never trade for Arroyo...I mean, they did throw him in the darko trade

What is wrong with you?

Do you take your medicines today?

Nobody mention Arroyo here except you.

Originally posted by Rodriguez:

quote:
I'd rather trade Carlos and one second draft pick for Nazr and keep the 2008 first draft pick.

Detroit already has the capspace to sign Billups to a max contract. Garrity wouldn't help them anyways because his contract doesn't come off the books until next summer, well after Billups is signed. This years first round pick will be considerably more valuable than next years pick because of the incredibly deep talent in this years draft. In short, there is no reason for Detroit to make this trade.

Emory, I have to disagree with you. Detroit's salary stats show them at 57 million for next year with Billups at 6.8 million if he hadn't opted out. If he signs a max deal for 16 million and they sign 2 first round picks along with resigning Amir Johnson they'll be looking at a salary structure at well over 70 million.

quote:
Originally posted by Big:

I really doubt we even do it. Nazr and our 1st round pick would eat up even more salary.

quote:

Emory, I have to disagree with you. Detroit's salary stats show them at 57 million for next year with Billups at 6.8 million if he hadn't opted out. If he signs a max deal for 16 million and they sign 2 first round picks along with resigning Amir Johnson they'll be looking at a salary structure at well over 70 million.

You can go over the CAP to sign your own FAs, and you can always sign your draft picks, regardless of your CAP situation. Yes, they'll likely be playing more luxury tax next year than some states, but they can resign everyone. It'll just crash down on them 2-3 years down the line when they're stuck in huge money deals and can't escape them.

^^^^^

I don' mean to be condesending but I'm aware that you can exceed the cap. Detroit will be paying a tax of approx, 15 million which the owner might not care for.

quote:

^^^^^

I don' mean to be condesending but I'm aware that you can exceed the cap. Detroit will be paying a tax of approx, 15 million which the owner might not care for.

The luxury tax isn't set at the same level as the CAP, so it'd likely be less than 15 million. For it to be 15 million, their salary would likely have to be in the neighborhood of 83 million next season(depending on where the CAP and tax level are set). Assuming a 75 million dollar salary, and that the tax level rises the same amount it did last year, they'd only be at about a 7 million dollar tax, not 15.