quote:
Originally posted by Kberto:

This is what I think will happen

Nelson

Carter

Pietrus

Lewis

Dwight

Everyone creams themselves with this Pietrus as the 6th man stuff, but he was the starter in the beginning of the year before he started getting injured every time he tried to dunk.

That just might happen.

quote:
Originally posted by Darth Evil Dead:

I think our starting line up could be

Gortat

Anderson

Barnes

Peaches

Watson

That line up could be an 8th seed in the east with just those players starting.

LOL, that may be pushing it a little bit.

I just really cant see Lewis starting at PF. I can see stretches or match up problems when we would put him at PF during the games...but I just dont see him starting at PF. Here is the thing...if Lewis starts at PF, that means Anderson will rack up the DNP's this year. Basically Anderson will be warming the Bench, and we wasted our time even bringing him on our team. You see if Lewis starts at PF..the the first PF off the bench to replace Lewis would be Bass. We paid him 4 mil a year, so Bass is going to get alot of minutes. Then we also paid Gortat all that money, and there will be times this year that Gortat and Howard will be on the floor at the same time. So that basically puts Anderson behind Lewis, Bass, and Gortat for playing time..making Anderson a non factor for the season.

But

If Lewis starts at the SF...that would put Bass at the starting PF spot and Anderson would be the first PF off the bench to back up Bass. With Gortat coming in and playing some minutes at PF behind Bass and Anderson. Barnes and Peaches will share back up minutes behind Lewis and Carter at the SF and SG spot. JJ will ride the pine...and most likely traded sometime during the year. Watson will back up Nelson, and AJ will be behind them.

quote:

I just really cant see Lewis starting at PF. I can see stretches or match up problems when we would put him at PF during the games...but I just dont see him starting at PF. Here is the thing...if Lewis starts at PF, that means Anderson will rack up the DNP's this year. Basically Anderson will be warming the Bench, and we wasted our time even bringing him on our team. You see if Lewis starts at PF..the the first PF off the bench to replace Lewis would be Bass. We paid him 4 mil a year, so Bass is going to get alot of minutes. Then we also paid Gortat all that money, and there will be times this year that Gortat and Howard will be on the floor at the same time. So that basically puts Anderson behind Lewis, Bass, and Gortat for playing time..making Anderson a non factor for the season.

But

If Lewis starts at the SF...that would put Bass at the starting PF spot and Anderson would be the first PF off the bench to back up Bass. With Gortat coming in and playing some minutes at PF behind Bass and Anderson. Barnes and Peaches will share back up minutes behind Lewis and Carter at the SF and SG spot. JJ will ride the pine...and most likely traded sometime during the year. Watson will back up Nelson, and AJ will be behind them.

I agree

If we have pf that can shoot and rebound, why not use them?

I'm not sure but I can guarantee you one thing... with this many options SVG is going to be second guessed all season long on starters/bench & rotations!!

quote:
Originally posted by BigBoy:

I'm not sure but I can guarantee you one thing... with this many options SVG is going to be second guessed all season long on starters/bench & rotations!!

he'll be like a kid in the candy store

quote:

I just really cant see Lewis starting at PF. I can see stretches or match up problems when we would put him at PF during the games...but I just dont see him starting at PF. Here is the thing...if Lewis starts at PF, that means Anderson will rack up the DNP's this year. Basically Anderson will be warming the Bench, and we wasted our time even bringing him on our team.

I disagree only due to the fact that Anderson can also play the sf position. If Lewis starts at the 4 with Bass giving him a breather off the bench, I can see Anderson being the primary backup to Barnes with Pietrus being the primary backup for VC. I am with you on starting the game with a traditional lineup though. Bass doesn't shoot the 3 but he has a nice mid-range jumper and brings much needed rebounding/shot blocking to the position.

I'd like to see the depth like this to start the season:

PG: Nelson/Free Agent PG/Johnson

SG: Carter/Pietrus/Redick

SF: Lewis/Barnes

PF: Bass/Anderson

C: Howard/Gortat

quote:
Originally posted by WestCoastMagicFan:

This is how I would want it when we play teams like the Pistons, Spurs, Lakers, and Celtics:

PG: Nelson

SG: Carter

SF: Lewis

PF: Bass

C: Howard

SG: Pietrus

SF: Barnes

C: Gortat

PF: Anderson

PG: Watson (If they get him)

SG: Redick

PG: Anthony Johnson

How I'd want it when we play teams like the Cavs, Mavericks, and Hornets:

PF: Lewis

SF: Pietrus

PG: Watson

SF: Anderson

PG: Johnson

Agree!

quote:
Originally posted by Charlston Campos:

quote:
Originally posted by WestCoastMagicFan:

This is how I would want it when we play teams like the Pistons, Spurs, Lakers, and Celtics:

SF: Lewis

SG: Pietrus

PF: Anderson

PG: Watson (If they get him)

PG: Anthony Johnson

How I'd want it when we play teams like the Cavs, Mavericks, and Hornets:

PF: Lewis

SF: Pietrus

PG: Watson

SF: Anderson

PG: Johnson

Agree!

maybe during the playoffs but during the regular season it will be one line up...

Nelson / CJ / AJ

Carter / Barnes / JJ

Pietrus / Barnes / Lewis

Lewis / Bass / Anderson

Howard / Gortat

I think it will be good for chemistry if we keep 4 of the last years starters and Vince. I really dont expect to see two new faces in starting lineup comes opening night of the season. But things could change couple weeks in.

quote:
Originally posted by random:

Nelson / CJ / AJ

Carter / Barnes / JJ

Pietrus / Barnes / Lewis

Lewis / Bass / Anderson

Howard / Gortat

I think it will be good for chemistry if we keep 4 of the last years starters and Vince. I really dont expect to see two new faces in starting lineup comes opening night of the season. But things could change couple weeks in.

with the team having summer camp and the nelson get away, it dont think chemistry will be a problem...