Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

Sign-n-trade Barnes for J.J. and call it a summer Otis(check rumor pg.17)

quote:
Originally posted by Give Me Redick All Day:

quote:
Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:

Honestly, the knowledge some of you people exist is a burden on my soul.

Life sucks, then you die. Too bad no one will miss you when you do.

Ya see, other people can be crass as well. You don't have the market cornered on that game, my friend.

BASKETBALL IZ SERIOUS BIZNESS!!!1111!!!!11one!!!

Insufferably stupid people don't bother you in the slightest? I'm assuming their mentality stretches beyond the world of basketball. I guess I'm jumping to conclusions.

THIZ IZ SIRIUS OK?

quote:
Originally posted by IronMaiden:

How many on this board are like me? Which is indifferent to Redick. Seems like everyone is either a huge supporter or huge hater. I couldn't care less either way what we do with him. If he sticks around and plays some backup minutes, fine. If we trade or cut him, fine. I think our team is good enough to where....JJ Redick doesn't matter.

+1

BUT....

If Reddick gets traded and all these JJ jock riders leave I cant say I wont be happy.

quote:
Originally posted by jecMagicMan:

quote:

quote:

Ya see, other people can be crass as well. You don't have the market cornered on that game, my friend.

Insufferably stupid people don't bother you in the slightest? I'm assuming their mentality stretches beyond the world of basketball. I guess I'm jumping to conclusions.

THIZ IZ SIRIUS OK?

I used to work with mentally incapable children when I was in high school; if I can handle them without wanting to blow my brains out, then I think I can handle a few idiots online.

People like DoM, who I'm assuming aren't that high-strung in real life, shouldn't be able to get away with making crass comments while others get chastised.

You are entitled to your opinion, (generally speaking here) and if it's disagreeable, you shouldn't be labeled a moron for it.

Sirius indeed...

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

THIZ IZ SIRIUS OK?

I used to work with mentally incapable children when I was in high school; if I can handle them without wanting to blow my brains out, then I think I can handle a few idiots online.

People like DoM, who I'm assuming aren't that high-strung in real life, shouldn't be able to get away with making crass comments while others get chastised.

You are entitled to your opinion, (generally speaking here) and if it's disagreeable, you shouldn't be labeled a moron for it.

Sirius indeed...

Who has been getting chastised? Enlighten me.

Siriusly

quote:

Ah, but I never called you a moron.

I pointed out that your entire opinion(which at no point did I say you were not entitled to) was based on incredibly stupid, ignorant, faulty logic and within failed to accommodate for an even basic understanding of the most fundamental of mathematical principles.

Player fans always seem to do this: you complain about how everyone is entitled to their opinion(which they are), but then act outraged whenever someone dares to question or criticize your opinion. It's a message board. You post your opinion for others to view. They respond. That's how it's SUPPOSED to work. If you think your opinion makes sense, state why.

Honestly, the fact that you're posting about how crass my 37 post was, despite the fact that you haven't coherently addressed a single point I've made in the thread, makes your argument look that much worse.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

THIZ IZ SIRIUS OK?

Sirius indeed...

Siriusly

Being labeled as a "burden to the soul" because you express your opinion is NOT being chastised? That's being criticized pretty severely, don't you think? I mean, i get the joke, but this isn't the first time...

I mean, I could look in the archives for more zingers, better ones at that, but I simply don't care that much.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

THIZ IZ SIRIUS OK?

Sirius indeed...

Siriusly

Being labeled as a "burden to the soul" because you express your opinion is NOT being chastised? That's being criticized pretty severely, don't you think? I mean, i get the joke, but this isn't the first time...

I mean, I could look in the archives for more zingers, better ones at that, but I simply don't care that much.

I don't care either. lulz

quote:
Originally posted by Bucktown:

quote:

How many on this board are like me? Which is indifferent to Redick. Seems like everyone is either a huge supporter or huge hater. I couldn't care less either way what we do with him. If he sticks around and plays some backup minutes, fine. If we trade or cut him, fine. I think our team is good enough to where....JJ Redick doesn't matter.

+1

BUT....

If Reddick gets traded and all these JJ jock riders leave I cant say I wont be happy.

Just to be clear. I never followed JJ while at Duke because lets face it, my game is the pro game. I started being a JJ fan when people on this board started hating on a MAGIC player who through no fault of his own was drafted as a shooter to keep the floor spread. He was then not allowed to play because all of a sudden the Magic realized he couldn't play defense (surprise.) Well the kid improves so much that he actually got us rolling with his shooting in the Boston series and had improved so much that to top it of he played a prolific scorer like Ray Allen into a deadlock. Still he gets no credit. Here is how I see it. The Magic keep JJ because they see someone who hasn't quit on them. A player who is doing what is necessary to improve his game every year that he has been here. The biggest reason he is here is that JJ is a fiery emotional leader type of player that are very hard to come by. It's hard to care when you make millions every year. So while the bashing continues I will stick up for a MAGIC player that I hope continues to improve and contribute to our team. I am after all a fan of the team and not just one player. Hell, dollar for dollar JJ is a huge improvement over Rashard.

quote:

quote:

Ah, but I never called you a moron.

I pointed out that your entire opinion(which at no point did I say you were not entitled to) was based on incredibly stupid, ignorant, faulty logic and within failed to accommodate for an even basic understanding of the most fundamental of mathematical principles.

Player fans always seem to do this: you complain about how everyone is entitled to their opinion(which they are), but then act outraged whenever someone dares to question or criticize your opinion. It's a message board. You post your opinion for others to view. They respond. That's how it's SUPPOSED to work. If you think your opinion makes sense, state why.

Honestly, the fact that you're posting about how crass my 37 post was, despite the fact that you haven't coherently addressed a single point I've made in the thread, makes your argument look that much worse.

Eloquence does not a credible argument make.

I already rescinded my previous figure of 15 points a game by saying at 15 minutes a game, with maybe 5-8 touches, scoring 10 points (not all FIELD GOALS, but trips to the line as well... which Redick as been fairly good at doing), and gathering 3 assists, and a steal and a couple rebounds would be more than sufficient.

Plus I never said you called ME a moron, but in the past you have made similar blanket statements to other posters for stating their opinions.

I said you were crass, to which I replied in a crass way as well. It's fun.

And I NEVER said we had to TAILOR the offense to him, I just said that we should run some plays FOR him. There's a difference. Why would it hurt to run some pick-and-pop shots, or some back-door screens, specifically for Redick when our 2nd unit is in there?

He hasn't been given a proper chance, and if we could instill some confidence in him by playing to his strengths a FEW times a game, not for the WHOLE game, then I can't see how that's a bad thing.

It's not like our starters can't come back in when things get stagnant and pick up the slack... Hell, we're gonna have 4 All-Stars in the same starting lineup. IO think they can handle the lulls in the offense.

quote:
Originally posted by Guardian:

quote:

quote:

+1

BUT....

Just to be clear. I never followed JJ while at Duke because lets face it, my game is the pro game. I started being a JJ fan when people on this board started hating on a MAGIC player who through no fault of his own was drafted as a shooter to keep the floor spread. He was then not allowed to play because all of a sudden the Magic realized he couldn't play defense (surprise.) Well the kid improves so much that he actually got us rolling with his shooting in the Boston series and had improved so much that to top it of he played a prolific scorer like Ray Allen into a deadlock. Still he gets no credit. Here is how I see it. The Magic keep JJ because they see someone who hasn't quit on them. A player who is doing what is necessary to improve his game every year that he has been here. The biggest reason he is here is that JJ is a fiery emotional leader type of player that are very hard to come by. It's hard to care when you make millions every year. So while the bashing continues I will stick up for a MAGIC player that I hope continues to improve and contribute to our team. I am after all a fan of the team and not just one player. Hell, dollar for dollar JJ is a huge improvement over Rashard.

I was with you up until the lewis comment... Lewis is the reason we can play small ball and is an very important all-star piece to the team...

But jj has worked hard and has improved... He needs to put it all together during the season and the playoffs.

quote:
Originally posted by Blackhennie:

quote:
Originally posted by Guardian:

quote:

quote:

+1

BUT....

I was with you up until the lewis comment... Lewis is the reason we can play small ball and is an very important all-star piece to the team...

But jj has worked hard and has improved... He needs to put it all together during the season and the playoffs.

Yeah you're right. Can I retract the last sentence? I actually love Rashard although he is soft as hell. Go Magic!!!