quote:
Originally posted by DontPushMe:

quote:
Originally posted by Nyce_1:

quote:
Originally posted by echo4papa:

quote:
Originally posted by Nyce_1:

why not S&T Arroyo for Watson? Givs GS that "true PG" that can play alongside Ellis and "mentor" Curry.

Sort of defeats the purpose GS has as far as letting him go.

They want to open up a roster spot, and they have a glutton of PG's. I doubt they would want one in return.

well, looking at their roster, they don't have a pass-first PG; something their fans have said they need to diversify their rotation. All the PGs (not counting an unhealthy Claxton) on their roster, are shoot-first guards.

Just throwing out options...

when did arroyo become a pass first point gaurd? did you just start following the magic?

i really hope otis finds a way to get this guy here, you can never have enough young talented players who really really want to be here

just do a S&T, give up a pick... give him 3 years 6 mil and take a long break

Agreed. Watson's attitude and skills are worth giving up a pick, that's for sure. This team is not in the rebuilding stage, we need to solidify our core with players who can contribute now. Besides, other than Courtney, our draft picks have been very disappointing for the last several years.

Looks like it's just about time to remove this sticky and for Otis to find us a different target for back-up point guard...

quote:

Point Guard Fodder

By Marcus Thompson

Friday, July 24th, 2009 at 7:05 pm

So, I talked to Speedy Claxton today. He has every intention of coming to training camp and trying to earn a spot. He said he is healthy and ready to go after playing just two games the last two years.

Why does this matter? The Warriors have to move someone now.

With Speedy injured, insurance would have covered 80 percent of the $5.2 million he

Why don't we just try for Speedy Claxton then? A couple of seasons ago when he was healthy, he was a borderline starter/2nd stringer and pretty good.

It might be worth the risk and his value's gotta be low as hell, plus it seems like GS is more willing to move him. I feel bad for C.J. Watson because he deserves better than to be a 3rd PG, but it is what it is.

(mostly posting to get this thread off of 666 replies! Creepy.)

quote:
Originally posted by Miller4Prez64:

But I thought there was no way GS would want to keep Watson with all those PGs?!

Miller, I wanna give you props man...when this thread first started I remember you being just about the only one who was posting vehemently that Golden State would match.

Good call...