Sign in to follow this  
PEC

Magic Need Backup PG, Unless Y'all Prefer AJ!!

quote:
Originally posted by bballfan110:

quote:
Originally posted by Rafius:

quote:
Originally posted by jecMagicMan:

then - 1. at the time; 2. immediately or soon after; 3. in addition; also

than - 1. (used, as after comparative adjectives and adverbs, to introduce the second member of an unequal comparison): She's taller than I am.

2.(used after some adverbs and adjectives expressing choice or diversity, such as other, otherwise, else, anywhere, or different, to introduce an alternative or denote a difference in kind, place, style, identity, etc.): I had no choice other than that. You won't find such freedom anywhere else than in this country.

3. (used to introduce the rejected choice in expressions of preference): I'd rather walk than drive there.

4. except (not accept PEC)

Courtesy of dictionary.reference.com

Why the English lesson? Who is it for? Just curious. I thought this was a basketball forum. There's nothing we can do about broken english and bad grammar.

I agree

i think it is for pec because of smackdaddy

quote:
Originally posted by Da_Coach:

quote:
Originally posted by PEC:

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by M4G1C:

are you new? people have been saying/talking about this for a while now..also there are no available pg's good enough to get starter minutes if meer goes down again. you could certainly find a 3rd string pg or maybe someone who could compete for the backup pg spot. but there is definitely nobody good enough on the free agent market to start.

Right now we have Nelson to start I am talking about a player who can back him up better then AJ.

So you don't really see anyone out their that could do that better then AJ.

Plus I have noticed several threads talking about players that would just add to overcrowding not to area's where the Magic need help now.

So please point out to me about the thread talking about filling the backup pg slot. ....

That's right there isn't any it's all about wing men instead of a dire need for the Magic and that being PG.

Here's 3

Discussion 1

Discussion 2

Discussion 3

There's plenty more, but I think these should get the point across.

quote:
Originally posted by PEC: First one does not refer to pg

Quote from Discussion 1 thread starters intro comments "But to fill out the roster, Orlando is looking for a third point guard"

quote:
Originally posted by PEC: Second one refers to wingman plenty of those threads.

Quote from Discussion 2 thread starters intro comments "I know they want another point guard" And the title is "Ya'll sure we're looking for a wing? Vince says...(link)" As in are you sure we're looking for a wing? Maybe its a backup point guard we need? That would be the implication of the statement.

quote:
Originally posted by PEC: Third one does not refer to pg, but is covering everything.

Quote from Discussion 3 thread starters intro comments "We have roughly 1.8 million in MLE money left". "How about a back up point guard?"

quote:
Originally posted by PEC: So where are those threads referring to backup pg?

The last time I checked the Magic (as in Otis) said that he was working on finding a good pg to backup Nelson.

So who do y'all think he is after??

Sorry to all others for having to spell this out so meticulously, but the point is there are plenty of threads that were already created discussing the subject of a backup point guard, whether there were additionnal points of discussion in those threads doesn't mean that there are no threads out there "referring to backup pg" like you claim we are without.

End of discussion, I will not engage in a needless back and forth any longer on this matter, the evidence has been outlined.

Everyone is free to decide on their own.

Actually, the real point is that you are not a mod, and your only reason for entering this discussion was to enter into an agitating discussion with PEC.

Geez, we're dealing with a bunch of 6 year olds.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by magicfreak#1:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

are you new? people have been saying/talking about this for a while now..also there are no available pg's good enough to get starter minutes if meer goes down again. you could certainly find a 3rd string pg or maybe someone who could compete for the backup pg spot. but there is definitely nobody good enough on the free agent market to start.

Right now we have Nelson to start I am talking about a player who can back him up better then AJ.

Plus I have noticed several threads talking about players that would just add to overcrowding not to area's where the Magic need help now.

So please point out to me about the thread talking about filling the backup pg slot. ....

That's right there isn't any it's all about wing men instead of a dire need for the Magic and that being PG.

Here's 3

Discussion 1

Discussion 2

Discussion 3

LOL i was going to post those exact threads. i laughed when she said there wasn't any and tried to make me look dumb. i also love how she started this thread by saying we needed another pg to backup nelson or take his spot if he gets hurt. then when i mention that there is nobody available that is good enough to get starter minutes if meer goes down again, she backtracks and says she's only talking about a backup...

quote:
Originally posted by Eyriq:

I'm going with a Dark Horse in this race; JJ Redick. His AST% increased from 10.3% to 15.4% in the playoffs, and in the playoffs two years ago he had a 29% AST%. He moves well with the ball and the fact that his defender has to hug him so tight he can get his passes by his man and to the open guy. I've always thought that he was one of our better post entry passers.

jj has the passing ability and court vision to be a point guard but he does not have the ball handling quite down yet. if he works on that i wouldn't mind him being a pg

What??? No, JJ can't play defense at the point. You need to be able to stop the ball, and play on ball defense, he dosen't do that well. If he, by some miracle, could do that then he would already be logging many minutes at point, with some kind of triangle offense.

Where were you last year, because that is just what he did. Just check how many assists he handed out when in the playoffs and his defense didn't suffer.

I watched all of the games, DUDE, and yea JJ got a few seconds at PG when C lee covered the PG on defense it didn't work out so well. I am not ripping JJ he did an admirable job during the playoffs, even kept us in a game or two when others wernt clicking, but he CAN'T, and Never has been able to play "on Ball defense." He did play actually very good D on Ray Allen by chaseing him around and through screens.

What games were you watching??? JJ never D'd up on Derik Fischer, or Rhondo, Mo williams, A miller???

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Here's 3

Discussion 1

Discussion 2

Discussion 3

LOL i was going to post those exact threads. i laughed when she said there wasn't any and tried to make me look dumb. i also love how she started this thread by saying we needed another pg to backup nelson or take his spot if he gets hurt. then when i mention that there is nobody available that is good enough to get starter minutes if meer goes down again, she backtracks and says she's only talking about a backup...

quote:
Originally posted by Eyriq:

I'm going with a Dark Horse in this race; JJ Redick. His AST% increased from 10.3% to 15.4% in the playoffs, and in the playoffs two years ago he had a 29% AST%. He moves well with the ball and the fact that his defender has to hug him so tight he can get his passes by his man and to the open guy. I've always thought that he was one of our better post entry passers.

jj has the passing ability and court vision to be a point guard but he does not have the ball handling quite down yet. if he works on that i wouldn't mind him being a pg

What??? No, JJ can't play defense at the point. You need to be able to stop the ball, and play on ball defense, he dosen't do that well. If he, by some miracle, could do that then he would already be logging many minutes at point, with some kind of triangle offense.

Where were you last year, because that is just what he did. Just check how many assists he handed out when in the playoffs and his defense didn't suffer.

I watched all of the games, DUDE, and yea JJ got a few seconds at PG when C lee covered the PG on defense it didn't work out so well. I am not ripping JJ he did an admirable job during the playoffs, even kept us in a game or two when others wernt clicking, but he CAN'T, and Never has been able to play "on Ball defense." He did play actually very good D on Ray Allen by chaseing him around and through screens.

What games were you watching??? JJ never D'd up on Derik Fischer, or Rhondo, Mo williams, A miller???

I agree

jj has improved on defense but not to the level of guarding pgs...

Yeah im also for bringin Arroyo back. I cant speak for anyone else but when we had the Nelson/Arroyo pg rotation, i really like that. Yeah they made mistakes and both were inconsistent at times but that happens. With Arroyo knowing that Nelson is the starter and theres no changing that, i think he will accept his role and help us win a championship being a backup pg for us.

quote:
Originally posted by Rob:

Yeah im also for bringin Arroyo back. I cant speak for anyone else but when we had the Nelson/Arroyo pg rotation, i really like that. Yeah they made mistakes and both were inconsistent at times but that happens. With Arroyo knowing that Nelson is the starter and theres no changing that, i think he will accept his role and help us win a championship being a backup pg for us.

I am ok with arroyo but some of his fans can go over the top with things... Nelson would be the clear starter and arroyo fans would still want him to start... but I like arroyo as a back up...

I also wouldn't mind lutherhead or flip to come in... they can play come sg...

quote:
Originally posted by Blackhennie:

quote:
Originally posted by bballfan110:

quote:
Originally posted by Rafius:

quote:
Originally posted by jecMagicMan:

then - 1. at the time; 2. immediately or soon after; 3. in addition; also

than - 1. (used, as after comparative adjectives and adverbs, to introduce the second member of an unequal comparison): She's taller than I am.

2.(used after some adverbs and adjectives expressing choice or diversity, such as other, otherwise, else, anywhere, or different, to introduce an alternative or denote a difference in kind, place, style, identity, etc.): I had no choice other than that. You won't find such freedom anywhere else than in this country.

3. (used to introduce the rejected choice in expressions of preference): I'd rather walk than drive there.

4. except (not accept PEC)

Courtesy of dictionary.reference.com

Why the English lesson? Who is it for? Just curious. I thought this was a basketball forum. There's nothing we can do about broken english and bad grammar.

I agree

i think it is for pec because of smackdaddy

It is for PEC because she needs to learn how to use then/than. I have no idea who smackdaddy is, but that probably works as well.