Sign in to follow this  
ERocka

Gortat Interview on 1080 am today

quote:
Originally posted by God hates Magic fans:

he'll have to get some minutes at PF for sure, as long as he can develop a mid range shot, he can play with Dwight.

He will have to have a proven, in game shot that can be respected from that range, in order to displace the banger Bass....the question will come down to that, who brings the most to that position!!! I think its Bass.

quote:
Originally posted by ThuglifeJ:

Love Gortat's Attitude!!! F agents...

If we start him at PF, wont he be tired when having to take over Center when Dwight goes out?

poor Ryan..

Id say start Gortat on the bench. Give him 10 minutes backing up Center, 10-15 at PF.

Love his attittue also. If I just got about a 5 Mill raise, the first thing on my mind wouldn't be playing time or improving. I'd be thinking about how to spend the money. It sounds like he really wants to become a great player.

quote:
Originally posted by chosen12:

quote:
Originally posted by God hates Magic fans:

he'll have to get some minutes at PF for sure, as long as he can develop a mid range shot, he can play with Dwight.

He will have to have a proven, in game shot that can be respected from that range, in order to displace the banger Bass....the question will come down to that, who brings the most to that position!!! I think its Bass.

Gortat and Dwight together, defensively, will be an inpenetrable wall of doom

My inside source guy, who hears a lot about the system we want to run, said Gortat allows us to play match-up basketball. We now have:

Small Lineup:

Meer

Vince

Pietrus

Shard

Dwight

Traditional:

Meer

Vince

Shard

Bass

Dwight

Big:

Meer

Vince

Shard

Gortat

Dwight

We are one of the few teams now that can run a big lineup now. It seems right now everyone is trying to counter our small lineup, well now we're one step ahead.

I was thinking about it, and correct me if I'm wrong, but there was only 1 team that could play large or small last year: The Los Angeles Lakers. And they didn't have a traditional PF, so we're one up on them.

And now Odom, their key to playing that way, may be leaving.

I am know excited again about next season, i admit I was stressen for the last 2 week's about loosing so many key players, but I think now with adding bass and resigning gortat, were back in the hunt.

imo, if we could add a backup point, and fill the roster with good summer league players, were done.

Rev, if you want to go with a big lineup, it would be:

PG - carter

SG - pietrus

SF - rashard

PF - gortat

C - dwight

that lineup would be unguardable. vince actually played PG in new jersey when kidd or harris was injured.

So many games are won in the frontcourt, AS LONG AS there is a solid backcourt player.

We had a top 5 frontcourt last year, but after Meer went down, lacked punch in our backcourt. We now have a top 5 frontcourt AND a top 5 backcourt.

Eh, I'm glad Gortat wants to work for a starting spot. That's good for him and the team. I still think our best frontcourt option is Howard/Bass starting and Gortat/Anderson playing backup. We can always put Gortat in at PF with Howard during the game, and mix and match to see what really works in different situations. Who knows, if it really clicks we could go with Marcin/Dwight for our starting lineup later in the season and in the playoffs. It's certainly nice to have options like this though. I can't complain at all. Otis has completely rocked my world so far this off-season.