Sign in to follow this  
ERocka

Gortat Interview on 1080 am today

Recap of what Marcin had to say:

Starts out he's happy to be back.

Just wanted to play bigger minutes, no knock on Orlando.

Hopefully we will win the Finals this year.

Thinks he can improve, and he wants to prove he's better than some of the other players on the team.

It's crazy how big he is back in Poland.(Michael Jordan of Poland) icon_smile.gif

Do you expect to be traded Dec. 15?

I thought I could relax after I signed a big contract, now next couple of months will be anxious till Dec. 15. But, I will be ready to play my best for the Orlando Magic.

Have you talked to any teammates?

No, but I will call Dwight soon, to get us excited about next season.

Gortat said "we will have an Amazing team next year!"

The whole team is going to work harder to win the title!

Do you think you can start at the 4 position for the Magic?

Yes, I definatly can play the four. I can shoot from the outside, and I can play any 4 on defense.

Any message for Vince Carter?

I have a shoe size of 15. Because that was the first shoes he had.

When will you be bcak in Orlando?

Not sure, probably 2 weeks before training camp.

Gortat is a very likable guy. Glad to have him back! Go Magic!!!

quote:
Originally posted by ERocka:

No problem.

The interview is starting now.

1) Says he is happy to be back.

2) Says he wanted to play more minutes in Dallas but isn't upset Magic Matched and plans to battle for more minutes.

3) Says he is a celebrity in Poland and needs to have an entourage when he goes out.

4) Not sure if he is going to be traded after Dec 15

5) Says he knows he can play the Power Forward position. He Is doing more running, working on his footwork and adds that he can hit the jumper.

He said to the guy saying he was going to see Vince Carter later today that Marcin is going to come in ready to compete to START at Power Forward. Then told Vince his shoe size was 15.

Gortat said he was "happy too" in responding to the hosts saying that Magic fans and the organization are thrilled to have him back.

He sounded sincere to me, I don't think he'll be unhappy or a problem in the locker room. At the same time, he'll be competitive and busting his hump for as many minutes as he can get.

quote:
Originally posted by Darthmagic:

quote:

No problem.

2) Says he wanted to play more minutes in Dallas but isn't upset Magic Matched and plans to battle for more minutes.

3) Says he is a celebrity in Poland and needs to have an entourage when he goes out.

5) Says he knows he can play the Power Forward position. He Is doing more running, working on his footwork and adds that he can hit the jumper.

6) Said he was coming to camp to compete as the starter at power forward.

You can read in to this however you want, but it seems to me if Gorat thinks this he might already know that the Magic plan on moving Lewis back to the SF position.

Marcin definitely has the right attitude. If he keeps working hard, he'll get the minutes he desires, even if it's not in Orlando. I still have a large bruise on my knee from hitting the coffee table when I was running around my living room upon hearing we were going to match.

quote:
Originally posted by MagicFanBen:

quote:
Originally posted by Darthmagic:

quote:

No problem.

6) Said he was coming to camp to compete as the starter at power forward.

You can read in to this however you want, but it seems to me if Gorat thinks this he might already know that the Magic plan on moving Lewis back to the SF position.

It has always seemed like a no-brainer to move shard back to his natural 3 position if possible...but, we didnt have a starter quality 4 so we played him out of position. Now, if Gortat can provide us with a twin tower concept, and do it well...just look out!

imagine:

dwight

gortat

shard

vince

jameer

so amazing...

Even though I think Bass is the starter, I think Gortat will get a lot more then 10 min a game...maybe closer to 25 min. But if Gortat and Howard did start together...and as you recall Howard and Gortat were one and two in rebounding percentage this year....Man...I dont no if anyone besides those two would get a rebound the whole game. The other team will only get one shot and we will grab the board and go the other way.

quote:
Originally posted by magicfan83:

Marcin definitely has the right attitude. If he keeps working hard, he'll get the minutes he desires, even if it's not in Orlando. I still have a large bruise on my knee from hitting the coffee table when I was running around my living room upon hearing we were going to match.

Agreed, I want to see him play for Poland in the World Championships and see how he does. Might be an audition of sorts. 1) for his trade value and 2) for a potential role at power forward.

quote:
Originally posted by Darth Evil Dead:

Even though I think Bass is the starter, I think Gortat will get a lot more then 10 min a game...maybe closer to 25 min. But if Gortat and Howard did start together...and as you recall Howard and Gortat were one and two in rebounding percentage this year....Man...I dont no if anyone besides those two would get a rebound the whole game. The other team will only get one shot and we will grab the board and go the other way.

Well said, it has been my point this entire summer. I get flamed for saying start them together, but when you have 4 guys in the lineup that will get a ton of points, having Marcin out there for defense and rebounding is your best starting 5. DEFENSE & REBOUNDING WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS as we saw first hand against the Lakers.