Sign in to follow this  
omagic133

Its Official! Barnes A Magic! [update p.24]

quote:
Originally posted by Magicfan57:

It's official...Barns signes with Magic

http://www.nba.com/2009/news/0...signed.ap/index.html

quote:

Barnes' agent, Aaron Goodwin, who also represents Magic All-Star center Dwight Howard, confirmed the deal in an e-mail Monday, but declined to disclose financial terms.

one trip to see two clients, not too shabby, who else does he rep?

I can see Matt Barnes bringing some of the same things Mo Evens brought a few season ago. Energy, corner three point shot, cutting to the basket, solid defense. I think this is a really good signing.

Great signing by us! Barnes can bring toughness, attitude, and some dirtiness; something that definitely lacked as an organization for a while now. With him and bass, I don't expect teams like BOS and DET just to bully us around anymore. Great signing, and anyone who doesn't think so was clearly content with our choir boy identity.

Everyone has been bashing Otis for as long as he's been on the job, while I've been sitting back, quietly loving every move that he has made. I did question the VC trade, simply because I hated giving up Lee to do it, but now that we got Barnes, losing Lee doesn't hurt so bad.

Otis is amazing. Funny how it wasn't that long ago everyone was bashing him, now those same people are praising him.

I like Barnes and was surprised by the news, but I just can't help but like CJ Watson better. We need a backup PG so bad. I know Otis will give us something special, but we are working with pennies now. Make one more great move and GM of the year is a lock. Did anybody hear that Shaq went to Cleveland? Was that Cleveland that he went to or NY? Boston, Where are you gonna turn when all those old men start breaking down? 60+ wins. BOOK IT!!!

this is like barnes 7th team. someone please tell me why this has happened. last year phx got killed . i just dont get it. ra or bass will start and pie ane jj will be first of the bench, book it. jacklj

Very excited to see that Barnes is now official. Way good signing whether he starts or comes off the bench. I think he'll be a great role player either way.

One thing I don't agree with is trading for Duhon. We still have a roster to fill and we'd probably have to give up 2 guys for 1. If he can be had straight up with something on the side, that's sweet, but we need to be filling roster spots and not vacating them. I'd love to sign CJ and I'm proud of Otis for not getting him inked to an offer sheet before Barnes was had. Well done.

I've never been a fan of a team with as much potential as this Magic team. Well, except for the Justice League of course.

justice-league-of-america-movie-pushed-back-warner-bros-want-a-script-rewrite.jpg

quote:
Originally posted by jack l j:

this is like barnes 7th team. someone please tell me why this has happened. last year phx got killed . i just dont get it. ra or bass will start and pie ane jj will be first of the bench, book it. jacklj

i agree i dont know why this would happen . but i do think barnes may b sort of good but maybe i dont know, i think. jareth cutestory

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

quote:
Originally posted by jack l j:

i agree i dont know why this would happen . but i do think barnes may b sort of good but maybe i dont know, i think. jareth cutestory

barnes needs to be in a system that is more run and gun... like us, the sun, the warriors... He dones not fit in some other styles... this is the report I heard in the past...