Sign in to follow this  
omagic133

Its Official! Barnes A Magic! [update p.24]

quote:
Originally posted by Nelson3:

quote:
Originally posted by Bun B:

Whatever Rashard gives up in foot speed at the 3 he gains back with his length. There are only a handfull of 6'10 guys that can play the 3 in the league. I think he can still play that position effectively, but I can see SVG starting the season with him at the 4. Unless, Bass/Anderson/Gortat really impress in training camp.

Imo we signed bass so we can start shard at the 3 or 4 depending on wat team we r playing

What Nelson3 said

quote:
Originally posted by Noonskadoodle17:

Dwight just said that he talked to Matt Barnes the day before he signes and told him he would LOVE for him to come here and the next day he signed so I guess it is official.

see above for OS link making it official

quote:
Originally posted by Nelson3:

The cavs fans are so stupid. If we got moon n they got barnes they would be talking bout how moon hasnt done anything n barnes is a great defender lol

What Cavs fans fail to realize is that Moon has done nothing to help a team win a playoff series. He was invisible against us two years ago and I believe he was banged up come playoff time this year.

However, Barnes was a major contributer on that famed GS team and consistently hit big shots in both the Dallas series and the following Utah series. When you pick up role players, you look for guys that won't fold in playoff games on the road and are experienced and capable of making timely big plays in pressure situations if needed. This is especially important for teams like the Magic that are in their championship window. Just look at guys like Derek Fisher, James Posey, and even MP last year. I'll take proven playoff experience over athleticism in a role player on a championship contending team anyday.

quote:
Originally posted by FENDI:

quote:

The Orlando Magic and free-agent forward Matt Barnes have reached an agreement in principle on a two-year deal, Barnes' agent confirmed to me early Tuesday morning.

Aaron Goodwin, who represents Barnes and Howard, said the Magic's All-Star center made a big difference in the push for Barnes.

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

quote:

Dwight just said that he talked to Matt Barnes the day before he signes and told him he would LOVE for him to come here and the next day he signed so I guess it is official.

see above for OS link making it official

Yeah I saw that right after I posted it but atleast Dwight got serious for a minute instead of reacting to all the immature people watching him hahaha

quote:
Originally posted by jecMagicMan:

quote:
Originally posted by FENDI:

quote:

The Orlando Magic and free-agent forward Matt Barnes have reached an agreement in principle on a two-year deal, Barnes' agent confirmed to me early Tuesday morning.

Aaron Goodwin, who represents Barnes and Howard, said the Magic's All-Star center made a big difference in the push for Barnes.

quote:
Originally posted by CubanMagic89:

quote:
Originally posted by ThisIsTheYear:

quote:

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/dwighthowardlive

dwight live

Dwight: "Your mama was a whale. She's the one that started Free Willy."

*eruption of laughter ensues*

seconds later...

Dwight: "Yeah, I made that one up."

Well....that'll just about do it for me. Time to hit the hay.

Lol. Im done with it to. People can't act human in the room.

Dwight's hilarious...... *yawn