moldy_hobo

Sentinel now confirming Magic matching to retain Gortat

quote:
Originally posted by HighAngleEd:

quote:
Originally posted by cac67:

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

For anybody that has the time and wants to laugh until their ribs hurt click this link...

http://mavsblog.dallasnews.com...lando-will-matc.html

There must be hundreds of Mavs fans posting and pissed...

Hilarious!!!

I just posted this there:

quote:
Hi, guys, magic fan here. I'm as pissed as you are about this. What the hell are we paying $5.8mil/year for 10 minutes a game? Granted, he's worth that kind of money, but not for 10 minutes a game.

This offseason has been a complete failure for smith. He could have kept Hedo, and even told him they'd continue negotiating after he got some offers, then goes right out and trades a promising rookie for an over the hill, injury prone $20mil/year vince carter, making it impossible to sign Hedo back. Who the hell is going to run the magics offense now, nelson?

Orlando is screwed for years, and most of the "fans" on the magic forum are too stupid to see it.

Help me get rid of this twit. Go to www.fireotissmith.com and sign the online petition. There's no cost and you don't have to register or anything. All I ask is that you don't put a bunch of crap names on there like Mickey Mouse and Daffy Duck.

LOL mavs fans!!! click the link, click the link!!!

That is one messed up Rick Roll. As if we haven't done enough to make ourselves feel good and the Mavs feel like crap.

quote:
Originally posted by FloridianaJones:

quote:
Originally posted by SOMEONE_@_sometime_during_the_summer_of_2007: god i hate this organization and Otis.... they will NEVER go into the luxary tax and just tied our hands by giving Rashard Lewis a huge contract, we will never win or even get to the finals.

I just have to point out if you ever said anything like this 2 years ago(like most of my friends), its very clear now that you failed miserably.

Oh yeah, I can recall many of these post.........of the not so distant past!

But beleive it or not.....the pressure is now on us to winn it all this season!!!!!!! Get ready!!!!

quote:
Originally posted by Darth Evil Dead:

quote:
Originally posted by magicmikej:

quote:
Reading Gortat's agent say Marcin is very very dissapointed makes me want to hate him now.

This is AGENT talk. He want's to do business with Dallas in the future so he is trying pass the blame on the Magic, keeping himself in good graces with the Mavericks for any future dealings.

Marcin was at the summer league games and HE said that no matter what happens he will be HAPPY. I take the Polish hammer at his words, not some agent.

I present to you a list of back up centers making the same money as Gortat:

DeSagana Diop $6 mil a year

Nazr Mohammed $6.4 mil a year

Jerome James $6.6 mil a year

Big Z $11.5 mil a year

Jeff Foster $6 mil a year

Mark Blount $7.9 mil a year

Dan Gadzuric $6.7 mil a year

Etan Thomas $7.9 mil a year

Tony Battie $6.6 mil a year

Eddy Curry $10.5 mil a year

Darko Milicic $7.5 mil a year

Nick Collison $6.2 mil a year

Nenad Krstic $5.1 mil a year

So where would Gortat rank on that list in terms of value?

Excellent!!! I like Krstic...but Marin is better than all of them!

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

For anybody that has the time and wants to laugh until their ribs hurt click this link...

http://mavsblog.dallasnews.com...lando-will-matc.html

There must be hundreds of Mavs fans posting and pissed...

Hilarious!!!

Jesus....I hope any residents of Orlando, who may be in Dallas at the moment are either leaving town or increasing their life insurance! That city just went nuttzzz!! LOL

this thread cracks me up with almost 30,000 views because you know a lot are Mavs fans. Just compare it to the Bass thread and these two threads have the most views by a long shot.

To all you Dallas Lurkers....Thanks for getting Bass ready to play with the big boys the last two years. He is going to be a nice piece here in Orlando for many years to come. We will send him by to visit you guys at the retirement home.

quote:
Originally posted by MagicFanBen:

this thread cracks me up with almost 30,000 views because you know a lot are Mavs fans. Just compare it to the Bass thread and these two threads have the most views by a long shot.

To all you Dallas Lurkers....Thanks for getting Bass ready to play with the big boys the last two years. He is going to be a nice piece here in Orlando for many years to come. We will send him by to visit you guys at the retirement home.

I can

Posted by TweedleBUCK @ 4:48 PM Mon, Jul 13, 2009

EFF! Now we are stuck with dampier ... AGAIN... I'm tired of seeing his face when he screws up on a basket or a play... and rolls his eyes ... looks like an effing manatee orgasming

I will never be able to watch Dampier again without imagining him as a sea cow.

I am one step away from accepting Moldy Hobo. I am always a three strikes and your out, or three right and your in kind of guy. haha.

Otis is the real deal, ladies and gents. We need to be very thankful for this man.

And be ESPECIALLY thankful for the Ownership! I don't want to hear ANY OF YOU complain about RDV being cheap...EVER AGAIN.

quote:
Originally posted by AddiFB:

quote:
Originally posted by magicmikej:

quote:
Reading Gortat's agent say Marcin is very very dissapointed makes me want to hate him now.

This is AGENT talk. He want's to do business with Dallas in the future so he is trying pass the blame on the Magic, keeping himself in good graces with the Mavericks for any future dealings.

Marcin was at the summer league games and HE said that no matter what happens he will be HAPPY. I take the Polish hammer at his words, not some agent.

Ding ding ding!

This!

This should be a factor in judging the situation of Marcin Gortat and his feel on his position right now. I think he's alright too...I mean..isn't Poland closer from Florida than it is from Texas?

Marcin will receive additional income on top of the MLE pay due to the fact that he is now a very famous basketball player. (the only player from Poland to ever play in the NBA) The recent finals were televised world wide including Poland. Marcin thinks he could be the President of Poland (said kiddingly) because of his popularity.

Marcin said from the beginning that all he wanted was the Magic to show they wanted him.

Believe me, O-tiz did that!!

Marcin is determined to be just as good as Dwight. Dwight is determined to win it all this year.

Dwight and Jameer sat there in the Amway Arena humiliated that the LAL were taking the World championship trophies on our home court. Dwight remarked that would not happen again.

Do you think after Marcin and dwight work their butts off this summer that either one will allow a trade and disrupt this season and their goal to win a championship? Please don't hold off on buying a Gortat jersey because you think he is going to get traded. Marcin, Moldy, and Dwight, are on the same wave length. He ain't going nowhere.

For the most part I expected that we would retain Marcin Gortat and I'm thrilled that we did. Our roster is shaping up nicely!